Here's an interesting article. Search for:
Chitosan coated, chemotherapy packed nanoparticles may target cancer stem cells
Not sure, but there definitely is a place for network biology in the field of immunotherapy. Opdivo and Keytruda have only about a 20% response rate. The race is on to determine why and how to improve it.
Should be a catalyst for a biotech rally.
You can check out the web site. They are working on stem cell technology to regenerate heart muscle. I owned Neostem (just changed their name). It is a very promising field. There are anecdotal cases of nearly full recovery of heart muscle tissue after having suffered a major heart attack. Normally heart muscle tissue once lost, is forever lost. Heart attack patients that literally could barely walk are back to jogging after being treated. I bailed out on Neostem when the price dropped to 5 with a 14K loss - lucky for me since their trial didn't meet all its endpoints.
I always check Market Pulse since the traders always post insider purchases. This one was posted on June 11.
It makes me feel a bit more confident that I chose an income vehicle that I can hold for the next five years. I wanted something to hold through the entire rate cycle, given I expect the NAV to drop, but eventually expect the monthly payout to increase as bonds turn over in the portfolio.
Mgmt carefully timed the reverse to the date of the first DSMB. That took balls given that DVAX would have traded below 10 cents if the DSMB was not favorable and the reverse wouldn't have saved them from delisting. Noting they now have the credit facility and should see some reduction in R&D in Q4, IMHO we see a repeat of the same pattern. Results released, then a secondary or some type of financing announced to take advantage of the increased share price. I don't expect a big pop from the final DSMB, given the FED is likely to raise rates in Sept. If the FED raises in Sept and doesn't in Dec, markets should rally hard off a correction and put DVAX in a good position to announce results then do the secondary offering.
KERX ran on fumes right up until they released results. The stock price more than doubled in a day and the next day mgmt. announced a secondary offering at the new price. Only had to issue half as many shares as they would have had to otherwise.
For conspiracy theorists... MNKD announced the afrezza deal in August. At that time, they stated the deal had been agreed to in June, but it took a couple months to finalize.
With that in mind, note that mammoth MACK options play last month might have been an leak to someone that acted prematurely. Might not have even been from an insider, just someone working for a third party that was somehow involved... like legal staff.
And I forgot to mention I'm debating to wait for Greece to default before buying July 24 calls.
I've been waiting to re-enter with calls. Do you think the July 24 calls are too risky... or are you buying leaps? I'm debating between the July 24 calls and/or the Jan leaps. I'm thinking the whole market tanks in Sept, so I was thinking buy July 24 calls for a run-up into earnings, then wait for a market correction and buy calls for Jan or later. I expect a huge Santa Claus rally if the FED raises only once this year in Sept.
You may be right. TKAI is running a phase III trial sanctioned by FDA with only 148 subjects. Contrast that to the size of the zytiga and xtandi trials which, I believe, were both over 1100 subjects. I'm wondering though how these tiny phase III trials will be received by an advisory panel.
That brings up the question why Merck is moving forward with DVAX's TLR9 argonist instead of IDRA's in combination trials?
I thought IDRA would align with BMS, but now I'm not so sure since I see the agreement with Merck they entered into in 2012.
The way I look at it now is we have two reputable partners now that IDRA is also testing TLR9 with CTL4A and PD1 checkpoint inhibitors. IDRA got MD Anderson Cancer Center as a partner. So that tells me the odds of success have just improved given both MD Anderson and Merck see potential. I give DVAX the edge given we've got a big pharma partner. I'm guessing IDRA will try to partner with BMS (Opdivo) for a PD1 trial. If so, that's another plus in my book.
Please be specific. What is "a lot of money?" Is it 10K, 100K, 500K... what is a lot?
Thanks for specifying exactly how much you made trading today BTW.