Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

American Capital Agency Corp. Message Board

rosilvernail 16 posts  |  Last Activity: Mar 18, 2015 9:08 AM Member since: Mar 28, 2002
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • Reply to

    Financial reports

    by nomorere Mar 17, 2015 12:38 PM
    rosilvernail rosilvernail Mar 18, 2015 9:08 AM Flag

    Understand trying to read the earnings report difficulties but not knowing what the divi was before hand was pretty easy.

  • Reply to

    NSAM March 22.50 calls

    by dar200 Mar 5, 2015 10:45 AM
    rosilvernail rosilvernail Mar 5, 2015 11:48 AM Flag

    Nicely done - appreciate your ability to "milk" a slow market in regards to NRF/NSAM. Never knowing when and for how long I will be able to be at a monitor any given day, I stick to the options but still appreciate the forward guidance/insights. Did very nicely on NSAM last week and bought ITM April and June calls on NRF on Tuesday. Already up .25 to .30. Not as liquid as the stock but if they keep issuing shares might get more so lol.

  • Reply to

    It makes know sense

    by lipkalr Mar 3, 2015 1:51 PM
    rosilvernail rosilvernail Mar 3, 2015 2:03 PM Flag

    I guess the bet is how quickly does the price recover - I have buys in for April and June $17 calls but hard to figure out how much the divi is factored in. If it bounces 50 cents by the end of tomorrow, good buy .....unless it drops farther than that on the 5th. Of course, that is all about "flipping" mode. I believe 100% that the price will be higher than this in December so buying long term is a no brainer over a few cents.

  • Reply to

    Ira question

    by lipkalr Mar 3, 2015 9:24 AM
    rosilvernail rosilvernail Mar 3, 2015 9:30 AM Flag

    It is the sale/buy after the buy/sale that is the gotcha - you will get a warning message that you are using "unsettled" funds to make a purchase and if you then do something with that purchase before the next 3 day waiting period you could be in "trouble".

  • rosilvernail by rosilvernail Feb 27, 2015 3:36 PM Flag

    Sold my calls at 24.70 or so (might have 24.71 was hard to tell). Either at intrinsic value or a penny over lol. 290% so not going to quibble.

  • Reply to

    Slip of the lip?

    by dar200 Feb 27, 2015 10:34 AM
    rosilvernail rosilvernail Feb 27, 2015 1:59 PM Flag

    With X-div and SO coming up, may have a nice chance to pick more NRF at a better price - either long term or flip..

  • Reply to

    March 22.50 calls

    by dar200 Feb 26, 2015 11:01 AM
    rosilvernail rosilvernail Feb 26, 2015 10:27 PM Flag

    I have Mar. 20th $20 calls at IB with a sell in today for $4.20. The price got to $24.16 - so basically 3 weeks wasn't worth 4 cents of vig.

  • Reply to

    March 22.50 calls

    by dar200 Feb 26, 2015 11:01 AM
    rosilvernail rosilvernail Feb 26, 2015 12:05 PM Flag

    Yes, the thinly traded stocks ITM options always ridiculous. Have had MLP options on the runup to divi (before this crash lol) that I had to take a nickel loss because not enough money to take possession ( 60-100 options on a 40-70 dollar stock was a little heavy). Should have taken the time to see if opted to convert and then immediately sell if they would have let me. Is there a 3-day wait to take possession after exercising?

  • Reply to

    Confusion as usual

    by woodfrog8 Feb 19, 2015 4:20 PM
    rosilvernail rosilvernail Feb 19, 2015 4:28 PM Flag

    Same as with every company - one time charges, tax impairments, debt buy back, etc. GAAP vs non-GAAAP. The write off (write down?) of the 3 rigs ($1.47) put out to pasture was a paper loss so I would say .90 is a good indicator.

  • Reply to

    NSAM March 22.50 calls now in the money

    by dar200 Feb 18, 2015 2:31 PM
    rosilvernail rosilvernail Feb 18, 2015 3:24 PM Flag

    I got some Mar. 20's a few weeks ago for 1.65 - now 2.40/2.90. Thanks. Would selling NRF covered calls going into earnings be reasonable or chance of getting called if no SO too great?

  • Reply to

    Tax question MLP's

    by jjflyman Feb 6, 2015 11:13 AM
    rosilvernail rosilvernail Feb 6, 2015 3:34 PM Flag

    My assumption (and I may hear from Mr. IRS to the contrary lol) is that as long as your total UBTI is under $1000 (look in box Box 20V don't have to file anything. Even if it is a self directed IRA (as mine is with Scottrade) they are still responsible for the tax and would deduct it from your account.

  • Reply to

    Tax question MLP's

    by jjflyman Feb 6, 2015 11:13 AM
    rosilvernail rosilvernail Feb 6, 2015 1:28 PM Flag

    Oops, should have deleted "life-time amount" in the 3rd sentence.

  • Reply to

    Tax question MLP's

    by jjflyman Feb 6, 2015 11:13 AM
    rosilvernail rosilvernail Feb 6, 2015 1:26 PM Flag

    The term is UBTI - “unrelated business income tax” (UBIT). Under the UBIT rules, tax-exempt organizations and retirement accounts must pay tax on their “unrelated business taxable income” (UBTI). It is not the same as the distribution and is a life-time amount in the IRA. The K-1 (not 1099) for the IRA will have the info. Different MLPs generate different pct. of UBTI depending on their business model. The $1000 deductible is per year (but I have seen it stated as life time total) and you will have to own lots of shares and/or have the MLP generate a lot of UBTI to be hit with this tax. To make things more interesting, you do not actually owe the tax, the IRA administrator does! It comes out of your account and goes to the IRA.

  • Reply to

    Afternoon selling heading down to 1.50 company value.

    by udge4 Jan 30, 2015 12:04 PM
    rosilvernail rosilvernail Jan 30, 2015 7:59 PM Flag

    Geez, a touch pad is a dangerous thing to use while reclining on the couch. The reason I referenced the REITS is they continually make secondary offerings and do so at a price 3-5% below the current price of the stock. The share price will almost always open below that offering price and stay there for a while. .

  • Reply to

    Afternoon selling heading down to 1.50 company value.

    by udge4 Jan 30, 2015 12:04 PM
    rosilvernail rosilvernail Jan 30, 2015 7:55 PM Flag

    As someone who has owned (and owns) dozens of REITS and MLPs (not proud to admit that in today's market lol) I am blown away that more has not been of what has happened this week. NVIV basically had a secondary of ~10% of the float at $1.50 and the price has remained rock steady at $1.90 in the face of 2 almost 300 point down days in the market. The entity that bought the shares seems to have kept most of them (looking at the volume anyway) and possibly the early morning spikes down on Wed. and Thur. were some of those shares. Unless the 2nd patient dies as a direct result of the implant, I don't see anyone getting a chance to load up at $1.50.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • rosilvernail by rosilvernail Jan 30, 2015 11:43 AM Flag

    Dar,
    Are you adding to your March NSAM options for staying with what you have?

AGNC
21.58-0.17(-0.80%)Mar 27 4:00 PMEDT