i hope they are deep in the money or at least getting deep in the money
I had 99 $15 jan 2017 calls and sold 36 this am to cover the cost of converting the other ones but that wont be til expiration I sold a lot of options, bull call spreads and merger arbs today to get off the margin and have margin availability today. I just about sold enough to cover all margin. Ready for the next 500 dow sell off. lol also looking for another merger deal got out of the HUM?AeT MERGER BECAUSE of all the risk and problems and delays, if you hear of any mergers let me know. the opk/brli merger made me 42k in 6 weeks with little invested 3k but lots of margin availabitly use. but no cost.
and why would HUM want to do that??? when they can wait and collect one billion dollars.??
actually closed 1.41% the market is saying the deal is done, i closed all my arb posiitons today and just hold 28 BRLI nov $35 calls that i will exercise so i will own 7700 shares of OPK with a very low cost basis thanks tothe arbs.
so it was not an overnite,good, that would have been bad, I did misread thanks for clarification and good trade,
after market opened I closed a bunch of bull call spreads and sold 1/3 of my jan 2017 $15 calls to cover the cost of exercising the rest in 2017
thanks cd looking for more merger deals if you hear of any please notify me on HZNP as OT or here or both. If I do them I will explain what and how and why. I just got out of my AET/HUM because it will take too long and too many antitrust and state issues but I am looking for more.
i have to agree that the depo deal is not what would prefer for the same reasons you state, but it is also out of line with what they have done in the past so you cant rely on what he has done before as this is not one of those. This could hurt us dramatically and I still hope they walk away and look for something else.
no I am concentrating on bull call spreads and merger arb.. I closed all my AET?HUM positions today at profits and decided to stay on sidelines as this has too long to go , i closed all my arb positons on
BRLI?opk today also and did quite well made 42k and still have 28 BRLI NOv $35 calls that I will turn into opk stock and hold LOOKING for another arb deal so if you hear of any mergers let me know you can find me on the HZNP board as that is my current largerst position and I will be there for at least a year or more yet. peso nice meeting you AND HAVING A VERY GOOD DISCUSSION on an academic level.
thanks for that update I closed all my arbs this morning and have 28 BRLI biv $35 calls left that i will exercise into 7700 shares of OPK at 12.73. made a decent retrun on arb to help pay for most of the exercise price. thanks fro all the comments and rebut=tals to help me learn more on opk I will now be a long term holder.
made 42k and I will end up buying 7700 shares of OPK at 12.73 in addition when the 28 $35 calls i have on BRLI are exercised into opk stock. This was an excelllent trade and a very good learning experience due to a number of posters on this board thank you miamiann, drmiami, dtanger, k9, etc.
thank you for that comment, i do believe it is a way for both sides to save face and put a deal together if they both wnat ot do it. I do believe todays pop in price would make that very reasonable.and had they done the deal and locked price at original time frameto stock they would be here now. so I see it as you say a win/win.for both sides.
at the time of their offer of $29.25 it was approximately .86 shres of HZNP, I could see them change their offer and be able to keep face by offering now instead of $29.25 offering .86 shares of HZNP which would be close to $34 currently.that would save face for TW and the DEPO board as both could say they got what they wanted at the price they offered and more than original offer depending on how you want to interpret it.
I would agree with those comments, it sure would make me wish if I owned DEPO that they had taken the offer as I would be a lot better off had they locked up $29.25 in HZNP stock 2 weeks ago. What a nice surprise for us longs in HZNP this morning.
you could do bull call spreads currently you can buy the nov $25and sell the nov $30 for $3.80 and make a 30% return on your capital as long as hznp doesnt go below 30 in 4 months
alienvapor, before Obamacare came in and before i retired I was paying $2800 per month for my wife and I for a $500 ded and I switched to a $5000 deduticle and actually better coverage after the ded and my premium went to $800 so in 2.5 months my deductible was made for in premium savings. and the other 9.5 months I pocketed the difference. The actual nice thing about large ded is that it makes people not go to the doctor for a minor inconvience. but their premiums go down dramatically.
the only thing I would add is by buying the 100 calls you dont have to pay an additional 150k for stock until jan 2017 the interest on that 150k may be more than the premium on the call as there is very little premium on the calls that is also one of the reasons I sold 5000 shares and bought 100 calls back when it was 30
not nice geringerart, I have no aug options all I have are jan 2017 $15 calls, 24k shares of stock and 500 contracts of ditm bull call spreads for jan 2016. You know this as I have told you before so either discuss the comments or stand back from throwing inuendos. besides the stock is up the last few weeks and I do not believe this deal is worth pursuing, i think it will dramactically hurt HZNP and me as a large holder perhaps even larger than you as far as I know all you own are jan 2017 $15 calls. I love this stock but not this attempt at this acquistion. This is not in the format of any other deal they have done and I feel it iwll end badly for them. You know what has happened with PTX entering the opiod market. I give TW a lot of credit but this is not what has ever been done in any previous purchase and I feel he is trying to hard and needs to back off this one. Time will tell but I am not the only one here that doesnt approve of this deal, how it was handled and how it is out of context with previous operandi.