a great opportunity to get aboard...prices below $65 look tempting.
Sure wish the anti-trust stuff would get resolved...but there's always some risk in investing...beyond occasional high volatility days like we're seeing today.
Good luck...no matter what you do.
based on 22,012,896 shares outstanding and a market price of $.55. My guess is that the value of the company ought to be between $40-50 million; using the mid-point, that equates to about $2.00/share, making the stock a decent gamble at these levels.
My facts are accurate. Look at a 5, 4, 3 year chart and tell me which stock has been a better investment; yes, HZNP has done well recently....but LCI has a 20+ year record of averaging about 27% gains in revenues and EPS.
I've suggested here before that I'm an investor, not a trader so that may differentiate us further.
I do agree that the tax inversion move was a good one. LCI has said they're looking at it....but until the Feds resolve their issues with the company, I wouldn't expect either a tax inversion or a major acquisition..
Thanks for the observation. Let the traders go elsewhere...the investors will stay here. BTW, if you look at almost any comparative chart for HZNP vs LCI, LCI emerges as having been the better investment....though, in the last few days, not the best trade....but, there I go repeating myself.
I plan to stick with LCI because I foresee more gains ahead.
SGEN is in the "on deck circle." I am only guessing that the BB have now accumulated a sufficiently large enough position to allow things to become a lot more interesting. I would further guess that deals are being discussed at HQ on a fairly regular basis and the company is trying to get the best "deal" possible for everyone involved. We shall see...but we need to stay patient....easy to say, tough to do.
will end with fewer companies operating in all energy-related spaces.
The "sand segment" will likewise see a contraction of players as marginal companies will go out of business. As the smaller and weaker companies cease operations, their salvageable operations will be gobbled up by the financially stronger and larger companies. Instead of several dozen sand suppliers, the industry will shrink to perhaps no more than 10 viable companies, perhaps even fewer to be ultimately determined by the length and depth of the current contraction.
Yes, SLCA has felt the pain...no doubt about it; but, they also have the financial strength (dry powder if you will) to be a survivor and acquirer of certain marginal businesses or pieces of businesses that add to their overall strength going forward.
This period will be looked back upon as a survival of the fittest.
If I have to wait two years with no dividend on SGEN, all it means to me is that the company and BB are busy creating more value for the ultimate sale.
Look at it this way: SGEN is around $35 today and probably could be sold for $45-50/share. If they continue to broaden their drug portfolio and produce clinical trial results in line with what I expect, a year from now, a deal might command $60-70/share. Two years from now, we might see $80-90+.
It will take management execution but I do believe these guys have demonstrated they know very well exactly what they're doing and what the end game will be.
I can wait....
Frankly, I'm not that smart to be trading something like this. When I bought previously, I usually bought on a dip/sell-off to add to my position, figuring I'd ride the coattails of the Baker Brothers. As they seem to like to increase their position, it also appeared smart to do the same.
But, if you can time the trades, I say good for you. In my view, when something happens, it will happen very suddenly....and I do not want to be out of my position.
an excellent entry point...though, after this week's bashing, I suspect we will consolidate around these levels for several weeks...perhaps into next quarter's earnings report.
All good points. I have always liked the restaurant business and, long ago, realized that MIDD was the perfect way to play that industry and avoid specific company risk along the way.
On the most recent CC, Selim mentioned that MIDD would be moving into the hotel industry...through, of course, hotel kitchens. This is another huge market with excellent long-term growth potential and, again, another opportunity to avoid specific company risk as MIDD will now be getting into most/all chains as they seek to speed up and improve their kitchen throughput.
as we are at the very top of a 13 month consolidation with a decided upward bias. Do we break out from here and push well past $70....or do we edge back for some additional consolidation?
Regardless of the very near-term action, my opinion is that we finally resolve this favorable pattern and surprise to the upside. A small bit of good news could be the spur we need.