You are presenting a bull case... So why do you have this rated a strong sell? And 100 sales = gross revs of less than 1.5 million... barely a dent in expenses. Until they are doing 10k+ of these a year, ETRM will continue to bleed money. Don't get me wrong... I am sitting on a few thousand shares with a high basis... but at this point I have to be realistic. And the outlook is not optimistic. Still at this price, it is not worth selling, so I will stick it out in the hope that ETRM's lottery #s come up.
I am holding long for now. But unlike you, I am not inspired by a report of 2 people having the procedure. We need thousands of procedures to move the needle, and there is no indication that this will happen any time soon (if ever). No point in selling at this level and locking in the loss, but with fresh ammo, one might be better off buying lottery tickets than ETRM. Very disappointed in management's inability to execute... or communicate.
GPRO is a hardware manufacturer and very richly valued based on hardware metrics. YELP got slaughtered. FB had great earnings and went down... what are you talking about?
Spoke to the CFO today. No date or price set for secondary (which they filed for in the spring). It does not seem well organized or thought out.
Sometimes this stock perplexes me... makes a strong breakout move (on no visible news)... then gives a lot of it back (on no visible news). Who is manipulating this stock?
I am holding, but still think you are wrong. Management needed to let this build a base for announcing this secondary... suspect we will (unfortunately) dwindle to the 13-15 range... and hopefully find support there. I will be seriously #$%$ off if we go back to single digits. Still I am holding... but question managements judgement to throw out a secondary on a gap/spike up. Should have let more folks buy in at this level and perhaps allow to trend higher on positive sentiment. It's premature and feels a bit desperate. All this move does is tell buyers, "hold off, there's going to be dilution... you can buy in lower." Terrible message. We've already lost almost 15%. Please tell me why I'm wrong... because I want to be.
There is something more than meets the eye with Viacom. Forget analysts targets... this stock just keeps trending lower and it is unclear what the negative perception is. Feeling is they are losing market share and perhaps don't have enough strength in their brands. Nick and MTV have great histories, but programming appears to be an issue. Also a sense that they are not well situated for mobile, and Redstone is not pushing to update their technology and reach. There are a lot of good pieces to Viacom, but I feel like it is an old house that needs renovations before it becomes unfixable... and management is not paying attention. Would like to add to my position... (I've done well with my other media DIS, TWX, AMCX)... but just don't see any support for VIAB.
Why do you rate this a buy/strong buy?... clearly for you it is a trade. And what is the point of gloating while others are getting slaughtered? Personally, I did not own BIIB and got in around $311. But I think it is a good long-term holding and plan to keep it a few years. If you make a good trade, more power to you... but no need to crow about it.
They own Mylan stock because they sold their generic div. to Mylan, and in addition to cash, they got stock. That, however, is why it made no sense for them to oppose the Teva deal... unless they were simply trying to avoid a big short term capital gain. Their opposition may have simply been a book-keeping issue.
Hard to figure out all the comments on this board, but mudslinging and name-calling aside, to me the issue is not that the deal failed, but that Coury acted in bad faith, and not in the interest of shareholders or stakeholders (other than himself and his management team). Had he entered into negotiations, he could have made an effort to secure the best deal possible and then had himself and the board make there recommendations (yea or nay) before putting it up for a shareholder vote. Now he has not only thrown away about 50+% upside value to shareholders, but he has also compromised the companies competitive and strategic standing. Somehow, he thought it was okay to try to force Perrigo into a deal, but that Teva should not attempt to use similar tactics with Mylan. And for the record, Teva has been much more respectful in their business dealings with both Mylan and Allergan than Mylan has been with Teva or Perrigo. I am a long term shareholder and had respected management until now. All the actions of the past year have been against the best interest of shareholders.
1. The tax inversion created a huge tax bill for shareholders... potentially at a value greater than the near term value of the stock. In essense, one may have to pay taxes on monies you can't recoup even by selling the stock.
