For my money, the jury will be out until he shows me something. I don't care what people have said about him and I don't really care what you all are saying about him. I say....Okay, they've hired a replacement. The market obviously didn't care. Dude just needs to get to work and fix what's been broken here in the last 9 months. If we're having trouble penetrating U.S. markets, then let's focus internationally if it's the path of least resistance to profits.
You guys are all arguing on spec. I haven't done any research on the guy so I don't have anything to say positive or negative. Show me something.
Dead money until then.
I'll back you on your synopsis. I think the next year is a dead year in this stock. I believe I'll be able to get back in at or below these levels later with any additional holdings i desire. In the meantime, my core is good. Sitting in my retirement accounts and waiting the two-three years that are required to get this thing moving.
However, I think everyone has to agree that management has not done a very good job in the last 9 mos. The stock price indicates that. I really expected more traction by this point when I began investing in this 5 years ago. It's been dead money. The $5 figure would've been good for this stage of development. I need management to show me something more. Impatient investor?? Perhaps. But when things are heading in one direction and there's a freefall in the opposite direction with NO guidance, I'm entitled to having my misgivings.
I believe by the end of March, the monthly should be around $8 million if they continue to fill $400K per day as they stated in that PR. Good opportunity here.
especially with ELTP soaring like it did. stopped out a $.75 on that one. made $30k in two weeks. not a bad deal. I am a lot more comfortable now. still holding 30K shares but all in retirement accounts. I'm still thinking positively long term but short term this thing sure smells like dead money.
There were no more calls in the cue sono. I was the last call but didn't get in the cue until the guy before me started whining about Larry selling shares. He did say 1 more when he took that call and I was on the line wondering whether he'd take mine or not. But he did. Which leads me to believe there were no more questions in the cue.
I do agree with you about his tone. The spin was entirely "global" and the U.S. was downplayed.
thanks you guys.
sam I do agree with the lumpy business model.
i just don't like what's going on. they clearly didn't want to talk about the 4th quarter as they stated to please refer to the PR. Why not talk about it?
Like I said, I still believe in the technology but how long will it take to get this to market?? It sure feels like it's too long.
Sailing, this is a great synopsis. I totally agree with the "reacting" vs. "dictating'. I don't know how anyone can defend these guys right now. Stop with the excuses. Get off your "assets" and deliver results!!
Can they execute in a timely manner?? I have no doubts about the science and the products. I do have doubts about whether or not they can execute. Feeling better and better about my decision to trim my holdings. I REALLY don't like the "hiding" of Q4 results. I can't find them anywhere. And all this #$%$ about "Well, you really have to look at our business from an annual results perspective".....PLEASE. Man up and talk about Q4. It's freakin' relevant.
that's why I'm expecting more information on the call. the strength the stock has shown since that one weird day is baffling given these results. I would expect the speculation about a new CEO is maybe spot on.
It's dead money at this point. Can't believe what complete and utter disaster the last 9 months have been. Expected this much in the way of way results. Wonder if they can offer anything on the call that would provide some glimmer of hope in the short term.
I agree mo...highly speculative. With the new marketing agreement they just signed, they expect to be doing $10 million a month in revenues. Not saying to bet the "pharm", but I think a move to $1 is very possible within the year.
I still like ELTP a lot more. That's what I rolled most of my CEMI sell into this week and scored. Even though CEMI looks like it got manipulated big time this week, I still lucked into a big move.
the volume is so low, i don't think it means anything today. people piggy backing on yesterday's volume and gain??
the price action is really confusing me right now. the bid is at $3.53 as I write this with the ask at $3.69. It's bouncing all over the place.
Some points the bears have made I have agreed with.
Others I don't. I think the long term here will be prosperous.
This is why I didn't look to liquidate the entire stake. Strength provided an opportunity to move some shares and I had to take advantage of it. The amount of shares that I have can be hard to move in a stock that is this illiquid so the opportunity this morning was something I had been looking for.
The bottom line chart, is that I still have a significant amount of shares but I was missing out on other opportunities that I feel have more explosive growth opportunities. I don't see a double here for quite some time. If I'm wrong, awesome, I still benefit. If I'm not, hopefully the stocks that I reallocated my money in will perform the way I expect them to.
The sharp downturn bothered me, so when I got the opportunity on the rebound I had to lighten up. The last time I saw an unexplained big downturn was right before the Alere announcement came out. No news, just a big leg down in a real large block. The stock rebounded that day as well.
The other thing I don't like is that Susan won't give me anything other than "no comment. That's a bunch of #$%$. The investor relations liaison should have something more than that.
Gotta trust your gut. Right or wrong. I feel good about my decision. I've been over exposed for too long.
I have chosen to liquidate 1/2 my stake in this company on the strength of the rebound to $3.50. I've seen these large chunks before and didn't like what they meant. I don't know what that selloff was about this morning, and I don't know what the rebound was about either, all I know is that I need to sleep at night, and I'm confused right now.
I have lost a great deal of faith in this management team. I think the technology is awesome and up until the middle to end of last year, I thought the same of the management team. And no....the comments on this board didn't do anything to form my current opinion. When rehvdm left this stock, that was my red flag. He was the most knowledgeable person in the forum and his first hand experience with the products was the reason he was here but he didn't like what management was doing.
When I first started investing I subscribed to a newsletter by a man named John Dessauer. I still remember his criteria for selling a stock. "When you find a better idea"
I've found a number of "better ideas" and watched them run with much more explosiveness than I think this possesses in the short term.
Rick, with regards to the changes in CLIA requirements, they absolutely should have known. Period. There is too much at stake there to half #$%$ it that way. I think off the record they would say the same thing.
As of this moment I still have approx. 30K shares and I'm indecisive as to what I will do in the short term. I thought that trimming my position to not only preserve capital ahead of the CC was the prudent thing to do. I also (like I'm sure everyone else) am in search of more explosive growth than I think this thing is capable of. I don't even see a double here for a very long time. I hope for all of our sake's I'm wrong, but until this management team learns to stop stepping in the freshly laid excrement that litters the path to prosperity, we will languish.
I have the utmost respect for all who post, but wish the name calling could stop.
Not to change the subject....BUT
I missed the big move today in PAWS but I'd been doing my DD on it and I think this is a scoreboard deal. Today it traded over 5 million shares with avg volume of 27K. Somebody knows something. I'm estimated earnings at .50/share in the not too far distant future but they are dealing with a bunch of worker's comp. claims and don't get paid until the worker's comp. claim get's settled which could take a while. 111 million shares outstanding (I think??)....Could be a $4-$5 stock in a couple of years. Awesome opportunity. Heavily invested insiders. No FDA approvals pending. Just a solid business model that requires some patience.
I'm always looking for good ideas from you all and I thought I'd share this one with you.
This used to be a fairly civilized place. I would like to request that we all refrain from the #$%$ that's been being thrown about. You're all better than this. All of you. I really don't have time to sift through all of the garbage, but I'm interested in reading the thoughts of most of you pertinent to the stock.
If you all feel a need to continue, I'll just be moving along.
Like I said in a previous post, this is exactly why I've not been active on any other board where I invest.