I agree the result according to the news release wasn't that bad. However my comment on selling by investors was based on the type of investors/speculators in small co like IMUC. These are generally the type "sell first and ask questions later", whenever seemingly bad news hit. This is the reason I believe IMUC will go below $1 when the market opens, when more of them are ready to sell their a few hundred shares. This will be a $3 stock next March.
Easy decision based on risk/reward, not fundamentals, shorting at this level, the most you can potentially gain is $1.23, if the share price will go to 0 which I doubt very much. However your loss theoretically can be limitless! Why do you want to take such a warped risk/reward? Based on my reading of the details of the news, the trial actually contains some positives. Just remember, PII trial aims at safety and adverse effects. I believe the co will continue to observe and let the data "mature" for final OS end point.
We haven't seen anything yet in after market trade now. Just wait until tomorrow, people will sell their shares when market open and this is going to under $1 for sure. This is the danger to put money in one pony trick. Once it failed, it is over. Bad situation for small investors.
While I am disappointed with the slow going for product sales in EU, I am hopeful that the paperwork issue will ultimately be resolved and co will show sales in the first quarter of 2014. At the current price, it is a virtual steal. We should be at close to $2 in three months and that's conservative. Where can one find a stock which will double or more in three months? I am in and have been adding.
With the overnight "good" news, the pre-market price is down, so where is the evidence of the positives? Money has been made by pumpers and nothing much left for others. IMO.
I'll stay with domestics like SD or CHK. Both have hedge funds as holders and will do well due to their activist actions. Carl Icahn invests in CHK and Cooperman in SD. For foreign oil co, invest in TLM which Icahn Just increased his stake for the third time. SD and TLM can double next year easily while CHK should go up at least 50%.
I share the same optimism of yours for this co. I believe this stock is one of the very few with substantial high reward for the risk. It just takes some time to realize the gain in this investment.
I agree it may be a rather long wait. However this BBRY investment has a place in my total portfolio. I recalled AAPL was beaten down to $13 when Jobs was asked to come back as the CEO. Chen has a proven record to have turned his previous co tenfold when it was sold, so I don't mind waiting for him to do the job as a relatively long term play.
Only shorts put the new CEO down. I welcome his openness and transparency,a practice stockholders value in their management. I have added a lot more shares nd am willing to wait for a year or more to cash in my multiple fold winning.
I believe the more important information with immediate impact on the stock price will be the sales numbers in EU. If its products are adopted and sales seem to be successful, it will propel the S/P well beyond $1. FDA discussions and trial to begin will still a long way from approval. given the unpredictability of the FDA, particularly on small cos, I'd rather bank on its success in EU.
I added a few thousand shares to my already quite large holding in CRMD. This one has the product approved in EU and is being marketed already. I believe the reason it has continued under pressure is that it is under researched, so is an unknown stock for WS. Also those come across this co may be concerned for its finance, thus worry about dilution. The crux of the matter is for the co to show it indeed is selling the product and is successful in finding sales partners. Once that's done with finance no longer the concern, the share price should go easily above $1. This is potentially a multi-baggers for us believers. Patience required.
jorda, great pick for PTIX. It has run away from my intended buy order. I may come down. Stocks like these always come down after a hard run. I was able to pick up OTIV under $3 after its run to 3.5.
Really. You judge a stock by hours? Let's see the share price in six months. For guys like you that will be eternity, I know.
Really? Look at the record earnings and revenue just reported. Future price has already gone over $7. This one will go over$7.5 today.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
If the co is well run, it wouldn't provided an opportunity for Icahn to buy in big time. He is a very smart investor and can see value where it exists. I am pretty certain TLM won't stay at this level for long. When Icahn invests, he expects good return. He just sold half of his investment in NFLX about two weeks ago and realized a gain of 800 millions! He started buying his shares in the $40's.
Using your logic, it can always go up or down as nothing is priced in. So I believe it is quite likely to move 50 cents up or down in the next 30 days. People seem to forget AMRN has an approved drug and is make progress in sales.
Both points have been built into the current price already. Nobody expects approval or NCE, so there is little FDA can do to push down the price further to help GSK their eventual take-over of the co at the lowest price. Just too bad we have such corrupted practices.
I agree with you that Kirk's intention is not to take out the co, but to use it as many he controls to implement techniques and state of the art process for these cos to carry out the drug development. It may take a bit of time for all these ideas to be implemented, but shareholders in these cos and/or XON will be richly rewarded in time. These cos are not for short-term momentum players, but for real investors with a time frame of at least a year or two.
FDA was craving for nothing. The highly negative BD said it all. FDA had no intention for approval due to the influence and deep pocket of GSK that can buy any outcome they want of their rivals.
I think the big pharmas, if interested in buying AMRN, will wait until after FDA decision, not at this time. AMRN management won't want to make any commitment at this either. While FDA is inclined to probably give the co the CRL based on the negative tone in the FD, it is still not a done deal. There must be communications between the AMRN management and the FDA at this point.