Wed, Apr 16, 2014, 2:13 AM EDT - U.S. Markets open in 7 hrs 17 mins


% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Merrimack Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (MACK) Message Board

rocky9188 35 posts  |  Last Activity: Apr 14, 2014 7:09 PM Member since: Jun 29, 2013
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • So let me first state that I am LONG on RNN over the next year or so, but my portfolio has a TON of red in it right now. I am thinking of selling my whole portfolio to realize thousands $ in losses, and rebuying many other biotechs because the whole market will rebound together (but when? who knows)... After 31 days or more, I will be able to rebuy my core stocks such as RNN.

    Is anyone else thinking of doing this? Maximizing your gains sometimes requires diligent strategy. This is the largest pullback in the biotech market since 2009, so this might be a really good time for a tax-loss harvesting strategy.


  • Reply to

    How best to play this market pullback?

    by rocky9188 Apr 11, 2014 8:12 PM
    rocky9188 rocky9188 Apr 11, 2014 10:41 PM Flag

    Thats a more ballsy play than me. LSCC doesnt have a good looking chart but GLUU does. Nontheless its times like these I tell myself I should of held out to avg down all the way down here... You are right that I dont know when the recovery will be, but I am still thinking I can save thousands by having that recovery be in a different stock to write this red off as a loss...

  • Reply to

    How best to play this market pullback?

    by rocky9188 Apr 11, 2014 8:12 PM
    rocky9188 rocky9188 Apr 11, 2014 10:38 PM Flag

    thinking about getting into snta, eltp, nvax, athx in place of some of my current holdings for the short term only..

  • We know the markets are getting hammered right now. ONCS is still one of my favorite and highest holdings, but I am wondering if I could take my whole portfolio right now and sell it all, and move for the short term ride back up in some other stocks that have been hit hard, because the biotech market will all rebound together and there are countless opportunities out there now, I just dont have anymore I can invest.

    If I sell my whole portfolio, that is a HUGE amount I can use for a tax write off, so that when we start to go green again, I am making more $ by saving off taxes. If after 30 days when there is no more wash sale, if I havn't made it back, I could hopefully re-buy my existing holdings at similar prices. I only say this because this massive pullback has created so many interesting buys right now and I am trying to maximize my strategy and gains.

    Of course I could just leave my portfolio as is because I am confident in my holdings including ONCS. Dunno maybe I'm just crazy.

    Thoughts anyone?

  • Reply to

    What % of portfolio is INO for you?

    by rocky9188 Mar 29, 2014 12:24 PM
    rocky9188 rocky9188 Mar 29, 2014 2:43 PM Flag

    woah... I have a hard time going above 20% on an investment... your going in 100%? Your either a dummy or a genius. But then again my portfolio is a large % of my total net worth.

  • Hey guys, I have only been around INO for a couple of months and as I saw it about to cross above 3 and take off I bought a lot more and went up to almost 32% of my portfolio as I have done my DD and an not really worried here at all. After the R/S news, I am still not worried long term, but I believe the market might see this as a sign of weakness until Kim clarifies what is happening. As such I sold my most recent buy for a decent double digit gain and am back to my core position around 17% of portfolio. (I almost never go as high as 30% on a stock but I am convinced INO will run up into this data release)...

    I am thinking about adding to my core position again but I want to see how the market reacts to this R/S news and I want to see if Kim will clarify things like he did after the most recent financing.

    So what total % of your portfolio is INO? If that answer is 0 then you need to go do some more DD.

  • Reply to

    winning awards oes not make stock go up.....

    by mr_dbsbsm Mar 25, 2014 11:34 PM
    rocky9188 rocky9188 Mar 26, 2014 12:45 AM Flag

    Do you realize that they will be initiating new Phase I trials shortly? This alone will give it a boost up because the potential here is greater. Having these phase I announced DURING THE RUN UP of a P2 of this significance is going to be like a 1 2 knockout punch and we will EASILY be over $5 by summer. you dont know what your talking about

  • Reply to

    I think this is finally our ONE DOLLAR WEEK!

    by deanpump Mar 23, 2014 9:37 PM
    rocky9188 rocky9188 Mar 23, 2014 10:26 PM Flag

    doubt it. The biotech market is in the middle of a decent sized pullback right now. Personally, I expect a lot of red in my portfolio this week. Im hoping that some of my better ones like INO and ONCS either stay flat or only pullback slightly.

