We knew this would be painful, and it is somewhat painful, but it also helps them settle some of the debt and obtain a decent amount of cash that will hopefully cover the company until sales volumes increase to more sustainable levels. Aquarius Opportunity Fund is the purchaser of the the $4m offering. They are an investment firm located in Singapore and has strong ties India.
that's the way dilution works. if you have 10 shares outstanding, and they're trading at $1, and then you do a secondary to add 10 additional shares at $0.50, value dilution suggests the stock should be trading around $0.75, not $0.50.
it would be interesting to see franklin or paulson walk away. they would have a hard time avoiding a situation where they create their own losses due to their sizable positions and reporting requirements...an exit by one of those would send a pretty nasty signal. but, it's possible he resigned simply because he's leaving paulson...who knows?
in-store mobile and near-store mobile advertising are both something that i have been mentioning here for a couple of years, and it will greatly change the digital advertising space in a way that dxm will not be able to keep up with. to show that it's on the verge of becoming real, facebook has been experimenting with bluetooth beacons that can be placed inside of stores to send advertising for that store to mobile phones in the vicinity. google facebook bluetooth beacon to see what i'm talking about.
in this history of this company, there have been probably fewer than 50 out of tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands sales personnel that have actually seen tremendous growth opportunities come to fruition.
things could possibly get tricky for them this time around. after 30 days of trading below $1, they'll get a deficiency notice. they have 180 days to gain compliance after that. if, at the end of 180 days, they don't gain compliance, they can get another 180 day extension as long as they meet all of the other continued listing requirements, including market cap. there are 3 continued listing standards that they can choose to abide by. among other things, all three standards require a $1 bid price. one standard requires only $5m of market cap, but it also requires $10m of stockholder's equity. they fail that one due to their stockholder's deficit. the other two standardsboth require $15m of market cap, and they're currently sitting at only $12m of market cap. so, they are not only out of compliance for the $1 bid price requirement, but they're also out of compliance for the $15m market cap requirement. they could potentially do a reverse split to get their bid price back above $1, but that would likely cause further deterioration in market cap, making it even more difficult to meet that requirement. in this situation, they could request a transfer from the nasdaq global select market to the nasdaq capital market, but they may have ongoing problems meeting those continued listing requirements as well. if they continue on this same trajectory, they will likely hit the otc market sooner rather than later...they're going to have to have some positive news in the very near future to avoid it.
unfortunately, i think you're right about time being a critical factor with the age of the technology. this technology has been around for quite a while now...this fda decision has a lot more ramifications than simply delaying the us market for another year or more.
well said, king. i don't expect to see any significant recovery in digital ad sales this quarter. i'm still shocked that they decreased 30% in q1....i'll be shocked again if they're that bad this quarter, but i certainly don't expect to see them post any gains in digital ad sales. last quarter was a game changer...if they don't recover from that in the very near future (meaning, they have to be coming out with some positive guidance in q2 and show it happening in q3), things are likely to unfold quickly.
what do you think the company will be able to achieve for sales for the remainder of this year, and what do you think their prospects are for obtaining financing and surviving?
i'll be amazed if they break over $2m in revenue for the year. i'm not sure either way on financing, honestly. however, i am pretty sure that any financing arrangements will be significantly less favorable than the arrangements they have made over the last 2 years.
with a million dollar order in the very near future, i stand my ground. with multiple million dollar orders VERY soon, i'll agree with you. the former is a possibility. color me skeptical enough on the latter to not consider it a possibility.
i'm not sure if a $1m order would take it back to pre fda levels or not. i tend to think it would stabilize no higher than around $0.12 or so. the issue of financing a company that is struggling to survive is still going to hold this down for a while. regardless of how much people try to downplay it, the fda decision was a devastating blow...a lot of financing options was hinging on that decision, even if you only want to consider the warrants. but, realistically, an fda approval would have brought a lot more investor interest to the company, and it would have given them a much better opportunity to conduct a successful secondary offering that would have carried the company for quite a while.
they are seeking a 50m increase to raise the number of authorized shares to 245m, yet they currently have around 110m shares outstanding. it's a pretty safe bet that they are planning to issue a significant number of shares sometime soon.
people have talked about valuing the shares as a call option a few times on this board...it wouldn't make sense for that to happen.