"Here's more holders in millions"
Virtually all those holdings are from the first quarter (i.e. earlier this year).
Why mislead with dated information? Are you getting desperate as we head to the 3's
Facts are that S is trading over 30% lower then the original buyout, and over 70% off the highs of a year ago.
Facts are that S is engaged in a price war with increasingly negative implications for ebitda and some major brokerage houses are downgrading for the near to medium term.
Fact is that the price wars may very well increase Sprint's sub count but at a significant cost to the bottom line.
I am fully prepared to get back in in 12 - 18 months as I think it will take at least that long for this turnaround to play out. In the meantime there are much better areas for me to invest in
Quite the contrary - I made a ton of money on Sprint late last year and early this year - sold when the TMO merger talks were dragging on because something just didn't seem right.
As far as missing a potential run up - would rather buy a stock with a confirmed uptrend (even though I may miss the first couple of bucks) as opposed to a confirmed downtrend.
Like I said, Sprint will see 3's before 6's as this turnaround is at least a couple of years away given the current telecom environment.
If Masa Son is so savy why did he pay $6+ for a company that was bleeding subs and faced with 8 billion in capex, not to mention the fierce margin pressures brought about by the existing price wars.
Sprint will see 3's before 6's - SON underestimated the U.S. market and is turning out to be the ultimate fool re: Sprint
Greek - you and Whig like to PUMP Sprint with the most pedantic and often inaccurate nonsense - a year ago Sprint was trading in the 10's - now less than half that. I was bashed by both of you relentlessly for warning caution when S was in the 8's.
Sprint is a spec play at this point - there is nothing to suggest a quick turnaround as the entire telecom sector is under significant margin pressure. At this point any investor considering Sprint should average in their intended position 1- 2 percent per week over the next year as it will take at least 6 months before Sprint shows substantive progress.
Doubtful they are, however then I would rate Sprint a hold at BEST.
Sprint has become a multi year play. Frankly, there are better places to park your money as any turnaround is at least a year away in the current telecom environment.
Wheeler and the FCC shot themselves in the foot by nixing the merger. Yes they got their competitive price war wishes but that was very short sighted (when have you ever known government to make the right choices?) as in a year or two T and VZ will be stronger than ever and S and TMO will be weaker than ever.
Perhaps you should've said longs won't see 6 for quite awhile - Sprint is very well headed to the 5's or perhaps even 4's. Voice and data are essentially becoming commoditized with lower and lower prices for both
It's the sub losses that are most disappointing. T, VZ & TMO all reported sub gains and even with Sprint's aggressive pricing plans they still report losses - that to me is most worrisome
The sub losses are the real concern - looks like Legere is right by saying TMO will be #3 by year end
One way or the other, we'll know in a couple of weeks. I sold a couple of weeks ago at $6.30 - nothing appears to be going Sprint's way these days and I doubt upcoming earnings will indicate otherwise.
Perhaps that is the intent of the rumor - put a floor under the share price in front of upcoming earnings. SON has got to be frustrated after spending 18B and at this point has nothing to show for it.
SON - the ultimate maverick...NOT
We won't know for sure until 13f's are release in two weeks - although I would think they have at least trimmed if not completely sold out.
Someone mentioned Credit Suisse coming out and saying SB is thinking of taking S private although I can't find any articles or news that corroborates that - nonetheless, at this pps you would have to think SON is thinking about it as he could take S private for what essentially amounts to pocket change for him.
It's a free country - glad I (and most likely others) can put you on IGNORE.
Post something substantive - otherwise you just come across as an idiot.
8x forward EBIDTA makes a fairly compelling argument to stay away at this point. The truth one way or the other will be coming out over the next several weeks with earnings and upcoming 13f's
Bullishness or Bearishness has nothing to do with your scenario - the FCC would like 4 players but that's not realistic - you're scenario envisions just two and that's not realistic either - there will be three. Question is who will be #3 - at this point it's Sprint's or TMO.
The FCC is much more likely to allow an S/TMO merger (albeit 2 or 3 years out) than they will allow TMO & ATT or VZ & S tie-up). Where do you come up with this stuff as 99% of your posts are ridiculous. Do you really think the FCC would consider your posits.
As long as Sprint targets the low-end of the market, both AT&T and Verizon are happy to encourage it to do so by occasionally dropping their own prices, forcing Sprint to match the lower one again. This can’t go on forever — so it won’t. What’s not clear is which of the strategies will prevail
We'll said - Verizon and AT&T are not (nor will they) get significantly hit in the current environment. The best Sprint and TMO can strive for is parity with each other as opposed to T & VZ. The shortsightedness and recalcitrance of the FCC has created a situation whereby Sprint and TMO and DISH (in one flavor or another) have to combine resources just in order to survive longer term. Unfortunately they (the FCC) doesn't realize that yet and it will probably take at least two years and a new administration before they do.