They don't have the time to do DD on every company so they have a SELL ratings on every stock that are close to 52 week lows and BUY ratings on every stock that are close to 52 week highs.. they are performance chasers.. I can stick my head out the window and see that it's raining.. The Street never recommends risk.. the street is pretty useless expect for all the overwhelming advertisements that infest there website..
Of course they do and other investment firms.. instead of fighting them we should have bought stakes in their company's equity.. They all allowed to manipulate so why not reap the rewards without the legal obligations..
Some took profits on the big run up before the hearing.. It's fine to take profits since management keeps everyone in the dark except for the equity raise.. It's truly just a gamble for today.. long term could be a great investment.. good luck..
I agree David that it could be a short term concern.. I'll begin another position "if" the settlement is delayed and then allow any dilution concerns to get baked in.. I could be missing a monster move tmrw but I just don't want to be on the flip side if there isn't.. big day tmrw for the short term view..
I'm trying to understand myself as I'm not a financial expert why would they need to raise equity if the settlements tmrw are so large as to take the PPS to $15- $20?.. I'm just trying to have a rational discussion not trying to be negative.. I do want to invest here again just looking for another entry point for a longer term view..
If settlements were that large I don't don't they would have announced a need for an equity raise yesterday.. I'm not trying to burst anyone's bubble here just trying to be rational and looking for some answers to many of the unanswered questions so I can make a rational investment decision.. good luck..
"it is not worth the risk"
Ok thx for your opinion.. now if u can plz move along you made your point.. find a stock that's worth it and make some comments there.. thx
Adding more at $1.43.. not worried but concerned.. I'm willing to take the risk..
The fleet report is what's bringing HERO down..
Oil drillers; monthly fleet status reports out of RIG and HERO:
Cowen said negative for both as RIG
now has three floaters idle, will see “wave of additional ready stackings” if co. doesn’t start to sign contracts soon…for HERO said update without any material contracting accomplished..
HERO needs to sign some contracts and soon..
Well we know for sure that these past 2 week's the catalyst was mainly due to tmrw's Markman hearing.. So in the short term "tmrw" it could have a huge swing either way.. It's truly a gamble for tmrw.. long term if you believe in the potential in SPEX's IP portfolio then it's an investment..
I think some investors are equally as happy to sell into this week's run up as some are happy to buy and hold for the hearing hence the flat trading.. Some sellers know that if there is another delay or no significant settlement it will drop dramatically or it can go the other way and explode upwards.. Tmrw should be very interesting..
Sorry if I appear to be a negative poster.. not trying to influence the PPS nor argue with you .. just trying to get an understanding as to why management has not providing enough info on any positive aspects of any recent activities with all the pages and pages of all possible risks.. as I'm also concerned with tthe many unanswered questions like what happen to the Compufill patent settlement?..
Either way good luck..
I agree Raising equity because of royalties to be paid over time or Raising equity because they could be possibly running out of cash as per their 10Q.. it's still all speculation and I'll keep my eye on this to see if I want to jump back in.. either way good luck..
Trust me I want to be in if the Markmann Hearing was positive.. The 10Q was nothing but warnings and about raising equity.. I was concerned that they didn't include any positive aspects of gaining revenue.. what happened to Compufill patent licence agreement?
I'm just playing devils advocate here.. If the Markman hearing was not as expected and no large settlements in the short term it would make sense to raise equity.. It seems everyone expects only the rosier version which I don't blame anyone since this has been looking for redemption after a long painful wait..
"because our market cap dropped below a certain amount"
Was that market cap amount due to ANV dropping below $1? If so now that ANV reached over $2 does that threshold change were they are no longer need the offering?.. But has the option in the future?
I'm looking to get back in after some of the important questions are answered by management.. If $50-100M type of settlements was coming soon you wouldn't think an equity raise is needed.. Although different ANV went down 23% today on there equity raise..
And Cell phones, computers, refrigerators, hospital lighting and equipment, ambulances, air travel and trucks.. there's a reason why the entire northeast waited 9 hrs for gas during sandy.. We should go back and live in huts..