Aldoxorubicin combines the chemotherapeutic agent doxorubicin with a novel linker-molecule cannot be treated with surgery — while using aldoxorubicin. That’s nearly double the percentage of success ratethat binds specifically to albumin in the blood to allow for delivery of higher amounts of doxorubicin (3½ to 4 times) without the major dose-limiting toxicities seen with administration of doxorubicin alone. 1) The company reported two-thirds of the patients included in a study did not see a spread in soft-tissue tumors — growths that s experienced from a predecessor drug known as doxorubicin. (INDUSTRY CHOICE DRUG). Many believe it has good potential to replace Doxorubicin, the "drug of choice" for many types of cancer treatment. Comparisons look outstanding with top INDUSTRIAL standard treatment- statistically significant better outcomes than those who were treated with doxorubicin, the standard treatment for this type of cancer. The primary endpoint was progression-free survival and aldoxorubicin was better than doxorubicin based on this measurement. 2) Momentum with the released more data from its Phase 2b clinical trial comparing aldoxorubicin to doxorubicin in patients with soft tissue sarcoma. The aldoxorubicin study, an experimental treatment targeting soft-tissue sarcomas, was found to have an 80% to 100% success rate in progression-free survival over using chemotherapeutic agent doxorubicin in isolation. 3) Not to long ago this was a 40$ stock. TECHNICALS AND MOMENTUM are working in its favor. 4) Aldoxorubicin actually works in such a way that it allows more doxorubicin to be safely administered to patients. This is achieved by combining doxorubicin with CytRx's linker-molecule that is designed to bind with a certain type of blood protein, which delivers it to the cancer. 5) Aldoxorubicin is the only single treatment agent that has ever surpassed doxorubicin as a "first line treatment" for soft tissue sarcomas.
6) These findings continue to remain significant because the sarcomas market in the United States alone is sizable. More than 12,000 people every year are diagnosed with sarcomas and soft tissue sarcomas make up about 15% of all cancers in children under the age of 20.
7) The aldoxorubicin study, an experimental treatment targeting soft-tissue sarcomas, was found to have an 80% to 100% success rate in progression-free survival over using chemotherapeutic agent doxorubicin in isolation.
8) Tests of CytRx also showed “unambiguous” improvement rates of 80% to 100% in patients using aldoxorubicin over doxorubicin. 9) "These results are extraordinary for a single agent treating these chemotherapy-resistant tumors," the study's principal investigator Sant Chawla of the Sarcoma Oncology Center in Santa Monica said in a statement. "Aldoxorubicin is the first and only single agent to surpass doxorubicin as a first-line treatment for soft tissue sarcomas." 10) Aldoxorubicin is a major advance for treating soft tissue sarcomas," added CytRx CEO Steven A. Kriegsman. "By applying our proprietary linker technology to target the release of doxorubicin directly at the site of cancer we are able to safely increase the dosage of doxorubicin by approximately three and one-half to four times with tremendous clinical benefit to the patient." 11 ) Science is the way to make healthcare affordable and help with healthcare cost. 12)” THE FUTURE____________ drug’s potential extends much further because doxorubicin in particular and anthracyclines in general are indicated as first- or second-line therapy for many other common cancers including breast, ovarian, small-cell lung, multiple myeloma, acute myelocytic leukemia and more. As such, the ability of aldoxorubicin to safely administer high doses of doxorubicin holds tremendous therapeutic potential to oncologists and their patients worldwide.” 13) HISTORIC achievements in Biotechnology stocks are happening more often with new technologies. CytRx President and CEO Steven A. Kriegsman commented, “Aldoxorubicin is a major advance for treating soft tissue sarcomas. The future is here now and this is a major step understanding cancer. STS is a cancer occurring in muscle, fat, blood vessels, tendons, fibrous tissues and connective tissue, and can arise anywhere in the body at any age. According to the American Cancer Society, there are approximately 50 types of STS; and in 2013 more than 11,400 new cases will be diagnosed in the U.S., and approximately 4,400 Americans will die from STS. In addition, approximately 40,000 new cases and 13,000 deaths in the U.S. and Europe are part of a growing underserved market. CytRx plans to expand its pipeline of oncology candidates based on a linker platform technology that can be utilized with multiple chemotherapeutic agents and may allow for greater concentration of drug at tumor sites. CytRx also has rights to two additional drug candidates, tamibarotene and bafetinib. CytRx completed its evaluation of bafetinib in the ENABLE Phase 2 clinical trial in high-risk B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia (B-CLL), and plans to seek a partner for further development of bafetinib
** Shorts are betting against a major China company and partnership developing. ** We believe MTIA's expertise and relationships in China will enhance Echo's success in this region and our overall value proposition," said Robert F. Doman, Executive Chairman and Interim CEO of Echo Therapeutics, Inc. "In addition to strengthening the balance sheet, this $10 million cash infusion, following the recent positive clinical results for use of our Symphony CGM System, represents an important achievement for Echo as we progress toward regulatory clearance. ***** " THE stock will take off!!!!!!!!! ... Echo Therapeutics Announces Strategic Partnership with Medical Technologies Innovation Asia (MTIA)
******Echo is to receive a $10 million cash investment from MTIA and Platinum Partners
Company will withdraw the offering identified in recent Form S-1 filing. With the 10m ECHO and MTIA can focused on accelerating and delivering game-changing technologies that improve existing standards of care to meet unmet significant clinical needs and challenges, especially in oncology, diabetic, cardiovascular and other aging-related disease.
