from Erickson and openwave. Markman decision on APPL due anytime. Shorty getting freaky in posts.
November 20th.. Again people like this don't throw money in a waste paper basket. Its the same cue we got the day before the ruling when someone took out that 1day short bet. Listen to these stock purchases and they will tell you a story. The next chapter of AMRN is about to be displayed. As ugly as this process has been the outcome for Longs, with either approved or non approved is up from here.
No no, they had to do everything before the final decision on the 20th. Otherwise a court could say well you had your chance to complain, you didn't so you lose.
In a court of law you must show that you used every available avenue against a government agency before you can sue. This includes requesting high level meetings. If AMRN had gone to court and someone said you didn't request a meeting the case would be shelved. In my opinion this was a negotiating effort on AMRNS part which tells the FDA that you better look at this real close because if you make the wrong decision and we are hit with law suits you are going to be hit with them too and the value of those lawsuits against us are going to be used as the way to value the lawsuit against the FDA. You have to tie the damages together and that is what AMRN has done by asking and being denied the upper level meeting. To me they have exhausted all remedies with FDA and this sets them up to be sued to high heaven.
Let me ask you. What is your dose? I talked to my pharma and she said they had a bottle of 120 at 4 grams per day. 1 gram per pill and the total under my insurance was $205. So is that one month or 4 months worth? I am not a 500 but more like 200-210. Is the theory you take less if you are only looking to break back below 200. I am just wondering in my case whether a one month supply could be a 4 month supply in my case. What is the theory on this?
Some interesting cases revolving around patent laws are going before the Supreme Court. Both have to do with who will pay the winning attorneys fees. Patent Holders have prevailed in most appeals as long as the filing lawsuit is not totally bogus in nature. New patent laws being talked about in Congress are now getting a second look. They revolve around really bogus claims against hamburger stands etc. The problem is if you make it tougher on Patent holders to enforce their patents you will truly stifle innovation. I don't see UPIP in this same category as the hamburger stand trolls. But can you make a distinction without really upsetting the entire patent system itself. I just don't see the congress getting to a consensus on this issue without a lot of soul searching. You can't have it both ways. I also don't see the Supreme court ruling against Patent holders.
Its one of the fundamental parts of our economy. Patent Holders must be given more leeway because they are the most vulnerable against the large companies like Apple, Google Etc. By the way I like the idea of contingency fees in regards to UPIP larger lawsuits. That's a good deal for Stockholders as we won't run through money as fast. Cash in the bank right now at a 7 million per quarter burn gives us 5 years and that has been leveraged by the contingent fee arrangements with the lawyers. In that time we could easily see royalty payments in the millions. Microsoft remember paid UPIP $30 mil for its rights. That makes us way more legit than the way this is being portrayed by the press.
I understand halting a stock when an actual decision has been made. Or maybe 10 minutes before to 10 minutes after. But to close trading down on AMRN during the entire discussion and day was wrong. I think you should have been able to trade on the speakers, the comments from the panel etc. Then let it trade during lunch. Come back for the public comment, then maybe halt the stock before the panel begins to deliberate then vote. 10 minutes after the vote let it start trading again. What is wrong with this way of thinking? Since many of you experienced the entire day with out the ability to react tell me this doesn't make sense. Who decided the length of the halt? Did AMRN executive request it? How is it determined a stock should be halted for a whole day. To me the halt should come when the decision is close. What say you?
you were told
You know things do smell fishy here. But to me it isn't the AMRN executive team, its someone who wants this company's patents and FDA approved V. Remember the day before the notes came out suddenly that large put contract went through at 5.50. Seems like the AMRN executive team was set up. Went out borrowed money, diluted stock all with an SPA from the FDA. It should have been in the bag. Now your another 4 years out and the money won't last. So what do you do? Sell to the highest bidder. Except it isn't that high any more. You just had your jock handed to you with a 9 to 2 no vote. You need to sell to someone that can complete the reduce IT. And instead of your stock being worth $10 today its now $2. Sorry Charlie. you've been had. Sure you can try and hold out but you'll need to stop the study to survive and live off the Marine decision. I think you have to sell. Who knows you might get $10 from someone who has a product going generic on you. HMMMM
The idea that the FDA has never turned down and SPA. I think that could spur a rally later in December that could allow some money to be made. $250 mil in the bank. They can cover things well. I think they realized that they had lost their chance at the big money as the company will most likely be sold.
but that doesn't look like its going to happen.. Would have like to buy more before the Conference call. Could be good. Hopefully they had someone willing to buy at the approval price and at the non approval price. Now they just have to announce who it is.
Tonight 4PM pacific good luck longs