2. Failing to negotiate in good faith with TEVA
3. Botching the Perrigo deal by overvaluing the fair value price of Mylan shares. To make this deal happen now will create too much dilution. It is now more a marriage of equals. Though would be interesting if Perrigo decided to take over Mylan. I might prefer their management at this point.
4. Failure to have a Plan B. Mylan shares are imploding, and it doesn't seem Coury had any anticipation of this.
Robert Coury clearly let his successes go to his head and he has acted in an arrogant and destructive manner towards his shareholders. It is time for him to go.
All insider selling is pre-scheduled. Insiders hold lots of options and sell when they exercise to diversify their portfolios. I'd be more worried if this was a small cap with no earnings and insiders were selling. With a P/E under 20, this is a real company with real earnings and okay - excellent growth prospects... and the products they sell are not dependent on discretionary spending. Can't help but feel there is excessive pessimism around this stock... and that bolsters a bull case scenario.
What is it with people's math? Guidance was not halved... growth was halved. Revs are not declining 50%... they are growing 7-8% vs 14-16%... so guidance was reduced about 7%... though the company continues to grow... albeit slower. You are correct when you say growth lowered... very misleading when you say guidance halved. Just don't want to panic folks who already seem to be in a frenzy. While this was bad, I personally believe we will look back at this price as a buying opportunity. BIIB still has good products and a good pipeline (if not looking as good as a few days ago). Luck to all.
You are talking about a company with medium to high growth (that potentially could still be explosive, and a forward P/E of 18... and you are saying it is going to go down 25-75%? Biogen is already down over 35%... and maybe that is justified... maybe it got ahead of itself... but this is not the tech crash of 2001. These are real companies, with huge profits, and enormous pipelines of future pharmaceuticals. I am more worried about these smaller (1-10 billion dollar) biotechs that have NO products and are hemorrhaging cash quarter after quarter. Those are the companies that are at risk. BIIB, Celgene, Amgen, Regeneron, etc. are cash cows, with low P/Es relative to their growth. And what they sell is in most cases not discretionary. You can live without an Iphone, but some people can't live without their meds.
This is what a scammer brainless apparently is... on June 12th he posted:
I Just Put My Entire 401k Into Walter Energy
by brainboy262 • Jun 12, 2015 5:36 PM Flag
Walter Energy was a 27 cent stock that was delisted and trading stopped on July 7, 2015
Apparently brainless just likes to post #$%$. Don't let him get to you. Looking through his posts, I suspect he is not an investor at all...
Good luck to all real investers!
Hey, give the guy some props... he might be freakin' brilliant... or a freakin' liar: went through some of his other posts... there was:
"Glad I sold at $68/sh"... couldn't figure out the stock... and my favorite posted yesterday 7/23/15:
"Glad I sold at $62/sh"... this was Avalanche technologies (AAVL), which was at 14+ yesterday when brainboy posted... and only briefly touched 62 back in January. So likely his brainlessboy262 posts are intended to make people feel bad... however, it's unlikely that he actually made these sales. Not sure what the thrill of this is for him... but perhaps it is to cover for inadequacies in his own portfolio performance, or perhaps other personal shortcomings. Good luck to all legitimate investors.
When traders who are short the stock respond to your questions, they are going to bash it. The reality is SNDK had trouble executing for 2 quarters and paid a hefty price. They seem to be addressing the issues they have and had a strong quarter. I would expect the share price to continue recovering from here, provided the overall market cooperates, but don't expect the shorts to agree -- folks like renter1999 and detectfraud007 don't own this stock, and are likely short in some manner. Therefore, it is in their interest to unnerve shareholders in the hope of instigating selling and driving the stock back down. Don't expect them to in any way view SNDK proactively. Good luck to all Sandisk INVESTORS!
Considering this was a 480 stock a few months back, it depends on how low you think it will go. Me... I am taking the plunge and adding to my BIIB at this price. Will it go lower in the short term? Maybe. But think this will look like a bargain long term.