It has the science and it works, THE Symphony CGM System has the potential to revolutionize the standard of care for glucose monitoring in China," said Bai Ge, Managing Director of MTIA. "We are exceptionally pleased to work together with Echo and look forward to a long and productive partnership."
Try looking at BGMD also.... These stocks could do well with the new year.............. CHINA IS HUGE ECTE and BGMD ((( both))))) have had big China deals. Rock and roll
***************** As leading causes of mortality and morbidity, PREDICTION of heart attack and stroke represent significant unmet need in the medical community………… This meets medical needs in the United States and around the world," ****** CardioSCORE is a diagnostic blood test designed to improve the identification of individuals at high risk for near-term major cardiovascular events, such as heart attack and stroke, ****** SAVING LIVES is TOP OBAMA priority !!!!!!!!!!!!!! DOING it to save money and offer best results!!!!!!!!!! It plays into BG hands. "The fact that approximately 70 percent of patients who suffer from a heart attack or stroke are not properly categorized as high risk using conventional risk factor assessments demonstrates the critical need to more accurately identify patients at risk for these major events," said Prof. Aram Chobanian, MD, President Emeritus of Boston University and Dean Emeritus of Boston University School of Medicine. "A diagnostic blood test capable of identifying high risk patients who would otherwise not be identified using traditional risk scales, particularly in the near-term, could potentially enable optimized preventative treatment and save many lives." HUGE MARKET--------- According to the American Heart Association, heart failure affects an estimated 5.1 million Americans, with an approximate 670,000 new cases occurring each year, and we believe the prevalence and incidence of heart failure are similar in Europe. In the United States alone, heart failure was expected to cost the healthcare system over an estimated $32 billion in 2013. **Valuable tool & Cost effective measure…. ** Nearly 25% of Medicare Patients Hospitalized for Heart Failure Are Readmitted within 30 Days …………. Even after optimal treatment in the hospital, patients often have significant clinical deterioration soon after discharge, leading to unplanned readmissions.
• This is not just a burden on the patients and their families – Medicare estimates that unplanned readmissions cost Medicare $15 billion a year.2
• The Affordable Care Act requires CMS to reduce payments to hospitals with excess readmissions, effective for discharges beginning on October 1, 2012.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ SCIENCE is the answer to reduce medical payments !!!!!!!!!!!!! Heart Failure Patients with Elevated Galectin-3 Are 2-3 Times More Likely to be Readmitted
• Galectin-3 is an independent predictor of outcome in patients with heart failure.4
• Studies have shown that patients with elevated galectin-3 levels (over 17.8 ng/ml) have a two to three times greater risk of readmission within 30 days of discharge – regardless of clinical status at time of discharge.5
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ A Simple Blood Test Can Identify Those Higher-Risk Patients ----------- its here-now and ready for use
• Measuring galectin-3 levels is a simple way to identify patients who have a significantly higher risk of poor outcomes leading to unplanned readmission.5,6
• Prioritizing these patients for readmission reduction programs may be a cost-effective way to improve outcomes and reduce overall readmissions for your heart failure patients.