    Not worried though, come summer ONCS will be well over $1 possibly $2.

  • rocky9188 rocky9188 Mar 19, 2014 11:07 PM Flag

    I think the spring is already coiled and we just need some sort of catalyst to set it free. I believe MM is working on a partnership and if news of that hits, sayonara! P2 data in the summer has little effect now IMO, but when they announce new trial initiations (hopefully before summer), that will also give it a little kick. Analyst upgrades, patents, SA puff pieces, etc. will also probably be not to far behind. This 'could' be a $5 stock by this summer... although I wont hold my breath for that.

  • Reply to

    Move from OTC

    by jrobinson6274 Mar 17, 2014 2:40 PM
    rocky9188 rocky9188 Mar 17, 2014 3:54 PM Flag

    WOAH! I never considered checking youtube for biotech stocks. Oncosec and Inovio both have their own channels with some useful video and explanations... thanks!

  • Reply to

    Share ideas to recoupe losses

    by rocky9188 Mar 16, 2014 11:46 AM
    rocky9188 rocky9188 Mar 16, 2014 7:52 PM Flag

    also, your broncos football analogy is completely flawed... thats a sport for fun and entertainment. this is investing and business. presumably you are all investing because you want to have a nice retirement so it doesn't matter who you root for. business is business as long as it makes your account go up.

  • Reply to

    Share ideas to recoupe losses

    by rocky9188 Mar 16, 2014 11:46 AM
    rocky9188 rocky9188 Mar 16, 2014 7:29 PM Flag

    I don't take them personally. I come here to help, but I know that people are really upset at what happened and I dont blame them. In my opinion all you can do now is try and make all the losses back. Them #$%$ at me for trying to help wont do any good... if they dont want to get in on my favorite stock ideas for the near term then thats their problem. You and I both know that the next easy money to be made is in stocks like INO and ONCS. GL

  • Reply to

    Share ideas to recoupe losses

    by rocky9188 Mar 16, 2014 11:46 AM
    rocky9188 rocky9188 Mar 16, 2014 7:27 PM Flag

    I agree it is oversold, but at best I see this settling between the $2-3 range until further notice. So you can make a small percent here in the short term, but there are way better stocks out there if you do some research. I agree that losers dont like to be called out, but this has happened to me and there is nothing you can do except try and make your money back. I came here to help people, because people have helped me in these situations in the past.

    If you want to let your money sit dead and wait on the FDA (which could take many many months), then so be it... I am a logical investor and I know that there is no time period given for this hold, and for now, there is no reason to invest here other than a short term trade.

  • Reply to

    Share ideas to recoupe losses

    by rocky9188 Mar 16, 2014 11:46 AM
    rocky9188 rocky9188 Mar 16, 2014 7:21 PM Flag

    so your going to let your money sit and wait for a clinical hold to be lifted when it is related to a safety issue that first needs more data and analysis to be lifted? Yea holds can be lifted quickly like ARIA, or then can remain unlifted like ACHN. I do not think this hold will be lifted within a few months, until then you are not getting your triple and at best you will settle between $2-3 until then.

    If your being emotional about this stock because you took a hit on it, then you are not investing correctly and should stop now. Leave your emotion out of it.

  • Reply to

    Share ideas to recoupe losses

    by rocky9188 Mar 16, 2014 11:46 AM
    rocky9188 rocky9188 Mar 16, 2014 11:52 AM Flag

    Your a douche. I have made thousands from posts such as this one I just started. I am only throwing out ideas, it is up to you to do your own DD. I have taken big hits like this before so I feel for everyone here who got caught in this. Excuse me for trying to help. And I personally believe that all 10 of the companies I posted are good ideas.

