mistype my cost basis on core is$ 2.22 have given thought to selling half and other half would be free all my money would be out. but i have greater hopes.as in 4X
sold all my trading position today and down to my core holdings which I have gotten down to a cost basis of $3.22 now. will see if we can get a real rally here as it has broken some strong resistance at this level.
looks like it made it above $4 wait til the news comes it will get better. three thumbs down wow.looks like some voters dont know much
and some brokers although the market closes at 1 will want you to have the cash to cover the calls or will begin liquidating at 12 as my broker has sent me notice of that and I dont even have any options that expire tomorrow
EVERY system has fallacies and is not PERFECT. It only took 3 seconds to find yours. ON april 30th the rsi closed above 70 and the price closed at 78.49 and it never saw a close below that level again to date. I use RSI on a daily basis and a 5 min bas or is and it is quite helpful but never infallable. YOU never know how long it will stay above 70 or below 30 but I like to use 80 and 20 watching the daily for longer trends and 5minute for day trading and placing orders if the daily trend is starting up or going up and not peaked. The only part I am disputing is the perfect part. I wish something was that easy.
and the volume is real good also, I would take some profit here if I wasnt expecting earnings and rexista news this month, BUT i agree maybe a leak and earnings come out after close.
he did say he would if it got above 4 but not how much above 4. My guess is this board is stuck with him and when it hits the teens he will be complaining how much he has made and cant sell because of the taxes. and how he had recommended this to everyone too bad they didnt listen lol
there are a lot of key words or double speak in that statement:
1) estimated from history 2) once the company announces the date (because to date they have never announced it they just posted it) Zacks is not a respectable reporting entity in my opinion and can not be relied upon even as much as Yahoo.
I am comfortable with holding this for the inevitable whether it be one week or two years. I will just keep trading 10 to 15 % of my core and wittleing the price down. Looks like I may get my trading position back, I would tell you at what price but after I get it Plan on adding 20k shares. Contrary to some posters I have no trouble buying or selling those quantities you just have to do it in smaller increments and be patient but we are getting close then if I can make 10 to 15 cents or more I will sell it and add to my profit and reduce my net cost basis a little more which is where I started this post and got so many red thumbs. I dont move price when I buy or sell, judiciously is the modus operandi which is easier when you dont care if you have to hold.
I have seen it a lot in the 2008 time frame when I did a lot of M&A investing doing arbitrage it is because they think there is a high probability it wont close. The clue to successful investing then was to figure out which ones had a lot of questions that would close and return large percentage gains in short periods. I would do 8 or 9 trades a year then with a 50% or better yield on money invested but would usually cash out after I got most of it. had only one that didnt close for me and I got out early enough to still make a little. most of those were a lot smaller companies that we have here with some fianancial financing problems again not here. This is the best deal of the year imo for the following reasons:
1) this will close unless some fraud comes up but DD has been done and that chance imo is less than 1/2 percent
2) corporate egos are involved (this is not meant negatively) but they have made committments and done DD so to back out hurts a lot of fheeelings and very hard to do and save face.
3) this is a good deal for both companies, MNK is very accretive and Qcor gets tax shelter
4) being larger means larger salaries for the executives at some point
5) larger company has more power to wield and can get more deals.
I put this closing at almost 100%. The only question in my mind is what will be MNK price at closing. A year after that I have no doubt it will be 25% higher barring a market meltdown. YOY comparisons will be huge. MNK will make another deal before a year passes on this finalizing because of cash flow Stockholders will be well rewarded. Shorts in MNK will decrease 50% or more on the first report after merger due to arbitrage delivery. shorts in Q will be sacrificed to the pits of despair. Hallelujah
once they announce the final merger date it is most likely they will explain that scenario but if I were you I would cover the call and sell MNK calls to compensate that way you wont have to worry about it you need to sell just less MNK calls than you did Qcor calls approximately 9 for ever 10. It is a difficult calculation to figure out what they will do so I would not risk it besides you will make money doing so as Q will go up more than MNK so you will gain.
I have no problem getting it done here it just costs extra, but I did get it for no extra in CHina just time. and it only cost $1 in china
this has shown a lot of styrength the last couple of weeks and this will hit new highs before earnings easily and then pop some more at earnings. for all of those that have waited for a period of time, payday is just around the corner. Be strong and long
four thumbs down, when I am probably the largest stock holder on this board and most bullish, ALL i really said is that if it goes down I will support the price at a certain level and buy more. My core position is long for at least several more years. I do trading to make money and get my cost basis down. If it headed up like a rocket I would never be sad that I didnt get that trading position of 20k shares as I am long 120k shares not counting what I have in my sons' and father:s accounts. I am here til the teens at least.
Sentiment: Strong Buy