The way I see it. If Sbux does go thru with this it opens the gate for other partnership such as dps or pep. This could happen quickly .
Can't get any short stock. Sold out. So looks like both sides are playing this rumor. Hope this one works out for all.
The market is punishing high flyers of the year unless they crush the numbers. Tech in general is being taken to the woodshed this morning. ONce they stop the punishment realty will set in and VMW should start a comeback.
Teaming up with this powder alcohol for either single or pitcher serving drinks seems like potential.
I have to disagree with your reasoning. I do agree with some of your points. THe point i'm trying to make is people are not taking sides on this issue but a company looking at soda has to take a due diligence approach to protect their existing sales. No one wants to bring a potential problem into ones company without weighing thecost benefit . Wear the shoes of the acquistion team and your job was on the line for this decision.
The delay of investing in Soda by PEP is because of the negative PR with the occupied territory that might impact their current pep sales. They would need to go all out and buy out sodastream and have a longterm plan to get out of occupied territory
I agree what you are saying. But even with that infusion of 3.5 isn't enough if they want to get back to their previous growth plan. With their plans of expanding into other countries and the need for a more agressive market campaign in the US will take more dollars. Just my opinion and I do understand where you are coming. I know mgt. said they would sacrifice growth for gross margin but with some potential competition coming? the sooner they grow the better. Have a good day.
Yes I did. But I believe they need to spend more on advertising and other infrastructure. Timing is everything in this business. They have the potential to resume their agressive growth but just need add't dollars. Why do you think it is taking so long to get their new factory up. They are managing their cash wisely and don't want to overextend.
I know the majority of the board are anticipating closure to this rumor fairly soon. However what if it doesn't materilize short term . I'm concern that Soda's WW base has grown where they need to take the next step in infrastructure to manage this larger base. They also need to turn the corner this late spring early summer in the US. I'm afraid in light of this their qtr. reporting will show some shortcomings in their finances. You know that it is Soda that is courting for suitors and not the other way around.. Soda needs that cash infusion so they can expand to their potential in a timely manner.
Your right it will be interesting what the stock price will do tomorrow. Should be alot of activity on Soda even with a low volume market being anticipated. Hope it works for everyone. I'll observe on the side lines.
Best way to close on this rumor. Good job Seth. It's interesting how much the prior rumors are weighing on this one. Low volume considering. the crying wolf maybe in play. One thing you can count on Soda mgt. should take their time if its not true. It really is a good boost for their stock price.
Hi Dr. Can't disagree with your comments. I also was planning a recovery may/june. But I backed off for now because of two things that might make a change in the opposite direction short term. One, Iran;s timeclock for nuclear capability is very close and Israel will not sit still and I don't blame them. If that happens we will get a short term reduction but it will come back. Two, because the company advertised that the next 2 qtrs would be challenging and little to no soda tv commercials tells me they have a very low cash flow . Now with that said if we see a further reduction prior to earnings I will have to look hard in investing before earnings.
I have to agree that there is still something wrong with Soda. Investors are hesitate with Soda for whatever reason. I dabbled alittle and had the opportunity to dump that little with a breakeven. Will wait until after earnings or 36 whatever comes first.
If the ukraine settles down we have a 3-5 dollar exposure downward not counting what the market will drive. THIs will be harder to play for awhile. There's always the other direction if the Ukraine gets worse.