great point lost on the loons on this board. price is attractive on long term basis, short term is bearish given sentiment
worst performing stock in my portfolio over last year, would dump it but will likely get bought out the day after i sell, i will give it one more year
possibly but not a great investment strategy for long holders, will hold through winter, if no movement, will dump and move into sti, pnc, and c
I've been on this board for few months, position was 35k shares at 95c, and sold entire position today at 56c, took 14k loss. My rationale is largely based on lack of trust in monif management to accomplish their guidance. I generally buy stocks with a good outlook 3-5 years from now. When Visa, a powerhouse in the industry, clearly stated that they are developing in house technology to compete, the long term prognosis of monif was likely compromised. Groups would rather work with brand names like visa. Moreover, they are not involved with aapl pay to any extent. While ibm is a plus, they are not a major player in this area.
Finally, I think the payoff here is many years away and think there is equivalent chance of losing entire investment on downside/reverse split. Sometimes its better to take loss and use the money elsewhere. Good luck to long term holders here.
come on, please don't make up information to support your thesis. no pro ever tells you when they are covering or shorting. This is bs speculation
technicals not solely used in analysis but helpful, I am encouraged by Cooperman holding, I really like his methodology. I will likely just hold. I was waiting since last thursday to see what he would do. He owns 12% of company
I didnt sell into panic last week, but think this is purely the 20% technical bounce i talked about last week, which typically happens. Question now is to sell or see if gap to 69c is filled
two issues in the intermediate term which are somewhat bearish are the 50 million plus shares coming onto market from visa and bulls or supposed bulls talking it up so they can exit. Kass has done this in the past. if he is pumping too much, it should indicate exit sign.
I didn't see headline but typically it doesn't work out to sell into collapse and yesterday low rsi, if you wait a couple weeks, you can get 10% back, so this is relatively typical. I still plan on selling within next couple weeks, I don't have the multiyear horizon for this investment which it requires. Plus I need the tax loss to take against gains.
let's say they are successful than it has to be from organic growth, not betting on buyout which seems limited in upside. this becomes a highly speculative play then given several down guidance this year.
reward is 30% upside if bought out, which is about 60c, and could take years if not ever happen, risk is that it goes down more reverse splits, and loses another 50% value, and eventual stagnation or bankrupt. what am i missing on the upside which makes this not a sell for a long holder
none of us can be sure that cooperman/kass havent sold out. ramimd lives too much off projections by company/analysts in the distant future, this is fraught with peril. typically after a plunge like this, the stock will move around 5% for weeks go up about 15-20 putting it near 55 c, and then collapse again. my planned exit is mid 50 c, the rsi is too low to sell now
My 2 cents: 1) they obtained the technology to reproduce monif in house 2) by publicly announcing they are selling their stake now valued at around 35m, they are taking some loss (pennies for a multibillion company) but more importantly invalidating monif as major player (as visa is the premier credit payment company) and possibly will drive monif into bankruptcy. consequently, they will simply take over their previous business with in house tech. Otherwise, this will crash the stock so far down, they can buy for pennies on the dollar by choking them off. Classic shark business,
hoping a company gets bought out is not a strategy, ibm can easily just wait this out and watch in tag 20c then buy, realistically they have to start revving up business or its over, with the latter favored. Kicking myself for not selling at 51 today, typically stocks will double bottom so will see 43 c tomorrow, if it doesn't bounce there, free fall will continue.
was working, didnt put in sell order since i just got back. decided to give it one or two days. in my 15 year history with market, it has always been mistake to sell with rsi at 25,
how would you respond to the fact that visa is going to dump about 60 million shares onto market? whose going to buy those when they flood market in a name with huge dilution already? This broke its all time low today and its conceivable it could go to 20 cents (not joking or trying to be mean). if someone will give me 50c i am out
for those one living on their last desperate hopes of buyout by ibm. at best, it would be 60c, so this is a no win situation short and long term unless they have organic growth (and they have downguided several times)