• DATES to remember DEC31 year end……….. Reporting results of the 2013 year. AAHFN Advanced Heart Failure Symposium
January 17–18, 2014
upcoming DECEMBER catalyst- ***** We reaffirmed our financial guidance for the year ending December 31, 2013. Revenues are expected to range between $3.8 million to $4 million for a year-over-year increase of 48% to 56%. I am guessing this will be one one of the most active stocks in the NASDAQ come the new year after reporting the this and the next year. *************We have also begun to expand adoption of the BGM Galectin-3 Test among the accountable care organizations and community health collaboratives. ***********we’ve begun to expand the network of clinical laboratories that offer the BGM Galectin-3 Test to better support the demand from physicians, healthcare provider groups, hospitals and integrated healthcare delivery networks. *************a research study conducted by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Intramural Research Program, and the Framingham Heart Study reveal that elevated levels of Galectin-3 in blood were significantly associated with increased risk of the rapid loss of kidney function, and of incident chronic kidney disease. Special note their finding suggest that Galectin-3 testing may detect kidney injury years before the clinical onset of kidney disease, and may afford early and targeted strategies aimed at disease prevention. I think we will get news. ***** FUTURE PRESS As momentum and attention is making this an attractive investment. Past studies may in fact be such a tool that could be used to treat all those patients across the continuum of care by leveraging its well established utility as an aid in the assessment of the risk of adverse events including hospitalizations. ********** MY Main point is the REIMBERSED for a cardiovascular diagnostics to addresses_______ unmet medical needs (world wide) . As leading causes of mortality and morbidity, heart attack and stroke represent significant unmet medical needs in the United States and around the world,"
I like a few here have did very well here. I could take my profits but I never leave a stock that looks so promising with major catalyst coming. Besides my wife wants a new one also. 1) Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have published the final determination of the 2014 Medicare national limitation amount for the Company's galectin-3 blood test at the amount of a crosswalked test whose 2014 national limitation amount is $30.01 (((happy new year )))) starting January 1, 2014 reimbursement-almost doubles 2) Heart problems are not going away 3) BEST OF ALL D_DAY (DECEMBER 31) when they report !!!!!!!
I have that one also.......... Up 14% on that today............ I wish I had CYTR Im still debating if I should chase it?
1) When BGMD learned that they were getting only $17 per Galectin test the stock got hammered. They thought they would get $30 per test. Now they are getting the $30. They are collaborated with Kindstar Diagnostics, which is one of the largest diagnostic companies in China. Besides that huge potential, they are also in collaboration with Abbott labs with the Galectin test in the US and Europe. This stock will have good earnings next report and IMO will run back to its loftier levels. Do the DD. 2) Major Holders:
General Electric Company
Legg Mason Capital Management, Inc.
VSR Financial Services, Inc.
Vanguard Group, Inc. (The)
BlackRock Fund Advisors
Geode Capital Management, LLC
Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.
3) Technical bounce from 9 to .5 and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have published the final determination of the 2014 Medicare national limitation amount for the national limitation amount is $30.01. This national limitation amount will replace the galectin-3 blood test's national limitation amount of $17.80 that was effective in 2013.
"We are very pleased that CMS has finalized the previously announced preliminary determination of the Medicare reimbursement rate for our galectin-3 test," said Dr. Paul R. Sohmer, President and Chief Executive Officer of BG Medicine. DOUBLING ESTIMATES!
4) novel cardiovascular diagnostic tests to address unmet medical needs in the United States. HUGE MARKETS EXIST FOR aid in assessing the prognosis of patients diagnosed with heart failure; and CardioSCORE test, which is designed to identify individuals at risk for cardiovascular events, such as heart attack and stroke. 5) It has license, development, and commercialization agreements with Abbott Laboratories, Alere Inc., bioMérieux SA, and Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc. for the development of galectin-3 test on their automated instruments; and a strategic collaboration with Abbott Laboratories to develop and commercialize galectin-3 assay kits, and related control kits and calibrators. 6) Available in the US and Europe for individuals in the general adult population who are at risk for developing new-onset heart failure. 7) 419 heart failure patients and demonstrated that elevated levels of galectin-3 in blood, as measured using the BGM Galectin-3® Test, were significantly predictive of unplanned hospital readmissions and fatal events during the 12 month follow-up period of the trial. 8) from four hospitals and university clinics across Spain, further reported that heart failure patients with elevated galectin-3 levels had rates of hospital readmission and fatal events that were 84% higher than those of patients with lower galectin-3 levels 9) The BGM Galectin-3® Test is cleared by the U.S. FDA as an aid in assessing the prognosis of patients diagnosed with chronic heart failure when used in conjunction with clinical evaluation. DOWN 90% and safe and reliable. With over 10,000 heart failure patients in dozens of distinct clinical studies varifying results…….. . Earlier in 2013, galectin-3 testing was included for the first time in the 2013 American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Guideline for Management of Heart Failure. "We expect to drive adoption of the BGM Galectin-3 Test and grow our near-term revenues by leveraging: 1) the new CMS payment rate; 2) demand from physicians, health care provider groups, such as accountable care organizations and community health improvement collaboratives, hospitals and regional clinical laboratories; 3) the expanding network of laboratories offering galectin-3 testing; 4) the utility of our current FDA cleared and CE Marked indications for use; and 5) clinical research data that affirm the near-term significance of galectin-3 testing for patients with chronic heart failure," Dr. Sohmer continued. "Longer term, we expect to grow revenues from the future introduction of new patient selection tools that may incorporate new clinical indications for the BGM Galectin-3 Test, as well as, other biomarkers or combinations of biomarkers that we identify from our analyses of appropriate clinical cohorts, including the BG Medicine sponsored BioImage Study."
