um……..high cure rate for seniors was a pretty big deal to hear about. They are the ones that get sick easily. They are the ones that need the right medicine…….and quickly. The doctors will notice this fact and see Soli as the only only choice. And an oral , to the community no less. Very surprised it was a " sell on news story ". They will not steal my shares. Cemp up a buck tomorrow.
Reread my post. I didn't say they did. I said an aggressive fund would/could trade Cemp . You made a big effort and wrote a lot of words just to say funds take profits.
On May 14, 2015, Aisling Capital II, LP ("Aisling") distributed 1,100,000 shares of Common Stock (the "Shares") of Cempra, Inc. (the "Issuer") to its general and limited partners on a pro-rata basis.
I don't see anywhere where they have actually sold some shares but they were/are Cemps biggest share holder. I can see a fund selling some shares when the pps hit 40 as it was a nice run and some analysts may have feared a bio correction. If they did sell some shares they may feel there was time to buy back in again cheaper which actually did happened as Cemp has bounced hard off 32 a cple of times. The majority of the major share holders have not budged. Actually…. State St, Blackrock, BB biotech, Fmr LLC ,Vanguard,times square capital, have all added shares last quarter and have well over a million shares each. Very few have sold anything.
Without a blockbuster test CGIX will always be a " break even" company. Its the cervical test or bust really. Im guessing a secondary before any big sales numbers because without health payers on board this thing will always bleed $$$$$
I think the message is clear. Pharma will not develop new antibiotics until they are paid what they deserve. A Cancer drug gets 40,000 a yr to improve OS by 5 months yet a 100% cure of a deadly bacteria gets 1500. There is a bill on the floor and it will almost certainly pass the senate. Cemp is in the sweet spot as Soli will be marketed at about the same time. I mean…if you were a Senator and understood that there were no new antibiotics in 20 yrs with resistant strains rampant and terrorists developing bio threats what would you do.
We were thinking 4-7 months from now but if the interest rates keep creeping up an acquireer will be in a big hurry to do this deal. Bio's are getting huge buy out premiums and Cemp will be no different. It may actually happen way sooner than we thought. I hear there may be a new tid bit of news at CAPO. Cheers
They will never steal my shares….EVER.
Fun thought………..Cemp announces they are seeking buyers. Let the bidding begin and cemp would not sell off huge if Bio has a big correction.
I agree with your timing although I think the buy out is my like 90%. All I know is………I would have hated to be a GEVA shareholder that sold all my shares trying to time these bio corrections. Imagine waking up today after you sold yesterday. Even if you time a bio correction correctly you will lose out on the big payoff. CEMP could be sold tomorrow. Seriously. Gono and SOLI IV are basically a slam dunk. Merck could pay up right now! Im not missing out. They will not steal my shares.
30-32 may hold. But Its May. It will be interesting. Im loving it personally. Im begging for 26-28 for last load up but we will see.
Im not sure I understand your question. Cowan is quite aware that the IV is probably a slam dunk but they can not price it in to there PPS model. Things can go wrong but withToyama Chemical Company providing the expertise in this area I am 100% confident. Soli IV is a pretty big deal actually. Pricing for IV in hospital gets premium $$ and doctors just love step down with the same drug. A huge catalyst will be the subject pricing of anti biotics thru the senate. If it gets headlines it will be a huge spike in Cemp PPS. I can picture Merck buying Cemp and then them offering big $$$ to be added to senators campaign funds. If Cemp goes alone it will pass anyway because pharma won't develop antibiotics until its changes.
Simply put…..they were late to the party. They finally bought plenty of shares on the last 2 sell offs so they are now in the green but it seems they may want more. They are the type of analysts that wouldn't price in Gono or a buy out. They may put a percent probability on soli IV as it is common knowledge IV is more efficient drug delivery and oral was stellar. They will raise the number after Gono. Cheers.
Yup. Looks like slight delay is getting traders out of the stock. Some may see it as dead money now as Gono is the only catalyst left and a few months away. Gono will be on time and good data so Im still buying dips.
Double bottom? Cemp oversold? Good earnings call ? Not a bad entry point. I added yesterday but Im hoping to make my last big purchase at 26-28. Which won't happen unless we get the 10% correction that some are hoping for. Lots of peeps want back in to the market and Cemp is a steal under 30.