1. Mr. “It’s Complicated”: This trader loves to have the most complicated elaborate charts with as many signals as will fit or the most complex trading method imaginable with too many rules to even keep track of. He needs it all: Macro economy, currencies, unemployment, inflation, theories, graphs, charts, volume, option chains, “big hands”, “small hands”, open interest, FED minutes, and on an on along with a watch list that takes hours to get through.
2. The Naive Trader: This is the young newbie trader that wanders into a group of seasoned traders and starts expounding what they learned about finance in college from books and think they are experts in trading having never really traded any account worth more than a few thousand dollars. Their naivete makes them dangerous to themselves because they don’t even know they are ignorant and have a very superficial understanding of only some of the very basic concepts is takes to trade successfully.
4. The Flame Throwing Troll: This guy likes to cause drama and frustrate others for his own amusement. If nothing particularly nasty is going on, he’ll whip out his flamethrower and burn everyone in his path, especially real trading denizens that really tout risk management, trader psychology, and trading actual price action instead of predicting.
The article is too long to post all 10 in their entirety, but you see these all the time on here. Full article is posted at NewTraderU.
3. The Permanent Bear: No matter what the market is doing this troll is uber bearish all the time no matter what. They spend all day seeing everything that happens as proof that they are right by twisting the facts and they never give up their opinion and the first time it looks like they are right they gloat all day long until they are wrong again.
6. The Whine Baby Troll: If someone corrects, questions, or points out flaws in their reasoning of the Crybaby, they will become hysterical and swear they are leaving the group never to return. Of course, you’ll see them three days or three months later. The Crybaby often tells on you to the administrators and swears their going to get you kicked out of the group. [You have been reported to Yahoo!]
9. The Drive By: The ‘trader’ that posts some kind of spam on social media trying to sell everyone something but never interacts with anyone.
Moved 25% into cash and 10% into preferred stocks before this sell off started. Not to brag because I wasn't trying to time the market, but if this minor pullback turns into something bigger I'm happy to have some dry powder. It won't be as much as I'd like because real life beckons, but it'll be enough to take advantage of any panic.
You're angry at "the crooks on Wall St" when the stock goes up. You're angry at "the crooks on Wall St" when the stock goes down. Sounds like you're just an angry person.
By the way, the warming trend on Pluto was observed at least as least as recently as 2002. Didn't you say that global warming stopped in 1998? Hmm... somebody hasn't thought this all the way through.
No one said Earth has no wobble or tilt, but you've never been able to debate coherently or honestly. Mainstream climatologists have observed that Mars is warming because of it's tilt, while the Earth is warming because of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. There's is nothing contradictory or hypocritical in that statement, doofus.
First of all, my last comment was a joke, ET.
And you're right. It is an easy question. Too bad you never bothered looking for the answer: The mainstream theory is that climate changes on Mars can be explained primarily by small alterations in the planet's orbit and tilt.
TA-DA! You keep lining 'em up, I keep knocking 'em down.
"Mars warmed in conjunction with the earth. How is that possible?"
Why don't you phone home and ask them yourself?
In general, I think it's wrong to blame market movements on any one factor. There are as many reasons for buying or selling a stock as there are investors in the market.
First of all, global warming and climate change are two separate terms, referring to two separate phenomena. The Earth absorbs heat (global warming), which leads to changes in climate. They are not interchangeable, even though they are sometimes used that way in everyday conversation.
Secondly (and hilariously), it was actually a REPUBLICAN political strategist named Frank Luntz who famously circulated a memo among CONSERVATIVE politicians telling them to use the term "climate change". In his own words: "Climate change sounds less frightening than global warming." The memo is readily available online if you want to read it for yourself.
Seriously, guys. If you insist on reading the denier pseudo-science and conspiracies, at least counter-balance that with mainstream sources of information on the topic.
Bush the Younger... now there was a man who listened to his gut and wasn't afraid to make bold decisions. Too bad those qualities lead us into an unnecessary trillion dollar war with the goal of eliminating stockpiles of WMD's that didn't exist, and upended the balance of power in the Middle East. True, it was the biggest strategic blunder of our generation. But hey! At least the buck stopped with him, right? Right?