The Obama administration set the bar high. In his first inaugural address, Obama said that "those of us who manage the public's dollars" will "do our business in the light of day, because only then can we restore the vital trust between a people and their government."
Green Energy Failures using government money without public or legistlative consent:
1.Evergreen Solar ($25 million)*
* 3.Solyndra ($535 million)*
4.Beacon Power ($43 million)*
5.Nevada Geothermal ($98.5 million)
* 6.SunPower ($1.2 billion)
* 7.First Solar ($1.46 billion)
8.Babcock and Brown ($178 million)
9.EnerDel’s subsidiary Ener1 ($118.5 million)*
10.Amonix ($5.9 million)
* 11.Fisker Automotive ($529 million)
12.Abound Solar ($400 million)*
13.A123 Systems ($279 million)*
14.Willard and Kelsey Solar Group ($700,981)*
15.Johnson Controls ($299 million)
* 16.Brightsource ($1.6 billion)
17.ECOtality ($126.2 million)
18.Raser Technologies ($33 million)*
19.Energy Conversion Devices ($13.3 million)*
20.Mountain Plaza, Inc. ($2 million)*
21.Olsen’s Crop Service and Olsen’s Mills Acquisition Company ($10 million)*
22.Range Fuels ($80 million)*
23.Thompson River Power ($6.5 million)*
24.Stirling Energy Systems ($7 million)*
25.Azure Dynamics ($5.4 million)*
27.Vestas ($50 million)
28.LG Chem’s subsidiary Compact Power ($151 million)
29.Nordic Windpower ($16 million)*
30.Navistar ($39 million)
31.Satcon ($3 million)*
32.Konarka Technologies Inc. ($20 million)*
33.Mascoma Corp. ($100 million)
* - Big Fish
Affordable Care Act?
Operation Fast and Furious?
As a result of a dispute over the release of Justice Department documents related to the scandal, Attorney General Eric Holder became the first sitting member of the Cabinet of the United States to be held in contempt of Congress on June 28, 2012. Earlier that month, President Barack Obama had invoked executive privilege for the first time in his presidency
1. Acid Rain
2. Eggs are bad
3. If you eat foods high in cholesterol, your cholesterol will rise
4. Global Warming
5. Doctoring historic temperature readings around the globe because of 'missing data' making them seem 'cooler' aka, making today seem 'warmer'
6. Northwest passage would be ice free
7. CO2 is a pollutant
8. California will sink into the ocean by 2015 (remember that one back in the 80s?)
9. Ground squirrels in Siberia are causing Global Warming (I kid you not, find it on the BBC).
A. Polar bear populations will greatly dimish by 2014 due to Global Warming (huh?)
B. Al Gore did well in science classes (huh? I think his highest grade was a 'C' before he dropped out of all science. Check me on that).