We should see a press release from techfaith that they have applied for, and have received an extension to their NASDAQ out-of-compliance issue..... At least get that out of the way. Then its off to earnings in mid March.
Your assumptions about the Chinese and to a lesser extent, global mobile phone market, is in need of more due diligence. In china, mobile phones are a cutthroat, over supplied, cheap business. Its a very difficult market to make money in. Techfaith leadership has acknowledged this on more than one occasion. Outside of China, there are other challenges in terms of the competition, and other country's economies.
I expect to see a press release regarding the application for, or the approval of, a NASDAQ extension. If not, then we know where this stock is headed, and how the CEO feels about access to western capital markets.
Sarcasm should be of no surprise for a stock that has lost money for 16 consecutive quarters.
The retrace in price back to where it was before the volume run up, seems to contradict your assessment.
OOPS. Guess that pop was swing trader activity rather than buy and hold...... Not surprised, happens a lot with this stock.
If it can close at or above the current ask of .81, and not retrace for the rest of the week, we may be on our way back to a buck (or more). if it can't hold its gain, the activity is just traders trying to make a fast buck.
within the next 75 days, if they don't want to get delisted. Sitting on their hands and hoping a few press releases will drive the stock back into compliance, won't cut it. If they can't get the PPS up to $1, their last option might be to request an extension from NASDAQ.