DigiTimes report- China market: Veeco, Aixtron cut MOCVD prices by 30-40% due to competition from local makers
Pssssh, I'll let you in on a little secret-VECO down 30% since late May.
R U Stupid or Just being paid to pump this POS?
Judging by the reappearance of the SFB pumpers, looks like you hit a nerve about a trading cartel manipulating Veeco's share price.
1. They will lose money in every quarter this year and lose money again in 2014, so they figure Veeco''s luck is going to eventually change.
2. Hopefully by dumping prices and margins it will force AIXG out of the MOCVD too business.
3. Synos might sell a couple tools in 2015
4. Top shareholder sold over 1.5 million shares in the June quarter so there are plenty of cheap shares available
5. Maybe Canaccord will do another flip and flop and put a buy on the stock?
6. Veeco's IR did a great job of coning investors into buying in 1H11 while the Veeco exces were dumping 24/7.
7. If losses continue, maybe Veeco can think of another scam to postpone reporting results again?
8. I need some losses to offset my gains this year for tax purposes
9. Maybe Veeco was off by a year when they forecast 450 MOCVD tool ships this year?
10. With sales down 67% and margins down 50% since 2011, Veeco is a great growth story.
"When Canaccord lifted it to buy last spring it ran up $6 that day, Canaccord downgrades to sell along with another firm and the stock drops $2. IMHO far greater basis for the sell rating than the buy rating last spring."
The Canaccord upgrade was a complete fudge job.
Canaccord jacked up margins and other things in their model and used 2015 numbers along with a P/E of over 20 to justify the buy rating and $48 target price, Canaccord also completely ignored Veeco's & Aixtron's warnings about pricing pressures. It did accomplish two things: generating trading commissions for Canaccord and the scam let some of the major shareholders cash out in the high $30s. Their largest shareholder dumped over 1.5 million shares during the June quarter.
Canaccord fudge shoppe which went to buy on Veeco in April with a hyped up earnings model, has started Veeco at Sell?
What happened to the Analyst who said buy in April???
First, their was their largest shareholders selling off millions of shares during the June quarter....
----then the chief cook#$%$ at the Canaccord fudge shoppe telling his clients a few weeks ago that the ramp of MOCVD tool orders next year may be less than he first thought
-----today Oppenheimer downgrades Veeco to market perform
Wake up and smell the coffee about this turkey!
To all the teabaggers, republicans, health care hos, cake eaters, etc:
Hopefully none of you will contract a serious illness causing your provider to triple your rates or just drop your insurance.
If you don't like that then you can ESAD!