you keep giving him attention and you and others will join him on ignore.
both sides seem to be twisting the facts, the $33 offer is still there on the table although with the current market it should be pulled, depo holders complained about it because they wanted more % of the stock well you have it now. When markets crash so should offers. You cant have it both ways. yes the price is held up by the offer but not very well at this point because the market feels this deal wont happen in this environment. As far as your individual thoughts or mine they really dont matter. there are 8 Mutual funds that could make the decision for you and it was my opinion that they already had. You said in earlier posts this wouldnt go to 26 but it has with the offer still on the table, if the offer wasnt on table it would be nearer 20 right now. AS far as management you can look at any metrics and HZNP out does DEPO except wishful thinking. look at debt, pe, taxes, growth rates over last 3 yrs, income, expenses, cash on hand, leverage cash flow, true cash flow, PEG, pipeline, ability to buy other companies or drugs. depo's board is only interested in their jobs as I would be and those of its management.
jh is happy to see it drop as am i because the lower it is the more likely when the vote comes by court order the more likely they merge.
that is not quite true, the offer still stands at $32.50 stock and cash, $33 stock, the current offer adds option of .95 shares of stock so you have 3 choices up to closing or acceptance to vote on. this gives you a lot of lattitude in agreeing to the merger for the best deal at closing.
no i am like you wishing that hznp would drop its offer and go somewhere else it is the unknown that is killing hznp
I think that is basically what their poison pill is and hznp should file to stop that but yes it is an unfair defense imo that they will probably use. This will get very nasty.
should really be excited about the price going down and they might as well get used to it if they dont want to sell, delusional to say the least to feel this is going anywhere but down if they dont accept the merger. I know it doesnt matter that you lose 30% of your current equity it will be higher in 2050. dont figure time value.
you are probably correct, the price action with every offer has continued downwards. court or walk maybe both.
i think it would weaken thier court case to do so as it would be difficult to prove that the 10% rule as they passed it has been reached. hznp only owns about 1% and they would #$%$ off another holder that owns the other 9% big time. It wouldnt punish hznp that much. If hznp wins in court they could overthrow most of the things the BOD does I have always thought this would be going on for 6 months and havent changed my opinion yet even though TW keeps changing the deal even if it is not for more money currently.
who are WE that arent excited? if it is depo holders then I think you are letting a few retail mb posters influence your opinion too much, if you are the depo management or Bod then you are losing your job but the institutions are excited. If you are referring to hznp holders then some dont like the opiod business, unknowns such as end price, will it work, uncertainty is a killer along with fact of hostile takeover and more debt due to assumption of depo debt are factors that upset some.
ed I think cheaps statement is more accurate as you sold all and you wont know until you get your K-1 even the brokers dont keep those records. And when you sell partial the shares you allocate are not reflected on the K-1 necessarily the way you allocate on the broker. It is a lot more complicated and hard to figure. Only guesses can be made as each k-1 changes each year.
what is the purpose in calling someone a fraud unless you can prove it The facts are she made several calls and stuck by them and told you ahead of time not after the fact what she did. Being truthful is not fraud. The fact of whether she made the trades is insignificant, she made the calls and said she maid the trades and is stuck with that call and up to todays call has been accurate, I wish I had done what she claims or stated. I would be 400k better off
I can tell you why HZNP wants it and here are the reasons
1) tax savings will increase earnings each year by 20% plus
2) Interest savings due to HZNP better credit profile will decrease interest expense on depo debt by 20 million per year
3) hznp salesforce can increase sales
these are the same reasons DEPO holders should be excited by their offer as it will exponentially increase your returns
fda, I highly doubt that this is settled before end of year, depo management and BOD has not negotiated in good faith according to TW last letter specifying what he had offered what they said then they retracted several times. This will go to court, the court will order a vote, the vote will be taken, we buy depo if approved or walk away if not. The price is not going up and if it does it will be right before they announce the vote but my guess is that the vote is already figured out by the action of stock price
I agree but it is part of the equation, the thing that has impressed me so far and I am a relative newbie (only been in Hznp for 1.5 yrs) is that he hasnt budged much on his offers and is sticking where he is even with all the pressure from everyone. It is easy to let ego overrun reason but so far that doesnt seem to be happening. Of course I dont know all the cards he holds and neither does depo except the law is on his side for getting a vote. My bet is that if he doesnt get the vote he wants that he walks away.
personally I think you are wrong, this will drag out like deflategate in the courts for the rest of the year, TW is not walking away and he is not raising his offer until the shareholders get to vote. If he doesnt win the vote then it will be a good short, but I think he wins the court case, then he wins the vote and he buys depo for $33 in stock or $32.50 in cash and stock. He has a plan and he will stick with it.