I have my doubts about structure simplification process - buying Susser does not make things simpler. I believe one analysis asked the question about "wouldn't buying Susser be more complicated?" and ETP said something to the effect of "it is not easy keeping things simple - doing business things get complicated" I believe that was in the first quarter conference call.
I really do not care in the end, my accountant does my taxes and I just try to make money. I am just glad ETP has increased the distribution to .02 instead of .015.
You are way to positive...the CFO said back in Feb or March that the second quarter would be breakeven and third quarter would be positive, but I do not believe any those comments after they reported the first quarter. There was no mention of profits for the second or third quarter - fourth quarter I expect some positive EPS just because of what the analysis are projecting.
ETE up 2.5% again today...ETP down. Good thing I am going on vacation for two weeks...this is really starting to #$%$ me off.
I don't know...know matter what kind of news comes out either on ETE or ETP - ETE goes up 2 to 5x more then ETP and holds the gains. This is complete pooh (can not swear on Yahoo) - Maybe I am just stupid and do not understand ETE or ETP. Next time I invest in an MLP, I will own the main (ETE) company and not the branch (ETP) of the main (ETE) company. That is if ETP ever gets expensive - I may just collect the fat 6% yield for years which is fine too. I am sure ETE will get massive upgrades tomorrow or in the next week.
Unfortunately this has nothing to do with ETP, only ETE. I may be wrong but I will look into more...
ETP is dog compared to ETE. Very frustrating...ETE has good news and it blows past its 52-week high, ETP has good news it goes up 1 to 2.5% then back down to the very slow moving trading range. At least ETP bought a low-margin gas station retail business. ETE seems expensive and ETP seems cheap? What am I missing? Is ETE really that much better then ETP? I can stop ETE from going up, just sell ETP and buy ETE - but that is not going to happen. Been a unit holder/shareholder of ETP since 2012 - believe ETP is very cheap to peers and deserves a lot higher share price. Tomorrow is going to be frustrating seeing ETE going up huge and ETP doing nothing. Yes, I am complaining...
Not much to talk about with a stock that trades between $55.5 to $57 range. Not sure when ETP will get the respect it deserves...
If you believe YGE will beat on earnings you will be so disappointed tomorrow...it is all about guidance. When was the last time YGE rallied after an earnings report?
YGE has missed 8 out of the 10 earnings report. The other two were in-line. I give YGE a 10% chance of beating, 20% of in-line and a 70% chance of missing the quarter. It will come down to margins but it all comes down to weather or not they maintain their guidance of the third quarter profitability. Lower guidance YGE gets hammered - I'm betting they miss EPS (my guess is -.32 EPS) and maintain guidance, basically the only reason I am holding YGE is because I believe they will be profitable by year end. Once profitable, things become more rosy for the company and balance sheet.
If you have any money in CKGT be sure to sell it before 06-04-2014 as CKGT will no longer listed. (gone for good). Don't believe me, do a Google search on China Kangtai Cactus Bio and sort it by most recent date. There is an SEC filing (PDF) that notes CKGT will be terminated. I would put the link up but Yahoo does not allow any links. I sold back in 2012 for a $9000+ dollar lose and forever changed the way I invest.
I think GM is just getting all this bad news out right now - I think this is the right thing to do, then let this news linger.
I highly doubt it...CYIOS has not produced any news in over a year or so. Plus the fact that they do not even file with the SEC.
Everyone wants a beat on top and bottom line and ETP did. The few stocks I own, some beat top and bottom but eventually go down anyways...I just do not like the market. The market is never happy or never good enough with earnings. O'well, back to collecting the fat distribution while the stock trades at $53 to $56 range.
I imagine YGE will report a miss on revenues and EPS as it has missed 8 out of the 10 quarterly reports. This is brutal. Every year I always have one stock that gives me troubles.
1st looks like a solid quarter (beat top line & bottom line). 12.2 Billion in Revenues, .76 EPS and 1.36x coverage ratio. I think it will be a good conf. call tomorrow - ETP's future is bright with plenty of growth.