  • Hey guys, so I traded GERN back in January for a small gain, and I was waiting for another opportunity to jump back in for another small gain, in low $4s. Luckily for me I never got back in yet as the markets have not been great lately. I feel for all those investors that got caught in this one, but this is the name of the game. It is possible that the clinical hold will be released sooner or later and the price will then rebound.

    But in the mean time I'd like to take this opportunity to share ideas for everyone to recoupe some losses, as well as some others to share ideas Here are some of my ideas:

    Short term swing trades: SNTA, ONVO, ELTP, ATHX, NVAX,

    Medium term (6 months to a year): INO, ONCS, RNN, MSTX, ARIA.

    I hope this can help some of you, and if any of you have better ideas, feel free to post them. As a side note, in the above ideas I have shared, I am the most bullish on INO and ONCS. I believe I can get 50% to a double from both of them by early summer.

    Take care.

  • Reply to

    This is not suprising, do your DD!

    by rocky9188 Mar 12, 2014 12:30 PM
    rocky9188 rocky9188 Mar 12, 2014 1:08 PM Flag

    More or less yea, which is why I can see the possibility of the clinical hold being lifted sooner or later... but my point I was trying to make is that when you invest in companies, you must take all into consideration. I am not saying investing in GERN was a bad idea, but given my above post, your investment should not have been very high. I only invest a lot of money in companies that have very well built pipelines which I do not think GERN has... and when investing I ALWAYS ALWAYS take the safety into consideration. Ignore statements by companies when they say "it was well tolerated" and read between the lines, especially if there is something negative reported in EVERY SINGLE patient such as here.

  • As per gerons website:

    "At least one abnormal liver function test, or LFT, was observed in laboratory findings in all patients. The majority were Grade 1 elevations in alanine aminotransferase, or ALT, and aspartate aminotransferase, or AST; two Grade 3 increases in ALT/AST were reversible on dose reduction. With longer dosing, Grade 1 increases in alkaline phosphatase were observed, associated with mostly Grade 1 to some Grade 2 unconjugated hyperbilirubinemia. LFT abnormalities do not appear to progressively worsen over time."

    When you see 1 abnormal liver function test for EVERY SINGLE PATIENT.. that is not a good sign, even if most were grade 1. When investing in biotechs, safety should be number one in your DD... None the less, low grade liver problems are still better than MF, AML or MDS so it is possible that this clinical hold will be lifted sooner or later and hte price will recover.

    Also, when doing DD, keep in mind the pipeline. Imetelstat is a 1 trick pony for GERN more or less. Whenever a company is relying on 1 drug for success, it makes events such as these that much worse.

    For now, this is only a trade play for a bounce... as a long term play I would sit this one out.

  • Reply to

    Insider Sales?

    by rocky9188 Mar 12, 2014 11:12 AM
    rocky9188 rocky9188 Mar 12, 2014 11:20 AM Flag

    Just check the yahoo main page for ELTP under 'insider transactions' ... its right there.

    I agree that the price has risen dramatically so profit taking could be in order, but if they knew this was going to $1 or $2 very soon, why sell now? Maybe the easy money was already made?

  • rocky9188 by rocky9188 Mar 12, 2014 11:12 AM Flag

    So I just noticed all of the insider sales going on in the high .60s. What gives? I am not bashing ELTP and I think there is still potential here, but in my experience, insider buys are always a good sign and insider sales are always a bad sign.

    Anyone know why they would sell? I was thinking about getting back into ELTP but after seeing that I am not so sure.

4.41-0.19(-4.13%)Apr 15 4:00 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.
Citigroup Inc.
NYSETue, Apr 15, 2014 4:00 PM EDT
Herbalife Ltd.
NYSETue, Apr 15, 2014 4:01 PM EDT
Conns Inc.
NasdaqGSTue, Apr 15, 2014 4:00 PM EDT