That is the question. How can we get any insight as to what is going on? Anybody know? Please post if so.
My gut feeling is that after breaking up the pfizer deal they will be more inclined to let this happen. But we are left out in the dark which is enough to justify this price because of risk. IMO
without knowing the specifics your are asking for I would say the chance of the allergan deal being nixed is part of what is holding the stock back.. The eppipen generic failure is also a factor rightfully weighing on the stock. I'm holding my positions but not backing up the truck. For what little that is worth. GLTA
I read that 20% or more of purchase price, depending on the price of mylan at close, is to be funded with stock. As mylan drops in price that percentage will go up. My point is that whatever earnings the deal can add will be directly diluted by more stock and debt. Not to mention bad PR with existing stock holders. I am NOT a short and in fact have been looking for an opportunity to buy. But over and over again management has proven their vision is myopic. GLTA
As to Teva sweetening the offer, not going to happen. That idea is what kept long time mylan holders from selling at $70. I.e. they wanted $80. I do like this companies business prospects but with current management I could not buy at $45. They are in it for themselves. IMHO.