I expect you to be here when it is a 5 dollar stock saying the same thing Down tomorrow. The sky is falling.................. THE HEART TREATMENT is now reimbursed and could become standard treatment........... How many people around the world-US-CHINA -EUROPE -Japan have heart problems? This could blast off better tomorrow. Its a no brainer opportunity for any body with a brain. This stock could be a new car in my driveway in a couple days.
Singh recently complete a private financing ( TERMS WERE MORE STOCK WITH SUCCESFULL PLACEMENT) that gave the company net proceeds of $21.6 million, Thus giving Lion more than two years worth of operating cash. Quogue Capital LLC was the lead investor, with several additional institutions participating, including Perceptive Advisors LLC, venBio Select Advisor, Three Arch Opportunity Fund, and Broadfin Capital LLC. “The quality of the investors participating in this financing is a strong endorsement of our clinical results to-date and of the potential for tumor-infiltrating lymphocyte technology.” Zelboraf is a highly effective treatment for melanoma patients who have a BRAF mutation, but unfortunately, patients often recur within 9 months of treatment. Thus, by combining two different treatment approaches (TILs and Zelboraf) it is possible to keep those patients in a disease free state for longer periods of time. It is this thought process of using different therapeutic approaches that Bristol-Myers, Merck, AstraZeneca, and even small companies such as Lion are attempting to perfect. BIG PARTNERS in testing Both studies are testing Cōntego conjunction with Roche's metastatic melanoma drug, vemurafenib (Zelboraf). An additional Phase I study is being tested in conjunction with Bristol-Myer Squibb's immunotherapy drug, Yervoy, and a pilot is underway with Bristol's other immunotherapy drug, nivolumab.
don't look at me I have been buying all of this, ECTI and BGMD , CDXC I can................. This is crazy. I have been in stocks that trade double their float, never like this. OPTIONS any body?
The stock will double... It has the science and it works, We have had ongoing discussions regarding potential strategic partnership. Obtaining a partner or partners would allows us to leverage the partner’s exiting sales, marketing, distribution and manufacturing infrastructure while reducing the need to build up our own infrastructure. The stock is primed for news and has huge upside potential here. Today, standard practice by critical care nurses is to measure blood glucose at the patient's bedside periodically. We believe that a CGM system such as Symphony will save valuable nursing time and expense by avoiding the need for frequent blood glucose sampling, in addition to providing more clinically relevant, real-time glucose level and trending information needed to develop better control algorithms for insulin administration.
Diabetes Home Use Market
Diabetes is a chronic and life-threatening disease caused by the body's inability to produce or properly use insulin, a key hormone the body uses to manage glucose, which fuels the cells in the body. Insulin regulates the uptake of sugar from the blood into the cells. When glucose builds up in the blood instead of going into cells, it can cause the cells to become starved for energy and, over time, damage the eyes, kidneys, nerves or heart. Although not all of the causes of diabetes are known, genetics and lifestyle factors such as obesity and lack of exercise appear to play important roles. According to the American Diabetes Association (ADA), about 21 million people in the United States, or approximately seven percent (7%) of the population, have diabetes, including over 6 million people who remain unaware that they have the disease. In addition, before people develop Type 2 diabetes (discussed below), they usually have "pre-diabetes," or blood glucose levels that are higher than normal but not yet high enough to be diagnosed as diabetes. According to the ADA, there are 54 million people in the United States who have pre-diabetes.