Ok, Bio.... You've convinced me.... since I'm fully vested, I'll take a break from the stock market until Thanksgiving or so. I won't be checking on any of my holdings (including Idera or this message board) until then. It's not worth the stress!...
Also, around that time I'll be getting some new money to invest, so no need to do anything until then anyway. I appreciate your T.A., so thanks.
The examples of DNDN, SVNT, VVUS, AMRN, ARNA (and MNKD next??) have done their part to dampen biotech evaluations. All have had poor stock performance despite approved products. Some of our current biotech price decline has been a result of decreased expectations and a valuation re-set (lower) of the whole sector. And they DO punish most biotechs that are no longer perceived as a buyout target.
What would help is another buyout or two to help the sector recover, to remind people of the possibility of massive returns! KERX, PBYI, ACHN, and even PCYC come to mind. On the bright side, our market cap is so tiny, we have a LOT of room to run no matter what.
It's often true. Look at AMRN, ARNA, and now MNKD. And KERX's and PBYI's rise is, in part, based on the likelihood of getting bought out. That being said, even early positive data from IMO-8400 will immediately put us on the potential buyout list.
The important question is how long will the MM hold there shares "to sell later". And at what price will the stock be then? Then maybe the'll start another cycle.
to get your shares cheaply. Don't get too greedy trying to time the bottom perfectly! The train could take off without you. Don't wait until next week. Just my opinion.
hey Frank...I'm not sure you'll be able to get your shares under $2.00. There's no volume at all. Almost no retail sellers left....They'll only be able to drip this price down so much.
With the pros on board in this company (including the Baker Bros.), I've wondered whether they're waiting for the storm to pass over before announcing good news (including Psoriasis 0.6 mg cohort study, partnerships, etc).
They know what they're doing. Positive announcements recently from other small cap biotechs have been wasted, crushed by the downslide avalanche.
I suspect we'll get great news when the market has turned.
Interesting posts!. We'll see.... it's bounced off 1948 twice now....
Conversely, if we don't breach 1948, there could be a sharp turnaround if/when people realize that they can't get in cheaper...
This message board is, unfortunately, almost unreadable due to all the junk STEM vs CUR postings...
Question: Do you think that most of these posts are truly from crazy/nutjob STEM supporters? Or do you think that these are from paid bashers trying to distract us from the reality--that CUR is a powerhouse in the making, and that Institutions have been accumulating significant shares recently.. What's your honest opinion?...thanks
Yes, it might be only a relief rally.
Doesn't matter, really, unless one is still looking to buy shares at the lowest possible price.
Missed a golden opportunity in KERX a couple of days ago, in the $12's. No extra cash now here to invest, lol....
Anyway, they got their patent. Straight shot to buyout now. Easy call.
now IDRA at $2.00+....
It'll will work out in the end, if the science and the drugs are good.
Hey, what's the deal with ISR? Maybe it'll go the route of SVNT, with a good treatment that nobody uses!!
Anyway, holding strong in IDRA and CUR here-- my only biotech holdings-- both of which I expect to soar in the future.
Taken over by nut-jobs....I'm sure much of this trash is deliberate to discourage long-term holders. Nonetheless, it's becoming almost unreadable. I guess that's the price paid for the company being on the radar now.
End of quarter today... will they want some IDRA in their portfolio by this afternoon, or wait until next quarter (tomorrow) to buy?
I expect a good fourth quarter and an even greater first quarter next year...
The time to buy biotechs is when everyone thinks its "dead money". It's dead money 'til it's not. Most of the time people chase them and wind up losing in the end.
I'm doubting whether the "expected market-wide correction" will occur this year at all. It doesn't usually happen when everyone is expecting it to happen.