when i have seen this on other stocks esp thinly traded stocks it means the MMs know of good news pending andare trying to accumulate a position
I would not count Hznp out yet, they will more than likely push for a vote under CA law especially as this drops into the 20s today and boes back to mid w0s over the next month, the only thing that will hold up the price on this stock is that possibility, once it is gone this stock trades significantly lower. no stockholder in his right mind wants to see this lose 20% in value and ride it down. It is a quandry sell to buy back lower or hope the deal goes through.
8/6 here is what I expect a slight miss due to merger costs, a discussion of 4k sales, a note on rayaldee acceptance by FDA good guidance but nothing other than guidance that is exciting.
what most people dont understand is that the $33 offer is no longer on the table it had stipulations in it that were not met we are back to no offer or 31.25 at best the #22 $33 offer was a non binding possiblitlty if the board worked towards that and it did not. I am not saying that it is gone but it is no longer there as the depo bod did not enter good faith negotiations.
i knew u were jerking me before the disclaimer lol but i fear u r correct the market dislikes unknowns just like they didnt give us a proper rally on revenue announcement because earnings were unknown so we will rally on earnings. imo but it is starting to affect my nov spread and your feb calls
if it happens it will have to go to a vote of stockholders and that will take months after it is commenced in court it all depends on the mutual funds that own the majority of DEPO. but currently it doesnt look like the price is going up.which to me means the MFs are on board to the merger at 33, a drop to mid 20s would put retail on board but their votes are insignificant on this deal.
personally I hope they spend most of thier cahs buying back stock it is the best they can buy for the money, low PE great earnings growth, good pipeline, where else can they get such a deal.
what other biopharma can you buy with a 11 PR and such a pipeline it is a bargain and they should buy it hands over fists rather than look at more expensive companies with higher PEs
gild is very smart on how they spend their and our money. when they buy it will be at a decent price and very accretive near term.
lets start talking about something positive like earnings in the next week, the analysts have already moved estimates up 3 cents in lat week and I feel they are still low. With revs given we should be in neighborhood of 40 cents. This will get us down an an annual basis to a 21 PE with a phenomenal growth rate. This should rally this to new highs. I sent my suggestion of looking at a private biopharma to IR hopefully they look at it and can do something with it. no porblem if it doenst pan out as I am sure they look at a lot of firms.I hope they have a back up to depo. If not actimume should do us well in coming years. There are lots of biopharma who would be willing to sell rights to thier drugs for cash when approved and we have a very clean balance sheet..gltal
my average cost is about $7 and I am down nearly 300k but I will not add anymore as I am fully loaded now. Wish i had waited longer but I am here until this hits 20s i hope they discontinue the distribution by yr end to make finances in better shape for the long term
good earnings decent guidance but a flat turn down of merger so how do you buy this knowing that it could go back to low 20s because the report wasnt good enough to take it from 20 to 33
again I dont think he called you ridiculous but your conclusion, there is a difference and I did not agree with his conclusion