I think you may be right.. It is going up with the rest of the biotechs not because of its own merit... I have puts which almost doubled.. I am going to sell them and wait for a bounce back to above 85 (it may not happen) before I buys puts again... But this will be a sub 20 dollar stock once/if FDA approval is granted... Market for their lead drug is too small imo.
WRONG... Ibrutinib and J&J have taken PCYC from low levels to 150.. Duggiehouser's complete lack of management has taken the company from 150 down to 80 dollars.. He is incompetent. Go to glassdoor and check out the management poor performance... Take your head out of arss.
what a dumb comment about "missing"... You have no clue about the potential sales of this drug. It may go to 90's but not because of the drug but because of management.
Can't believe anyone would risk buying this company. Even assuming they have a great drug, finding patients for this disease is hard and doesn't justify the market cap IMO. Interested in hearing others. It has broken through its 200 DMA and now could potentially be in free fall.
I had the exact same experience...I really think I had knee damage because of cramped spaces they make you fit into. I will NEVER fly them guys again. It's a dump with low class flight attendants as well as 80% of passangers... Not to mention all the fees that they charge..
You are kidding right? Did you REALLY think that wall street didn't think approval was in the bag? OMG. Get with the program.. and for ALL those people who "excited" about refractory CLL and Mantle cell... This is ALL KNOWN to physicians who have been prescribing it OFF label for the past several months!!!! The key for ibrutinib is approval for Follicular/DLBCL and Myeloma.. The results are not as robust for MM thus far.
What they need is proper management.. They suck. They have done a horrible job of marketing themselves. If it weren't for ibrutinib being such a great drug, these guys would have lost 75% of stock value. There is no employee satisfaction either which concerns me about loss of their talent. Their board of directors needs to start asking questions... And for Pete's sake, why can't they announce a date for their Quarterly income. I tried calling but they won't answer their phones at IR.
Stop talking nonsense please. People on Ibrutinib DO relapse and they will be candidates for Idelalisib. Sure it has more side effects but it will be successful as well. Ibrutinib will obviously be used first line. ABT-199 is an INCREDIBLY powerful drug. We are learning on how to administer it (reduced dose, after initial chemo, TLS prophylaxis prior etc...)... But that's a formidable competitor that has sometime to go before it is on the market.
Tha's because you are not in the field and did not know the side effects of the drug. So an average Joe doesn't know but the rest of the oncology community and henece big investors did. Idelalisib is a good runner up to Ibrutinib but as it currently stands not even close to ibru. The bump on 2x vol, I don't think was because of idelalisib.
I actually think this announcement is the perfect example of continuing shadiness of the management. Hession is NO different that any other previous manager. They certainly need to hold on to their cash since they are burning through it like never before. This is just smoke and mirrors for a desperate compnay to keep its stock price up in the anticipation of bad news coming out. They were hoping for bigger bounce with short-covering and unfortunately for them, they didn't get it.
Ok here it goes.. Initially I thought it was a combination of PBYI meteoric rise and GILD's drug getting black box warning but the same % rise was not seen in other biotechs so I don't think it was PBYI. GILD's blackbox warning was known to everyone who knows the field and that is not a surprise.
I think the fact volume and increase in price suggests there maybe a buyout in the works. Company hasn't announced the date of earnings either which is kind of strange. SO.... I am hopeful.
Having said that I have been wrong 100% in my trading with PCYC and I went long on Aug 115 calls today, So it si extremely likely that a) there is no buyout or b) the buyout wil take place a day after my calls go worthless...