Because retail owns too many shares. They don't want it to take off yet.
Don't know about Russell. Last year we tanked after that lol.
What I can't figure out is why Bakers even entered TTHI. Phase 2 showed no efficacy at all compared to placebo. Maybe helped with agitation a little (then phase 3 failed even that).
I agree. As soon as the first shorts start the ball rolling to cover, the rest will move like rats abandoning a sinking ship. Might be today, tomorrow, or maybe not until July. But it'll be quite a sight.
Massive short volume. As Amano said, they've had a hard time pushing this price down. We are resilient longs who aren't selling. We're setting up for perhaps a 50 cent spike upwards one of these days. Soon.
Of course I would sell some Anavex, lol. I would love to take my initial investment of the table and only play on with house money.
The other stock is a tough call. The shorts might keep up their grip all the way through phase 3. It depends on how many shares they can get. Once institutional ownership gets high enough, we'll be fine. I'll hold for years there no matter what. The pipeline there could be massive. My prediction is yes, we'll get to $7 there this year, but will it hold??
If one is smart enough to hold. Most will sell at $3-4 or so for the 10-bagger. And then when epilepsy hits for 2-73, and then 3-71 after that, it'll be $75 per share of more.
I believe the share price suffered from a decade's worth of failed Alzheimer trials (targeting amyloid plaques). People had ignored all Alz drugs. It all changed when Biogen released encouraging early data on their new drug. Anavex started to rise after that. Additionally, Anavex published encouraging pre-clinical data at the same time which validates their science (in theory anyway). And Anavex's science and drugs are as promising as ANY other drug in this space. It's targeting the disease in a new way. Maybe it'll work, maybe not.
Hey, George... look at CPRX--- early data says it helps in 1/4 of Tourette's patients.... It's soaring today.
I wonder if 2-73 will work for this disease. Interesting to hypothesize...
Hey KD-- we'll see. I think that Idra will end the month strong.
I'm still waiting for that scare or bear raid in AVXL lol. This thing could run to $2.00 BEFORE results.
Hey, Lube. I expect major short covering to begin today. If not at the open, soon afterwards... We should end the week strong.
Hey Jackie--just reminding everyone that share count doesn't matter. It's about the percent of your portfolio, risk, age, etc. I still believe that the biotech sector will have explosive growth for years to come, and it's the best place for one's money.
Depending on one's timeline, it doesn't make much difference in the end. We're gonna get bought out for anywhere from $20-$100 for our platforms. The shorts have limited potential to make money here at our current price imo. I think they'll free it pretty soon and try again when it's $5-$8.
Maybe the shorts have a vendetta against you and have set up a challenge. They wont give up their fight until they've broken your will. So maybe you should lie and post that you've given up and sold off your entire position. Then, for kicks, they'll let the stock take off!
Take one for the team lol..