hrbart--Seems a little late to sell. Where else can you make 8% yield with a good chance of some pps recovery toward previously higher levels? Sell the Sep $38 calls for a buck to add a little more to your return. Do that a couple more times during the year and you have a nice annualized gain. It does get old watching EVEP underperform the market on lousy volume, so I totally understand anyone who sells.
hrbart--Good luck. I'm holding with you. I bought about 1/3 my current position when the stock was in the low$30's and then sold $38 calls a while back for .70, so made a few bucks per share when it was called away. I'm still a believer long term.
Recently my videos which relied on Adobe Flash stopped working. I assumed it was because of outdated OS in my MAC, which I upgraded to Lion version (still old I know). I try to install Adobe Flash player, but after download I then am directed to a screen offering me other products for purchase (Photoshop, etc), but no ability to continue the install process. I have tried multiple times. Is my OS too outdated or is there some other problem that can be easily fixed? Is there something built into the OS that blocks installation? HELP! Any assistance appreciated. Less
Recently my videos which relied on Adobe Flash stopped working. I assumed it was because of outdated OS in my MAC, which I upgraded to Lion version (still old I know). I try to install Adobe Flash player, but after download I then am directed to a screen offering me other products for purchase (Photoshop, etc), but no ability to continue the install process. I have tried multiple times. Is my OS too outdated or is there some other problem that can be easily fixed? Is there something built into the OS that blocks installation? HELP! Any assistance appreciated.
Also means not many buyers. If any hedge fund wants to manipulate the price either direction, it is easily done. I sold some $29 calls for .70 and wouldn't even guess whether or not my shares will be called away at week end. We need good guidance to bring in better volume and keep this move from stalling IMO.
Nice protective trade. I agree we should see a bounce somewhere near here. Hopefully we get one so I can keep selling covered calls. Unfortunately, I'll probably have to drop my strike to $27ish to get any decent option premium, and then only if we bounce from here. Eventually we will recover, but in the meantime, I plan to try to create a dividend.
Smart play silver. I sold the Jun$29 calls recently for .80 and was thinking I made a big mistake. Hope we don't fall too far so I can keep selling calls.
Those that took profits yesterday or have a strong stomach to hold should do well, but I can't remember too many recommendations to buy going into lockup expiration. I would not be surprised to see it close lower today. Seems likely the market may pull back some and FEYE will likely pull back with it. If we see a pullback there should be plenty of new buyers coming in. I have a small position that I am holding through this period, but would be a buyer on a pullback of $1-$2.
The idea that there is more supply is an assumption about to be tested. Most stockholders are reluctant to sell their stock AFTER such a beating, instead hoping for some recovery prior to selling. If those holding previously locked shares choose to hold, supply won't be affected, or perhaps only briefly. Seems very unlikely we will see a huge drop at this point given what has already occurred.
Not going to happen. Some players with deep pockets have been buying at the bottom with the knowledge that greedy shorts stayed to long and will be covering in waves. Lockup expiration will disappoint shorts greatly and they will rush for the exit, closing their positions over the next few days and weeks.
I started to buy a few totally speculative one day calls ($590 strike) but got distracted on another trade. Later noticed the calls traded in a range from .11 to well over $7. Can you imagine having a 60 bagger in a few hours?
hapi--Totally a trade. I will trade out of it today, but think there is a fair chance of moving higher today. I'll be watching closely during lockup expiration. If the stock holds the first day or so, I'll take a chance with some calls on the bet that shorts will begin covering if the lockup expiration doesn't produce the expected results.
I bought some at $26.50ish and think we are at the bottom here. If I watched my shares freefalling over $60, I would NOT sell here. I doubt many will.
hapi--While you may be correct, you're getting a little carried away with all who gave you thumbs down. I only see 3. But even if you are correct, the stock can still move higher if our recent PE compression is over for now. If the market moves higher, it would not surprise me in the least to see mid $50's later this week.