Once they buy back some shares and probably need to increase the dividend again The main issue is too many outstanding shares, so a buy back is needed. They upped the dividend earlier this year, so that is nice. If the dividend goes to 4.5% this stock is a steal.
Yesterday I shorted what I thought was going to be 200 shares and this am it looks like it's 2000 shares. I believe TD Ameritrade messed up because I only bought the options that are 10x not 100x. Either way I hope it stays down after the open.
I just don't think they will make revenue, future earnings, and profit tonight. I see a miss on at least one front.
I will be buying a bundle. I bought this at $7 in the 2000s sold at $583 only made over $26,000 because I sold 70 shares before that would have turned into 140 more. Idiot. Anyone this is a great buy at $380.
Until they can offer a 3-4% yield this is not a buy. Even before the miss this was not a buy and if you want to pop up to $12.5 go ahead, but it's not a long-range buy and hold until they can offer a better and bigger dividend and that's not happening anytime soon. Also, they need to buy back a lot of shares before they will be able to up the dividend.
I bought this stock last year. Would have made a good gain, but when I tried to sell it back to the market there were not buyers and I could not sell. There is not enough volume. So, those that think now is a good time to buy be cautious as you will probably lose if you buy this stock right now. You have to buy and hold and hold.
This looks like it. If it holds at $23 we have a bottom. Yesterday was the start and we should have a firm foundation today and upward moves tomorrow and into next week.
MM are crooks, but if you know the system you just go along with it and make your own money. Problem is they can do whatever they want. Had they decided to bring it down farther they would have. And today or tomorrow they could do that, but I think it was way oversold anyway and they just went with the uptrend.
WM is not a stock I would buy a call on unless it was deep in the money and at least 6 months out. Better to buy this stock outright and enjoy the dividend.
If they go that route the stock will go up. Let's say it's $14 now and they offer a $9 SD. Don't you think that people will buy the stock to get the dividend. Of course they will, so the stock goes up. You then sell your calls.
But, yes you will not get the special dividend by owning the options unless you get it thur a price increase in the options or you execute your options prior to the SD, hold the stock on the day of issue or ex dividend date. And then get the actual SD. And yes you have the problem of the stock going down after the ex dividend day. So, hold the options and when the price goes up sell the options and get your return. Don't hold for the dividend as that would not be prudent unless the stock runs up to say $20 and they offer a SD on top of that price. Then, you may want to be in stock. I would not personally do that as the options at that point has probably doubled with a pps of $29. And then the price would drop by $9 after the SD.
Apple sells are soft apparently that is driving CRUS. I thought it was a $45 dollar stock for sure. I was wrong. I have one long call that I will probably execute just to get the shares, but I am way out of money. I was lucky to play the bottom by selling calls. Not enough to reap all my loses, but if I get the shares back even at a loss I will hold them until this goes back up. I believe in the stock. But, they are tied to closely with Apple for shareholders to believe in an immediate turnaround.
I lost my butt over a long call, made some back by selling the calls down, and will be back in if this hits $20. Just too good of a company. Plus, as soon as people recognize CRUS is more than Apple it will take off again.
Not sure why it cut off my message, but I said something to the effect that Engineering is a big deal where sales force is not so big of a deal.
I was in the 7.00 club but sold at $588. But I held the stock for about 13 years. I also did something stupid and sold about 70 shares that ended up being 140 because of the split. I did ok though, but could have done much better.
I think the price before earnings will be close to $380 and after earnings, which will be good this time it will go up 15-18% and start the climb back up after the influx of new summer products and announcements. I believe the iWatch, iPhone ?, and finally a status update on the iTv will push Apple back to $500 for the year and finally back to $550.
I bought a bunch of calls about 2-3 months ago. It looked like a great buy. I got hammered. I have been able to make a lot of money back by selling calls, but I hate doing that and it's risky. I can't see why this company is just going down farther and farther.