that's true... but, that has to do with a couple individual bad picks (oil I think), nothing to do with timing or over-all trading philosophy. Which is what I was talking about. aaaand "sell"? Sell WHAT?? PFF? below 37? R-U-Fn-Nuts? Under NO circumstances would I have sold my shares yesterday or at todays current price either. Not A Chance.
1000 more for the DJ? Reeealy don't think so.... IMO 80% of the damage is done. b'sides if you count this correction as having started in Oct, then we're already in the over -15% range. a 20% MORE correction from here would, I think put PFF WELL below 33, probably 31-ish but it ain't happenin. IMO you missed the bus. If you see 36flat again I would TAKE IT.
that's a sweet-snag man. It bounced right off 36.
my first entry was at 38.20 so I'm not too ichy yet. At 35.00 I'll be getting very ichy. . .
once again, my post just didn't. as I said,
I doubt I can hold off for 33.00. 34.00 maybe. the "prognosticators" are already calling it (things like it) oversold where it's at now. This thing normally moves in a very narrow range. This is a rare opportunity...
I like to think 20something years in the mkt's I've gained some better instincts than when I started. This looks like it might be leveling off now, but for the wash-sale penalty I might be tempted to buy back in. But really, I'm too close to retirement to be messing with individual equities. I SO should have known better.
7-8% yesterday, another ...15% off THE NEXT DAY... that's penny stock behavior, not at what you expect (REIT or not) of something in the $30-40 ps range. I have FTR and that's been super volatile of lately, (in the $4-5 ps range) and even that is less volatile than this. Institutional buyer/sellers, (?) someone is moving very large blocks on almost no news. not good.
you are correct. I called it a "stop-loss" but actually it was MKT order, or, a "manual stop-loss" if you will. I've never done a real stop-loss for exactly the reason you inferred. Down just under 10% when I pulled the trigger, almost 15% off now. that 30.50 exit looking pretty good at the moment... if the mkt recovers the next 7 trading days probably be back in the mid to upper 30's by next week, (you know, mean, "my luck") but if things stay in this mostly Bearish pattern, I may see 30.50 as a wise exit for weeks even months to come... I'm still looking to cash in big when it bottoms, so I'm going to need that cash back.... (the mkt not hcp) and clearly today is not that bottom.
Hello - Goodbye ! thought yesterdays drop was a gift. Should have seen it for what it was "too-good-to-be-true". In yesterday very near the day low at 33flat. 10% loss in one day (esp WITH NO NEWS) = "Stop Loss" me-out at 30.50 just now. Invariably I'll have pinged the DAY-LOW AGAIN, except now in a BAD way, don't care......... Something rotten is going on here and I'm not sticking around to see where this "bottoming-for-no-reason" ends. Took my lumps and out. COOPals, nice for you? your cost avg is what? 20 something? less? easier when you're losing GAINS, no doubt. now if the whole market was down big again today, that'd be different. OR if there was some N EWS I could read "over-reaction" into.... again, maybe then but there's nothing here but a real bad stink. Deep-pocket-smart money knows something we don't. It was nice almost knowin' y'all...
my last buy was at 77-something. I firmly believe we are AT or within 3% of the bottom and entry-levels significantly below yesterdays lows are not going to be had. JMHO.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
dude, who want's bet whoever "thumbs-down'd-ya has no idea what Raging Bull was and assumed we're talking about back when the MKT was a "Raging" Bull Mkt...?
My nick on RB was Tickerchecker....
I was just trying to read "hmmmmm" when suddenly... "this topic is deleted"!
Strange... my mainly bullish comment seems safe....
a0007002's "hmmmm", (doom and gloomy) had to go... coincidence?
now, granted "a0007002" is a nick that reeks to high-fake-paid-basher-account-heaven....
added at @ 59.30
just in time for the next Div too!
As for deleted posts. yeah me too. what can ya do? I miss Raging Bull.
here's one answer, compose in word and keep a copy. Easy re-post ya dig?
IMHO the bottom is (was) $58ish. ANY entry below 60 is going to look VERY nice sooner than later. For that matter the same can be said of today's closing price. Now, I said "sooner than later" but by "sooner" I meant 5-6 months. By "later" I meant 10-15 months. My SWKS "mind-set" is long term.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Make no mistake, (I know I won't), it goes below 60 again, I am, as they say, "Backin' Up The Van!!"
((Adding to what is already, still, my single largest holding)) Last added at 77.20ish, Cost avg 56.7
1. Eventually the "secret" is going to get out that SWKS is NOT 95% dependent on AAPL
2. EVEN to extent that we are tied to AAPL's fortunes, I liken the current "pause" in smartphone sales to a typical MKT correction. (which are consistently followed by bargain hunter's rebound) The latest AAPL smartphone wasn't a big enough game-changer for a public growing weary of being expected to upgrade their $500 phone every 2 years. Granted. Make no mistake AAPL will make sure the next one IS.
3. and then there's that pesky China "slow-down" pretty much the same thing in the sense that it's pretty much a given that, that will be a temporary pause.
NOW it may take until Q4 2016 or even next year for all 3 of the above to "converge" but when they do.... Rock and Roll baby! We'll be pushing new all time highs. JMHO.
Sentiment: Strong Buy