that is not my only disaster, I have home runs and stirke outs current holdings hove two disasdters as big as cldn thank goodness for GILD and HZNP my two largest holdings.
there is no doubt in my mind that alot goes on behind closed doors. I would prefer a stock offer rather than a cash in stock deal. easier to do arb on that.
i read that also and it is confusing, I do not bleieve it means that they will apporve raylldee for sale but they have that long to decide to accept the application as delivered. the FDA will take up to 6 months or longer to make the decision we are all waiting for. THE fda just doesnt work that fast because that would be 3 weeks and they cant open an envelope that fast. lol
we are talking apples and oragnes, They offered $33 in stock but the offer is variable on how much stock they get if they get a deal at all. The price action today has little to do with DEPO BOD IMO. Thier board doesnt want a deal period. It will only happen if HZNP can force a shareholder vote. that wil take a long time even under CA law
if memory serves me correctly i think the company estimated US sales at 500 million so the price would be closer to $325 to $350
first off the curretn offer is not a stock deal so the assumption they want the stock to go down is of no value. Second the shareholders have little to say on these deals as has been seen in this hostile takeover, heck the stockholders cant even elect a director to fire management. or keep him from getting a huge golden parachute.or a high salary. the l Yawsuits come because you have ambulance chasers and you can never stop them. the quiet period is in reference to insiders buyng and selling stock not to them accepting or turning down an offer. Your comments show you know little about stocks even their CC which is easily looked up. YOu need to get educated.
they are going to use them to pay down their huge debt load which is higher than their value this is going to go to 3 and I own 50k plus shares. I am voting against management and firing all board if they dont get this turned around quickly. They have destroyed this company
when I bought this stock at 10.5 I thought it had a bright future but then management bought zohydro and a lot of salesmen that evidently from last quarters report cant sell. They have made a number of errors and now will compound it by selling 50million shares to pay for the huge debt they took on I will be voting to fire management at every opportunity if they dont show me that they have turned things around but the filing tells me that isnt so. They owe more money than the stock is worth in market cap.with that purchase.
since acqusition this hax cost ne 300k and if they dont turn it quickly i will vote my shares against management on all issues abd directors
this stock has tanked because market has decided it was a very bad purchase, management needs to turn this around quickly as stokc value is less than half at time of acquitions.
i would consider selling all depo and buying which is what you end up with if the deal goes through and then if it doesnt go througy selling 1/2 hznp and buying back the depo consideralbly lower when it drops back into low 20s but then I am a HZNP holder who doesnt want this deal to happen as I dont like opiod producing pharma
the question is not whether it will be higher in 12 months alone the question is will .85 shares of HZNP be worth more tham a share of depo in 12 months. AS of today depo has not had a positive earnings and is currently overpirced. If the deal is dropped then the stock will drop ocnsiderably and that is a bad investment strategy. If I thought the deal was going to fold I would sell DEPO and wait to buy back rather than ride it down and then back up
my thought is along the line that they are releasing early to bolster their case not to sell at this price. They are not going to accept 33 IMO and todays action is an indication of that feeling being accepted on the street. DEPO holders have been screwed by management on this deal, time will tell whether it was a good decision on boards part. I hope HZNP doesnt improve their offer but goes elsewhere. BUT most of all I hope this ends soon either positively or negatively and quits hanging over the stock of HZNP but if it ends with a no then depo will drop precipitously. the way to arb this is buy hznp and sell depo