Gillie, seems you have answered 3 times, but he can't answer your question about long term, or for that matter mine about soon. So, we can figure his definition of long term and soon are one and the same, he has no idea.
Now maybe we put it another way that is more in tune with MBS' idea on investing. MBS, you have 4 quarters in a tin can, you buy four shares of stock. You now have no quarters in the can and 4 shares of stock. Your stock goes down 100%, so now you have no quarters in the can, and no shares of stock, all the while screaming buy, buy, buy, X dollars coming soon ! booya skidaddy!
And, others would say only a fool wouldn't have taken some profits when it was in the mid $11 range, and only screamed buy buy buy, $13 coming soon, booooya skidaddy!
Oh, and what is your definition of "soon"?
And, can I get a "booyaaaaaah skidaddy?
Actually wmbs, I was talking about your prediction that RF was a $12 stock, but alas, I was incorrect, and I am sorry for my error.
whartonmba99 • Jun 4, 2014 12:08 PM Flag
0 users liked this posts users disliked this posts 2
stay in the game, booyaaaaaaah skidaddy.
13 dollars coming soon.
You actually predicted $13. On that day RF traded between $10.36 and 10.56. Now, it aint even trading there.
Gillie, I agree, but sometimes I read whartmbs' post when I offline and shake my hed just thinkng, have y ever heard of a talking horse? Well I am mr ed
Dang, saw this when I wasn't signed in and didn't realize how long it would take to unblock and respond. Anyhow, whartmbs, since I sold some around $11.50, and you were screaming buy $12 plus here we come, you have actually only gone from down 13.92% ($9.95) 50 down 11.22% ($10.21), while I took some proceeds bought some VZ (they gave me a raise the other day), alas, my yield is better and figure best we can hope for is $11.00, still leaving yer screaming buy buy buy down $0.50. OK so, now you are back on ignore. Well, as soon as I give ya a thumbs down.
Well, nothing is impossible with RF if the past is any indication, but I don't see a drop to under $9.00, but short away old mule, short. whartmbs said $12 (not sure if he has changed his guess to date), so between the 2 of you maybe $10.50. Me, think $11.25 - $11.50 still doable, but right now anything near $11.00 will make me happy.
Damn, hope it works OK, but, decided I was gonna try ARR, yield outrageous, 14% plus, sustainable, seems better that 50/50. Unless something happens bad, plan is 3 equal investmentsm August, October and December. Going to reinvest dividneds, and see what happens. Pay monthly, so let the stock god be with me, and, no I don't mean you wartmbs,
Tend to agree Chick, that's why I bought up the fact RF hit the 2% yield mark. Growth is in the future, but not until Feds start to raise rates, so until then, best buy something that pays you a little better while you're waiting. Got to say, am starting to doubt my year end target number.
I agree Chick, been here since the 90's, bought some and sold some, bought some more and sold some more, but never xited out of RF, don't mean I am not a long on RF. Still holding some, even bought some in my ROTH, so if that ain't long don't know what long is. Tell ya what though, breaks $9.50, I be buying back in then. Thinking 1/3 - 1/4 at a time. Can still see $11's, and still see a dividend boost next year.
Chick, even I didn't expect a fall this bad when I sold around the mid $11 mark, and was lambasted by some, well maybe one, and called a basher. Me, been here a long time, and now getting really tempted to get more. Vacation starts next Frifay, over the 25th, so won't, well most likely, do anything until I return. Like the yield currently for RF, and think increase be announced early next year, so YOC will look better. Still think GE a better bet, and Mattel hit my radar today.
Like I said, I am still sitting on the proceeds from my sale of RF in my Roth account, and when the time is right, will use it for RF purchase. Hence, I wil end up with more shares than I had when I sold some. Now, with that said, any number of "better" investment might catch my eye before RF is a buy to me, so, may use those proceeds to redeploy elseswhere. Basically it all depends on how you use the proceed.
Also, sold some of my MRK going into earnings at $58.12, and that cash is sitting on the sidelines also. Markets like this one, always nice to have cash available.
Well, I for one am glad that when RF was up to around $11.50, I sold off some due to my analysis, calcualations and available information showing it's price had gotten ahead of itself. There for, me, compared to you, and your hold long-term, I am sitting better off between shares and cash from proceeds to redeploy. Right now I saved myself $1.50/share. Now, if the dividend yield was higher, I may have opted out of selling, but, selling higher and buyingback more at a lower price brings me more shares, and therefore, more dividend income. RF is still now screaming buy to me, but, am itchy trigger finger on KO, GE, MRK, OMI, and almost there would be F, PEP and VZ. I'll stick with my method of taking available information, analysis and calculations TYVM.
Without going in to detail on my calculations, I know they offend many anyhow, have made my revisions. Target price for year end between $11.25 - $11.40, next years dividend about $0.24 - $0.26. Down from $11.50 - $11.75, and $0.26 - $0.28 respectively.
The heck, cant say what I really mean due to who knows, with you group of cheapspamturds. Move along ya'll ignored