As usual, anticipating the news to come from a scheduled event is a non-starter. I don't know how many times that has to be demonstrated, but no doubt it will happen again. I'm looking for news from out of the blue that will leave the people who have given up their positions chasing the price - as it zooms upward and away.
As much as I disagree with you - and as thoroughly I think your arguments are countered by "Irishtrader" - your reasoning is still likely why the PPS continues to drag. Your kind of cautionary and limiting rhetoric is probably circulating in the investment community more than that, say, of "Irishtrader." But I think that will change soon, and that we will see prices far beyond the measly $10 you project. In fact, the information needed to begin turning it around may be put out there this very weekend. If not, then it won't be far into the future. In the end, truth will prevail. That is what the process is designed to do, give us truth, not rhetoric.
I read it differently. The lows are getting higher and highs lower. Look at a 6 month chart. It's evening out, fewer sellers and fewer buyers. The trading range is narrowing.
Also, I think some, if not most, of that institutional money came with a rather short-term commitment, to mid-May, as I recall. So we might expect something very positive to happen between now and then.
I don't think it's unusual for a secondary to be offered below market value. It serves to attract institutional investors, as per the case in point.
According to a recent, apparently well researched article on that question, it was concluded that the actual percentage is largely unknowable.
Over the course of those 15 years I'm sure you agree that one of Geron's major failings was lack of focus. I used to say that Okarma's biggest problem was that he never heard an idea that he wasn't willing to pursue. And many were great ideas, indeed, but none ever led to any kind of conclusion that would put the company on a more solid financial footing, from which to pursue those many "good ideas." So now we've turned the corner to one totally obligated to following ONE idea to its conclusion. Is that the right strategy? It's the only one we have left, isn't it. In fact, the issue is whether or not we have the resources left to even do that? Well, I think we do, particularly since the cancer research field itself has taken on the responsibility to explore the fuller potential of Imetelstat. My concern all along has been that other technology will be developed that supplants Imetelstat's role in targeting telomerase. Nevertheless, that is the hand we now hold, and I don't think we're going to be dealt another one (partnership?). At the present time, we are in the game for "all or nothing?' We holding one hell of a hand, but the cards are still being dealt to others in the game. Aside from all the questions left behind us, from GRNVA2 to hESC's, it is Imetelstat that will determine Geron's future, and ours.
Looks like ITMN reported good Phase III results, and the stock is booming as a result. I still hope we don't have to wait that long (Phase III results), but much of the hesitancy in Geron's PPS is undoubtedly due to just that; that we have a long, long way to go. I think not. The prospects for other near term success stories concerning Imetelsat remain very strong, and likely, IMO.
I haven't even seen a post by "lightweight." Must be on my ignore list, but I don't think I'll waste the time checking on that. Goof feature, that ignore list.
For some of us, it feels like a lifetime has already gone by while waiting for that opportunity to come to fruition.
There are plenty of people here who have held this stock for a long time, and who are neither in a position to protect gains, nor want to. We still see the potential power of Geron's vision and technology, and are going to ride out these price swings. Take your advice and your gloating elsewhere, AH!
Are you saying that paragraph he/she quotes is a lie?
People here prefer to live in a dreamworld, not to be disturbed by a dose of reality.