Yep, thouh $16 is still a pretty good target. They're adjusting many biotech price targets downward a bit. They are all weak this morning.
Unless those who bought yesterday AM are in for a quick trade ahead of the Cowen conference--which I doubt-- UP we go again today. I don't think we consolidate yet. Less than 2 mil shares on the free float, not many available.
A lot of beaten down bios have almost doubled from their lows-- for example SYN (from $1-$2), ADXS, NVIV, TROV, ZIOP, etc, so I wouldn't be suprised at all if MRNS hits $8 by next week. Just my hunch.
You know, I think you're right! I think they just got notified that trial has been completed (thus the mention that it was completed in their statement today), and expect results in 1-3 weeks, but not sure if q1 or q2.
Yes, they said FX results first half. But they also said trial has been completed. They don't control the trial, as you know, but very interesting as to why the time delay. If they knew the news was bad, I see no advantage for them to not disclose ASAP and put it behind them with the more important trial results pending this summer. So it's likely they don't have results yet. On the other hand, if results are great, there's an outside chance that they are negotiating accelerated approval and phase 3 (if even nec) now with the FDA. I doubt it, but who knows
Have $57 mil in cash. Expenses went up, as expected.
The most interesting thing to me was that they discussed upcoming Fragile X results prominently, right after the flagship Focal seizure trial. A nice hint?
Yes, I have a position there, small though now. I am debating whether to add. My problem with AVXL is that their first trial went after the holy grail, Alzheimer's, the toughest of them all. So while their drug will likely work in many indications, their first trial is the riskiest! It's like taking the best pitching prospect in years and have his first start be game 7 in the World Series. My other problem is they are short of cash, so the dilution hammer is always hanging over your head.
The secret to having a good reliable T.A. formula that works for you is keeping it secret. Once everyone is using the same formula, it no longer works! Lol
I agree totally with you, but I view IDRA at its current market cap as a better investment than TROV at its market cap. That's all.
We had a great week, and we're just getting started here (the EOD share price slamdown notwithstanding).
I expect more of the same next week, although we might consolidate a bit at some point.
Hopefully we get positive news very soon. I expect the launch of IV Ganax for S.E. any day now...
Hey MGM...while I agree that TROV may have a long way to go, I never buy/chase a biotech stock when it's running. Percentage-wise, TROV has almost doubled off its low.
Well, the good news is that our stock price is going up, but we're barely a blip on the radar screen.
HELLO, anybody home? lol
Big 2-day rally, and Cowen next week. Still fairly low volume.
My opinion is that any new fund who wants to acquire a significant position here won't be able to p*ssyfoot around by buying a few shares at a time. They'll have to bid it up. I think we run big soon, maybe today.
jr...Good luck with CLDX-- I don't own any, but I'm rooting for it. But immunology/GBM is a very uphill battle.
Regarding IDRA, in the past if has always rallied into conferences, but then sells off immediately afterwards, as IDRA rarely announces anything new at them. So I'm still holding my position there, but am not buying more into this rally at this time.
Regarding MRNS, I think we're just getting started here. Another big run like today would improve the technicals even more, and, using your metric, we would finally see the 5 day crossing over the 13 day EMA.