This company like it's younger sibling HZNP bought drugs and companies at inflated prices, and then raised the price in an absurd fashion burdening the ever increasing healthcare cost. Well it seems like game is over, when they roll back the prices as they must, they may not even be profitable. Also it is noteworthy that because of pushback from payors, they had to scheme the specialty pharmacy to push through their absurd price increases. Aster having heard the hearing on aging on April 27, I sold today, not ethical to invest in this company before, and may not be profitable investment going forward.
Why in the world you would spend $millions and test only 12 patients. What is wrong with these morons, of course they cannot get approval with 12 patients. Does anyone know why they tested only 12 patients. BMRN had 220 tested, so obviously no shortage of volunteers. Stock will be at $8 or more tomorrow, they got over $4 in cash, and other products.
These are all smoke screen, when dust settles in 2 to 3 months this stock should be trading north of $50.
The question is about protocol, it is not about any advers test results. It is standard procedure to put a hold when FDA has question, this is not necessarily a bad news.
If FDA had put a hold because there had been unusual high death rate due to drug, that would have been bad news, but if hold is because they have some question, it does not warrant the price drop we have here. This company has 30 drugs in pieline, to shave up 10% because FDA has questions to ask, it is way overdone.
Allergan with all the cash, and with inversion rule which makes smaller aquizitions favored more, VRX will have no trouble selling assets at primume prices
There is a chance of that. I think the real risk is that, can VRX maintain it's existing sales, even 90% of it's existing sales through the normal managed pharmacy channels, Vs specialty pharmacy channels they used before. I see a risk there, but their guidance ( not to be relied uppon), and so far reported prescription trends indicate that situation is not as bad as feared. All in all I agree, there is risk, I would not invest money that I cannot afford to lose.
From what we hear, investors are sending in withdrawal notices to hedge funds forcing them to sell the VRX shares, every press is focused on bad news. I don't like this company for what they have done contributing to the drug inflation, but that was the past, now we have a value stock. I do not believe for a minute that bond holders will push this company to bankruptcy, they have nothing to gain by doing that, VRX has a very healthy cash flow to service it's debt many times over, they will survive and at PE of less than 3, it is hard not to see value here.Remember Imclone controversy, that drove the stock from 50 to single digit only to come back and be taken over at $70. Concentrate on drugs baby, they work, they sell, sales is growing, go against the negative press, the issues on hand are not bad enough to warrant such a low share price.
Nonesense, Jublia weekly TRX are going gangbusters, it has grown to 0ver TRX of 17000 in US, and over 100,000 weekly TRX in EU, do you realize how big is that. As far as not working, you need to apply the medication for about a year allowing healthy nail to grow, you will not know if it is working or not until the bad nail is grown away.
I don't know who you are addressing, I have made nothing but money on this stock, used to own it when it was Biovail, got out before the latest big drop, and recently got in at $26, please don't feel sorry for me.
If you need to be assured that VRX is way undervalued, and stock not only will survive, but perhaps more than triple within a year, look at prescription levels and trends. This company has bought trophy drugs that have huge sales and are growing, just look at weekly prescription numbers and it's growth rate on Jublia. I admit there are problems, but you do not want to lose the sight of the facts that earnings are going to be there because sales are there, and if earnings are there, then that is what rules at the end, not the negative sentiment that exists now.
How do you know 17 million shares have been converted? I would actually be a little worried if shares are converted. There is no reason to convert your shares before deadline unless you want to sell your shares, convertible bonds are safer than common shares, in case of a bankruptcy bonds holder have priority over stock holders, therefore you hold to your bonds unless you want to convert and sell you shares.
I hate to throw water on your fire, but have you checked the side effects of the drug, I think patients are not tolerating the drug, and as such we have low refill, and doctors that are hesitant to prescribe it to more patients. theoretically if all patients stayed with regimen, the TRX should by now be multiples of magnitude larger than NRX, but it is not. This is not kind of a drug that patients take for 30 days and they are cured, it is a maintenance drug, if they stop taking it, it means it did not work for them. I think we are hoping for success, but prescription trends are telling us to forget it, with that said, if prescription trends get strong, I will be all over it, meanwhile a small number of shares so that I stay interested..