Fri, Jul 11, 2014, 2:25 PM EDT - U.S. Markets close in 1 hr 35 mins

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

InVivo Therapeutics Holdings Corp. Message Board

rx7171 15 posts  |  Last Activity: Jul 6, 2014 10:10 PM Member since: Aug 20, 2000
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • Reply to

    Insider trading

    by rx7171 Jul 4, 2014 2:43 AM
    rx7171 rx7171 Jul 6, 2014 10:10 PM Flag

    OK smart guy how do you explain it.

  • Yesterday at 3:00 price and trading volume took off.
    This morning's news appears to have been leaked to someone for inside tradind ahead of the news.
    Does anyone think the SEC will pay attention to it?

  • rx7171 by rx7171 Jun 26, 2014 4:55 PM Flag

    There is a lot of talk on this board about partnering or buyout with big pharma.
    Buyout to me is way too soon since we have enough cash to get through another level of trials which if successful would create a much better sell out price for the shareholders.
    I'd rather consider a partnering deal, but only after the next round of Melanoma trials for the above mentioned reason.
    However for other indications partnering would bring in cash needed to start trials.
    Partnering is also a lot easier for big Pharma since usually there is a modest up front amount of cash and their costs only increase if trial milestone data looks positive.
    Low up front cost and an exit door available if data weak. Seems like a cheap toe in the water for them in what could be a huge market.

  • rx7171 rx7171 May 2, 2014 12:47 AM Flag

    "It is interesting that he mentioned that, however."
    It was obviously planned carefully to be said either to minimize stock slide or to really set the stage for an actual move to go around the FDA.
    I hope they seriously pursue it now.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • rx7171 rx7171 May 1, 2014 6:01 PM Flag

    "As to the share price, the release of the hold still is a very good bet, and now the price ratcheted down for another opportunity to buy cheap shares""

    End I don't question your analysis but like many here I've already bought in with all the funds I think prudent at much higher prices so as a long time long suffering long this will only benefit those who are either new to Geron or those wise enough to have doubted their program earlier and now see the opportunity. I remain confident Imetelstat will ultimately be successful however I'd like to see it in my lifetime or not sold under some other name by a big pharma that picked it up when Geron is stalled into a cheap buyout. I suppose I'm just being cranky.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • rx7171 rx7171 May 1, 2014 5:31 PM Flag

    "I think they will seek a partial release of the hold to do the Phase 2 trials pretty soon, and if that is denied, they they will look at the European alternative."

    Since European trials were intended eventually they should get the wheels turning on them ASAP rather than waiting on the FDA decision. We need to see movement in the program. Sitting on our hands is killing the share price right now.

  • rx7171 rx7171 May 1, 2014 5:25 PM Flag

    FDA foot dragging will kill how many more MF patients due to adding 6 months minimum to trial time line too approval, or maybe buyout by big pharma.

  • rx7171 rx7171 Apr 29, 2014 11:44 AM Flag

    I can't agree more. A reasonable person should see the current foot dragging FDA methodology either drives start ups with promising therapies either into a Geron style cash starvation shut down of programs like OPC1 or to be bought up on the cheap by big pharma. I try not to be a conspiracy theorist but it does look to be a sweet deal for big pharma while at the same time discouraging cutting edge research.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    Updated program on InVivo site

    by rx7171 Apr 28, 2014 11:35 PM
    rx7171 rx7171 Apr 29, 2014 2:33 AM Flag

    You are right about the pilot study not having a placebo component, however the registration trial would be a "50-100 patient blinded, randomized, controlled study".
    So if early indications are good it looks like some who sign onto the trial will be used as non treated controls. Tough call to not be treated and condemmed to being crippled.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • I see from todays updated program description

    "The Neuro-Spinal Scaffold:
    •Promotes nerve cell adhesion
    •Promotes neurite sprouting in cell culture
    •Promotes tissue regrowth with myelinated axons
    •Is biodegradable and is replaced by remodeled tissue
    •Promotes functional recovery"

    So all that talk about protecting the injury area from inflamation causing additional damage seems to have been dropped in exchange for promoting neurite sprouting and regrowth of myelinated axons.
    However pre clinical data is still impressive although until we can add cells to the mix per the same pre clinical
    data my best hope is improved recovery rather than spectacular recovery.
    Best time frame offered is 4 years to market including double blind trial.
    4 months between patients! I thought it was 3 months. Am I wrong.
    With good early data who would want to one of the ones given placebo.
    Hoping for unequivical positive results that forces FDA to allow true accerated approval

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    Irish petition

    by ptennisany1 Apr 25, 2014 10:53 AM
    rx7171 rx7171 Apr 28, 2014 2:54 PM Flag

    clinicaltrials.gov
    661 past and present studies on Myelofibrosis

  • Reply to

    Bizarre Volume

    by foomac27 Apr 24, 2014 11:56 AM
    rx7171 rx7171 Apr 24, 2014 12:38 PM Flag

    Frank Reynolds sells that many on a typical day.
    Is he the only one willing to sell at this price.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    To the Old Guard...

    by waitforit52 Apr 17, 2014 3:25 PM
    rx7171 rx7171 Apr 17, 2014 5:03 PM Flag

    Wait. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him. Stage of disease at diagnososis is critical right now and with luck no sign in lymph nodes. PET scan usually done to help diagnosis since Melanoma is a cancer type that due to its rapid growth can be imaged pretty well that way. Interferon for a month followed with lower dose for remainder of year is standard treatment if they feel the possibility of it having spread. Really trying to put the immune system into overdrive hoping it can cope with disease.
    I personally was diagnosed as Stage III 1N when a lymph node came up in my neck.
    Never did find origin on my skin.
    Interferon makes you feel like having the flu, and after I was moved to low dose another six weeks in I was starting with heart arythmia so I was taken off it. Man it felt good to be off it.
    After researching on PubMed I decided to take 4 Grams of Curcumin (Tumeric) daily. Over the counter "herbal" that is available cheap on line. My Oncologist was ok with it so maybe it made a difference.
    As a rule I'm very sceptical on most claims for herbals but it has a lengthy number of research articles that to my mind were compelling, and with no evidence of negative affects at even twice the dose I take.
    In my case its been six years and my annual PET scan keeps coming clean so even if his diagnosis is pretty bad there is hope, especially if ONCS can be brouht to market.

  • rx7171 rx7171 Apr 14, 2014 10:37 PM Flag

    My senior year in high school in 1965 I restored a 1948 Indian Warrior. Sold it when I went to college.
    Seven years ago with kids grown and married I figured it safe to get another.
    The bike I lusted after in college was the Norton Commando 750.
    I wanted a project bike to restore so found one one state away and took a couple of years to restore, delayed due to bout of advanced Melanoma.
    Bike is a thing of beauty and goes like stink. No electric start so I get a lot of looks just firing it up, :o)

  • Reply to

    Okarma Canned Already from Asterias

    by odetotoritori Apr 12, 2014 1:49 AM
    rx7171 rx7171 Apr 14, 2014 7:38 PM Flag

    The press release does hint at a need for fiscal restraint and Tom's inclination to take Geron in so many directions, all years away from the market contributed to Geron's financing crisis.
    So maybe the BOD was looking for someone more willing to focus on getting into the clinic and to market ASAP.
    However I don't kid myself to think either will be soon as they have very little cash and are searching for others to finance their programs.

    Sentiment: Hold

NVIV
1.12-0.02(-1.75%)2:04 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.