GILD is cutting them off at the knees, they worked a deal with the largest user of Express Scripts (anthem) and did an end play so it means very little on the ES announcement. At this rate they will have trouble getting 10% of the market overall. why would you expect them to balloon up to 15% from 6% when using weekly data? they would increase numbers not percent, if they were going to get 15% they should have done so first week. ABBV has been beating the bushes and advertising for over a month before approval. This is turning into a flop for them and I am glad I sold my shares shortly after the announcement
Phil, thank you for the link but I do not pull up links from unknown sources due to viruses and safety issues. There are only two scenarios, either you didnt place order or your broker didnt place order during the timeframe you specified as the options traded during that timeframe above your stated asking price. If you placed the order your broker owes you a fill and I would make him fill it rather than complain to the message board as it would be his error because it traded as high as 2.53 so you are owed a $2.40 fill if the order was placed. So what you are really complaining about is the ineptitude of your broker or an error on your part and not the market not filling your order because I can tell you from experience that the MMs would #$%$ for 2 cents a share much less than 20 cents and that is why all my orders are limit
If any president other than Obama where in office I would say there would be a chance of what you say but I do not see this president doing anything to help oil interests as he is in favor of wind and solar. The only chance this has of happening is if they include it with a raise in gasoline taxes on fuel as the politicians are hungry for additional funds and have already talked about this since gasoline has dropped in price so much.
it traded above your supposed limit price from 12:45 to 2:15 and during the time frame that it hit $14.60 so you didnt have an order in, it is that plain and simple.
The only BS here is You
why someone would lie is beyond my comprehension but they do regularly, for instance there were sales today at 2.40, 2.53 and 2.50 so I would complain to my broker and require him to fill if you had it in all day as you suggest. I would even file a SEC report if they didnt fill it for me. They owe you a fill if you are telling the truth but I really doubt that you are truthful or you didnt enter the order. So why dont you tell us
1) why you lied
2) require your broker to fill your order and if they dont switch brokers
phil we have had at least 6 posters the last several months claim they couldnt sell calls below value and the orders dont show up on level 2. If indeed you had an order as stated I would be looking at level 2 trading and talking seriously to my broker. You could always sell them by calling the stock and selling it simultaneously.
the fat finger was due IMO to the IR announcement that there would be a 20 million share offering from QRE owners, and the run up afterwards most likely to strengthening slightly in oil prices.
I sure wish you were right as I have a boat of this stock but several things argue your point, 1) Saudis 2) 20 m shares being sold by previous QRE owners or insiders 3) low oil prices that will take some time to stabilize and start backup (like 12 months) personally I have decided to trade 10% of my holding in an effort to reduce my cost basis
it is called delayed reaction, first no one is shutting down existing wells or those that are already drilled that will come on line they already have the expense. They are only shutting down drilling for new oil so what you have is a 12 month delay before production drops and before new drilling can bring on new production. So they will break a few companies that wont be around to drill for the next round in 18 months. This is not a short war and too many dont understand that. They simple think people are just not producing or selling with low prices which isnt so. They continue to produce drilled oil and will continue to do so but the drilling stops and depletions sit in and demand goes up. They are smarter at this than you or I. Then when things start up again you have the risk this is repeated so less will be willing to go full bore out. They will make thier money back
please explain to me why the IReland tax benefits are not available now. ARent they domiciled in Ireland now Is there a delay on their taxes and are they still paying them in the US even though they have moved headquarters as of 2014.
i am very long but not delusional
this is not rock solid the distribution could still be suspended by april and during emotional markets as there is in Oil right now you can never be sure where it will go. The Saudis are on a mission that will last for at least 9 to 18 months with emphasis on the 18 months before production drops significantly so the best hope is for increased demand because even with cuts of 50% in capex production on wells not online will raise production for the next 12 months. This is a long war the Saudis will win They do have the funds, the power and the will and they dont want to lose face.
I dont doubt that it could happen depending on what happens during the next 6 months, some believe this will be short lived but the Saudis cant accomplish what they want in a short period of time. They need to keep pressure on prices for at least a year to accomplish that. I feel prices are low enough now but they may not. emotions can do strange things. I am still accumulating, I bought another 10k shares this morning at 6.70 and have some more orders in below that level. I am in for 2 to 3 yr time frame and not trading so I am just positioning but I agree with you Karen it could go lower and I have no doubt they will end up suspending the distribuition before midyear and most likely April
I have sold feb $15 calls and plan on keeping the premium or a large part of it. just 5 weeks and 3 days away
you need to look up what record date means in Wikipedia, you bought yesterday means you own it as of record date jan 8th 3 business days after purchase it is on the record as that is how long it takes to get possession on the record.