Nice timing with WMC and AWLCF, although I would have stayed way from that one...China now starting a QE program...great....the dollar will be stronger than ever, which is not good for interest rates regardless of what the fed does or says....nice come back for MORL, CEFL, WMC, PSEC, and others, along with MLP's...still, the market seems to love the large cap DOW stocks the most....
I don't know why YHOO is not trading higher...it should be over $45, by now....people are listening to the talking heads scaring them about the BABA IPO....BABA is not FB....sorry...they are making money hand over fist.
I agree...buying more here on this drop....anyone selling now is out of their mind.....BABA is not FB.
Man, you guys are gluttons for punishment....and you keep buying more! Unbelievable....NEVER...EVER fall in love with a stock...also, when the market goes one way, you had better not be standing in front of it.
What I don't understand is why MORL, CEFL, ARR, WMC, etc are still going down...its obvious that interest
rates are not going up any time soon...Yellen's message is pretty dovish and clear on that...so, why the pull back? FYI, I am still holding, (not buying) but holding....Oil MLP's will go back up once the cold winter arrives.
Meanwhile, I am getting antsy about my huge position in YHOO...sell now, wait for the IPO, sell some, sell
nothing??? Good problem to have, but I am really all in on this one...I could really get bit in the #$%$ if it tumbles....looking at putting in stops at various prices, various amounts of shares. Opinions?
Can't afford this to go under $20....
All up today...I like to own stocks that go up.....my PSEC, CEFL, MORL, ARR, WMC, NLY, NCT, STON and oil MLP's are down...thank goodness I have way more shares in what's listed above, than what's listed here...on the plus side today, thank goodness. Market is acting like interest rates are going through the roof...I don't see it...govt can't pay the interest on the massive debt now...I see a rate from 0 to .25...maybe .50 at the outside...no more, if that, and not til late next year or longer if the market tanks in Oct....keep the faith.
No they won't...the govt cannot afford to pay the current interest payment on the debt, let alone a higher payment due to higher interest rates....the worst that will happen is a token increase in the rate from 0 to .25....at the very most .50, and I doubt even that high....you are a dope.
People are waking up to the fact that BABA will be priced well above the experts/ estimates, and will easily
trade +10 points up in the first day....YHOO will be over $50 before you know what hit you....buy all you can here.
Sept 18th....or, if delayed, Sept 28th.....8 is a very lucky number in China.....I see YHOO at $48.
You've got guts, Huff...I'll give you that....you may be close to the bottom, or you may not...I am just not a believer in SDRL or the entire drilling space, for that matter...Good Luck...I hope you make money on it.
Personally, If I would buy anything in this space, (which I am not inclined to do at present) I would be buying SFL on the dips that will result with the ever impending market correction... once all this BABA hype is over, there will be no real catalysts to keep this market from tanking....SDS and TZA will be my best options for all the excess cash I will have by the end of Sept....I am buying BAC hand over fist on every dip as well.....Gold/Silver do not appear to be the answer, due to strength in the dollar.
I only have one quarter of the position I had in AAPL before the iPhone 6 launch...I just want to see what happens if the news for the sale of this new phones are higher than anticipated for the Christmas season...Any way, I have a stop in at $98 in case it tanks in Oct along with everything else.
Gutsy buy on SDRL...I still think it goes under $30, and I still think the divvy is in jeopardy in 2015...good luck Huff...I think we are all going to need it come Oct....
Yep...got back right after the dip....not near as many shares though, this time around.
I am REALLY top heavy in YHOO, and will be buying BABA as well on the 18th...
I like BAC as well long term, regardless of what the market does and will buy more on any dips.
Very good analysis, DH.....very well put....I love STAGG's WMC...I will be putting some of my AAPL profits into it.
And all other weak sisters....SFL is also now top heavy in this market that is just looking to correct.
Momentum stocks are higher....AAPL and YHOO....follow the money guys....that's all I'm say'n.
BABA is coming and its going to make some people allot of money in a very short period of time...
I am not worried about YHOO...you guys had better be more concerned about SDRL and your oil and gas MLP's which are going down and will really get hurt in the coming correction. I am loaded up with YHOO in the low $30's, and will load up on BABA when its on the market...you under estimate the size and profitability of BABA...also incredible potential opening up the US market....
I sold all my AAPL for $101.50 yesterday....again, I love the company, and they will have significant profits in the coming months...I am concerned now, more than ever with a market correction, which will be much deeper than the last one, I fear, so I am in my short term trading mode, not my investment mode....I hope you got rid of SDRL...it will do nothing but go down in this current environment, and very much so, during any correction....I am loaded for bear with YHOO, and will put more money to work in BABA when the IPO is out.
Dumb buy for the insiders...they are already losing money. They should have waited til it is under $30....more downside coming, as there is no catalyst to drive the price higher....
Buy the dip today...its a gift. Cramer says YHOO is a buy and BABA IPO will be under priced at like $65...he says it will easily go over $70 and possibly $90....I sold my AAPL today over $100, and will have extra cash to buy more YHOO.