but one is getting close to personal attacks and that is totally out of character for this person, I was wondering if it was a false poster but nOt unfortunately, they need to chill a little and take a zanax
to blindly believe that TW can not make a mistake is irrational with blinders on, everyone makes mistakes but he has more to gain like 4X bonus so I dont believe he is acting rational on this deal. Lets say the deal gets done and HZNP goes up in price would it have gone up anyway or even more without the deal I dont know but I am tired of this deal and the way it is being done. If i was the BOD of DEPO I would be digging my heels in deeper with every word out of his mouth. acting like a bull in a china closet, no kibitzing from you blind pumpers and I have a million on the line here so dont give me any bs about july or aug options Geri you posts are also getting a little out of line you need to calm down
I think the second and third offer were insulting to the depo stockholders and behind the curve. Going public was a serious mistake on TW part IMO If he couldnt work it out with the BOD he should have walked because every effort now makes the stock go up more and doesnt get the deal done. A $34 offer when the stock is 20
looks a lot better than a 33 when it is 33.25.
geringerart, dont collapse into a nasty poster riae above it, no use to attack people DISCUSS, personally I thint the raised offer will be turned down by the BOD again as in reality it is less stock than the previous offer at current prices. it would take a $34 offer to be the same amount of stock at todays price so I see a NO coming to their letter. TW is shrewd and maybe he pulls it off but my feeling is that it doesnt happen with a reticent BOD of DEPO
now we know why DEPO hss ralled they made a #32.26 offer and it was leaked to certain people and now they raise it to 33 I wonder how many of the large stock holders knew of the 32.25 offer and added
sure has been a rough summer We need an improved earnings and better guidance to help us out here. this has me down a major amount.also.. Still have great hopes but we need to get the opiod drug resistant unit out.
i hope they are deep in the money or at least getting deep in the money
I had 99 $15 jan 2017 calls and sold 36 this am to cover the cost of converting the other ones but that wont be til expiration I sold a lot of options, bull call spreads and merger arbs today to get off the margin and have margin availability today. I just about sold enough to cover all margin. Ready for the next 500 dow sell off. lol also looking for another merger deal got out of the HUM?AeT MERGER BECAUSE of all the risk and problems and delays, if you hear of any mergers let me know. the opk/brli merger made me 42k in 6 weeks with little invested 3k but lots of margin availabitly use. but no cost.
and why would HUM want to do that??? when they can wait and collect one billion dollars.??
actually closed 1.41% the market is saying the deal is done, i closed all my arb posiitons today and just hold 28 BRLI nov $35 calls that i will exercise so i will own 7700 shares of OPK with a very low cost basis thanks tothe arbs.
so it was not an overnite,good, that would have been bad, I did misread thanks for clarification and good trade,
after market opened I closed a bunch of bull call spreads and sold 1/3 of my jan 2017 $15 calls to cover the cost of exercising the rest in 2017
thanks cd looking for more merger deals if you hear of any please notify me on HZNP as OT or here or both. If I do them I will explain what and how and why. I just got out of my AET/HUM because it will take too long and too many antitrust and state issues but I am looking for more.
i have to agree that the depo deal is not what would prefer for the same reasons you state, but it is also out of line with what they have done in the past so you cant rely on what he has done before as this is not one of those. This could hurt us dramatically and I still hope they walk away and look for something else.
no I am concentrating on bull call spreads and merger arb.. I closed all my AET?HUM positions today at profits and decided to stay on sidelines as this has too long to go , i closed all my arb positons on
BRLI?opk today also and did quite well made 42k and still have 28 BRLI NOv $35 calls that I will turn into opk stock and hold LOOKING for another arb deal so if you hear of any mergers let me know you can find me on the HZNP board as that is my current largerst position and I will be there for at least a year or more yet. peso nice meeting you AND HAVING A VERY GOOD DISCUSSION on an academic level.
thanks for that update I closed all my arbs this morning and have 28 BRLI biv $35 calls left that i will exercise into 7700 shares of OPK at 12.73. made a decent retrun on arb to help pay for most of the exercise price. thanks fro all the comments and rebut=tals to help me learn more on opk I will now be a long term holder.
made 42k and I will end up buying 7700 shares of OPK at 12.73 in addition when the 28 $35 calls i have on BRLI are exercised into opk stock. This was an excelllent trade and a very good learning experience due to a number of posters on this board thank you miamiann, drmiami, dtanger, k9, etc.
thank you for that comment, i do believe it is a way for both sides to save face and put a deal together if they both wnat ot do it. I do believe todays pop in price would make that very reasonable.and had they done the deal and locked price at original time frameto stock they would be here now. so I see it as you say a win/win.for both sides.
at the time of their offer of $29.25 it was approximately .86 shres of HZNP, I could see them change their offer and be able to keep face by offering now instead of $29.25 offering .86 shares of HZNP which would be close to $34 currently.that would save face for TW and the DEPO board as both could say they got what they wanted at the price they offered and more than original offer depending on how you want to interpret it.