In my post "When to buy RBY", I said that after selling RBY shares as it surged to $6.20, I bought back too soon. I should have never done so because it was CLEAR that RBY's management THEN did not know how to build a mine! Its current management DOES! Also, RBY's management, past and present, has been correct in selling shares to finance the mine rather than using debt because in every case the price RBY received in selling shares has been BETTER than its current price. So I am very positive regarding present management.
Final comment regarding the $- I hold a substantial position in the US$ despite it being a promise to pay Nothing because I don't know if the USA will be destroyed financially by inflation or deflation. My guess is inflation, but I am not sure of that so I retain enough $s just in case.
I should add, there is nothing like a sure bet. The world may end tomorrow, etc., but in that case, we will have a much greater problem than losing $(which after all is a promise to pay NOTHING) in a RBY investment!
To the extent that I have had great profits in gold and silver, it is not because I could time my investments, but because I held my investments through long periods of poor performance, only to make great profits in a relatively short period of time when silver and gold EXPLODED . In silver, it was holding bags of silver coins before and selling during the great HUNT silver explosion. In gold, it was having a big holding in GG before it exploded. And RBY was a great investment when I started buying at .77 and selling during its surge with the last sale at 6.20. Unfortunately, I started buying back RBY TOO soon, but timing is not my strong point. In the case of RBY, I believe it will surge again, perhaps starting Monday or may be not for another 2 years. But, when the surge does come, my guess is that those waiting to invest until the surge comes will miss the train.
Thanks, Talk...nobody knows Red Lake like Rob. He made most of his fortune by betting BIG on Red Lake. He got muscled out of GG which he created and he didn't have the muscle to take over RBY in a friendly transaction. Now RBY is so cheap that he probably can take over RBY with his present company's stock. There may have been some luck in hitting it big with GG, but it took mucho brains and courage. Now is the perfect time for him to do so while GG's arrogant officers sit on their pants!
Excellent post. Most of us RBY bulls bought because Red Lake is the place to be because of its high grade history and Rob. Rob left RBY because DA and Co. refused to give him control of RBY. Rob is still interested in Red Lake and probably made a mistake in investing in Argentina and perhaps Mexico. Also, the results of his Nevada investment have not been spectacular. If Rob makes a move to take over RBY, I am all in. Otherwise RBY's fate will be dependent on the price of gold.
Well, Stock...I am not looking for another BIG BET, but there is a good chance ROB is returning to Red Lake through RBY. Why not. He will be buying back WAY UNDER for what he sold RBY, and he will have Red Lake mining people putting the mine into production.