CIEN consensus for 2015 earnings is $1.21. That's a 20 p/e.
INFN consensus for 2015 earnings is $0.64. That's a 36 p/e.
The real question is why is he here again-especially after predicting "CIEN to $12 a short time ago?
See Dumbo just because CIEN traded at $150 in 2000 doesn't mean it deserved to. It was yesteryear's Netflix.
At least our CEO was smart enough at the time not to tout his ridiculous market cap as a reason CIEN was better than everyone else!
Seems the customers that matter don't care about BS awards either. Ciena's superior technology speaks for itself.
That and $2.00 gets you on the subway in NYC, lol!
Ciena"s revenue is $2.5 billion with operating margins of 10%
The little company that couldn't (INFN) revenue of 800 million and operating margins of 10%.
Seems the customers that matter want Ciena gear Dumbo!
"isn't it time to go back over to the INFN board and congratulate each other over your Tier 3 Russian ISP wins"
lol! lol!! funny stuff calbears!
Dumbo here are the facts:
INFN 10% operating margins on $770 million in sales.
CIEN 9-10% operating margins on $2.4 Billion in sales.
any more margin related questions?
well said inportlandd.
Street may finally be realizing that this upgrade cycle will continue for years.
* CIEN : Big beat and strong guide.
* Ciena's fiscal 2Q15 revenue rose 11% year-over-year and 17% sequentially, and handily topped management's guidance.
* Revenue benefitted from 20% plus growth in converged packet optical solutions, driven by demand from carriers seeking to integrate more capabilities and layers in converged networks.
* Beyond its successes with tier 1 and tier 2 carriers, Ciena now derives 1/3 of its revenue from non-Telco customers, led by cable MSO's and with particular strength in webscale customers.
* While CIEN shares are outperforming the market and the peer group this year, the addition of fast growing Cyan and strength in the company's core business suggest that the stock remains an attractive buying opportunity even at higher levels.
CFO jim Moylan responding to a question from Wells fargo analyst:
"Could we do better than 5% growth? Yes"
Equinix, Digital Realty and 3 of the top 5 web 2.0 companies!
Don't worry Dumbo, INFN can still sell to Russian resellers, and the tier 3 customers, lol!
Guides Q3 revs to $610-640mm. Mid point of 625 compares to 632 consensus.
Dumbo is confused.....anyone surprised he thinks "$610mm"??
remember when he called for "$12" and "$9"? He does.
That's why he has a new id!
*CIEN adding SDN & NFV software capabilities with Cyan buy.
*Cyan combined with existing SDN/NFV assets will enable Ciena to accelerate its time to market for a complete on-demand solution for virtualized networks and services in an open eco-system.
*Cyan's Blue Planet SDN/NFV Orchestration platform has already been adopted by the nations third largest carrier, Centurylink.
reiterates buy- $25 target. Looks like they will be raising that price target again on 6/4....
"short right here ($15). It's a $14 stock until earnings then $12" -imagine4example
Now here we are 6 months later with CIEN nearly double the 12 prediction of our board 'tard.
That's all anyone needs to know about him--other than the dozen or so equally dense aliases he masquerades as!