Hey Traveling... Probably a safe play because I doubt Idera would announce something big this week. It would get lost in the landslide downward.
However, these next weeks or months will be the last washout before the biotech sector--especially small-cap-- goes parabolic. Idera will mature right into the great 1-2 year culmination biotech boom...
I agree that the next few days will be interesting. But I don't agree with you that we need good news to propel us up. We are still way undervalued and still have a lot of room to run even without news.
Idera typically does great in the fall through January. I see no reason why this year will be any different. I expect both GSO and IMO-9200 launch (with partner?) before WM results. Interesting to see how those will affect the share price!
Or should I say many years' run? GSO launch likely in September!
Board is dormant now. It'll be hopping soon when we climb to $4. Then soon, when we're above $6, we'll get a whole new cast of investors here who'll be lamenting the fact that they didn't buy in the $2's and $3's.
Hey Ed...it's always nice to see your name here. We're going to launch GSO within 1 month I figure. A new era will start here. It's going to be an amazing 4th quarter.
Ummm... This stock is likely to double BEFORE next set of results...it's still vastly underpriced
I doubt it'll be Pfizer for the buyout. Although they'd be the perfect candidate, they are slow to the punch. I predict Gilead. They're loaded with money now and are not afraid to gamble. They'll make a side deal with one of the generics who make donezepil to package AnavexPlus, and of course they would use 2-73 alone for Epilepsy and Parkinson's etc.
Great plan, Bio. I'm not enamored with XIV, as it never goes up as much as one would expect. If you think you've timed the bottom, maybe consider TNA instead. Small caps will lead.
SGYP is good if it corrects down some. I don't know if I'd buy it at today's price.
And put a few dollars on AVXL on any dip as a lottery ticket, in case they really do have a viable Alzheimer drug.
You're in a VERY enviable position. Most people aren't sittIng on cash that take advantage of the sale!!
Bad results to Alzheimer's would definitely be painful, but we'll hit gold for epilespy anyway down the road, so we'd be fine in the end. There are a lot of Plan B's with 2-73 and the whole pipeline.
Never wrong to take profit. But more often than not, I wind up losing shares in the end when playing the trading game. The stock could open gap up at the wrong time, like just after you've sold half your shares.
Only 2 great biotech plays out there now with both massive potential and massive under-valuation. IDRA and AVXL (maybe CUR too). I still hold my core position in IDRA though, but am in a similar boat with AVXL.
Exactly... I sold my extra Idera that I bought last week and bought more AVXL. I still hold a large core position of IDRA that will sit there long term. I'm not selling any AVXL any time soon either. It'll settle somewhere in the $2.50 to $5.00 for a while, imo.
(As great as Idera will be with TLR and GSO, it's market potential is dwarfed by AVXL. It has a novel CNS platform group of drugs (sigma receptor) that could possibly treat Alzheimers, Epilespy, Parkinson's, Concussions, and more. And as their drugs also target protein misfolding, they may be effective in diabetes and a host of other diseases. Perhaps 2-73 will be the first trillion dollar drug.)
Hey, thanks for your thoughts, Bio... Timing the market as you're planning to do is very difficult. I feel that small biotechs that have been beaten down badly already (like us) may do ok relative to everything else. And, as Cramer says, there's always a bull market somewhere. So if the market does have a significant pullback, some of that money will go somewhere else. Why not here!
I agree, Bio... At this share price I expected institutional ownership to surge. It does play in to a fear of mine....namely, that our first drug at bat may not be our best one. I've seen his before in many biotechs. IMO-2125 may/will be a blockbuster, and maybe -9200 also (espec in oral form for IBD). Then of course there is GSO. But -8400 is first. It may be good, but another Imbrivuca?
Perhaps some are betting against -8400, and will re-enter IDRA after WM results?
Btw, this is NOT my belief. I will also hold long term.
Hey, Help... I agree with your post. Less excitement for posting when the stock is going down. I plan on adding to my position here very soon, as the current stock price is too enticing to ignore. That being said, they've sucked the life out of a lot of small cap biotech investors, and there's a loadful of cheap biotech bargains out there! Idera is only one of them.
That's the beauty of it. The bar will be set low for FDA approval. As long as it doesn't harm, any hint of efficacy will be enough.
It's part muscarinic, but it's mostly a sigma-1 receptor agonist, which effects cell mitochondria. It's biggest effect is to prevent protein misfolding and tau phosphorylation. It's has a secondary effect in decreeing amyloid as well.
2-73 is NOT another amyloid-targeting drug. That's only a part of its effect.
They buy now as a courtesy to Anavex, who has requested the cash now. Or they buy now because of a real chance of quick buyout, and they want more sharesin their possession.