Wasn't really a walk down…because about 80,000 shares traded just over 20 cents……in a few trades…they weren't 200 share "print scam downs". Actually, someone played a "mark up" game….and bought 1,000 near the bell up 2 cents from those 20 cents prints.
I assume that 80,000 or so sold at 20 cents was a long seller? But it would be very interesting if it turns out to be an opening short sale on that downtick print. Don't know. we'll see what FINRA stats say for the day.
There was, what the Brits call…a 'Scoping Meeting"….I said jan 7…but correction, it was January 8…..but this whole British process is so different than anything we do here.. All these different agencies are involved….and all these papers and pre - meetings, and postings. So I can't say how long it woudl be after the January meeting. But we also saw that there is a sub group called the 'Borders Group"….. they meet every other month, on the second Wednesday.so that woudl but their meeting a week from today….Feb 12…..but I can't say for sure just what power this Borders Group has….it reads like they do Scotland.
It is interesting to see British Bureaucracy in action. I thought USA was bad….but the Brits have NHS, NICE, UKMI and Borders groups…all in on this TB 4 action.
It can't be THAt long away from decision.…as RGRX mgmt knows the details better than us, time & decision wise..and RGRX did the latest band aid to get them thru (close) february.
the thing that intrigues me most is that RGRX seems unwilling to sell shares to raise desperately needed survival money.at 25 cents. RGRX has previously sold stock at the 15 cent level in PIPE deals…why is RGRX not willing to do so now at 25 cents? They have literally no money in the bank. Which all then points to the possible England approval…you think it is a #$%$ shoot. But on the face of it, RGRX mgmt doesn't think it that big a #$%$ shoot..otherwise they would be selling stock right now to raise money. RGRX mgmt is looking at England. If they thought the chances slim to none there, they would sell stock right now. They aren't. So RGRX mgmt seems to have more confidence that you. I'm tempted to buy more, but haven't , yet.
I hope it is a comforting sign that RGRX has not filed a stock sale registration (S-4) with the SEC yet. One would think that any all but broke biotech, that saw it's ahares go from 5 to 25 cents..with just a handful of thousands $ in the bank account..woud soon file to sell millions of shares at the 25 cent level. But they have not…yet, anyways. Hopeful sign? MAybe RGRX is waiting on bigger news? Like this stuff going on in England, which could come out with news sometime soon? RGRX is waiting on some kind of news. And if they aren't rushing to sell stock when the price is up 500%…..are they waiting for more? We still are only a $19 million market cap. If it is an England marketing approval decison for TB 4 in dry eye, with NICE….then that news would put RGRX's market cap a handful of multiples (easy) beyond our current $19 million market cap. I take it a hopeful sign…NO registration to sell stock at 25 cent level..…(so far). Something bigger may be hoped for? I think RGRX is gambling on that. Don't tell the MM's - who are shorting RGRX..RGRX seems not willing to sell shares at 25 cents.
53,500 shorted yesterday..almost 1/3rd of total volume. Not sure if NITE was active….there are other MM's around now, who also think that any, and ever..y…penny stock biotech is a POS…..and just short them all with impunity. Actually, if you did that with 100 penny stock biotech's…..you made (make??) good money……You'd lose on a few….but overall..…they all go down….and comfort is that most other MM's think the same way. So they all play the same game & way. Short. So they all will act to try and cap moves.
It's absolutely hilarious that the SEC now reports that the "official short interest" in RGRX is 0……..ZERO….not one single…. solitary…. 25 cent share….. is short in RGRX.
There were TWO patents in the neuro area file. One by Henry Ford, one by RGRX. RGRX was slighty ahead. Henry ford filed under their name, but did so under the auspices of the RGRX legal firm. HF did not assign theirs to RGRX. The HF patent was give a rejection at USPO. So far, HF has not replied to that..so after a certain amount of time, the USPO considers it abandoned. RGRX was given the patent. You might not see it yet because RGRX got a "notice of allowance"…which is different than "patent issued"..because RGRX has some paperwork and fees to do first.
Damn Yahoo won't allow links to be pasted. So try this, you can see and maybe youy google a snippet off it to find it exactly, then you can click on TB 4 for dry eye.
"Proposed Technology Appraisals
These are the topics which the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence has been invited to appraise. For each proposed appraisal, the table gives the suggested remit, the dates of the consultation on that remit, an e-mail address to send any enquiries to regarding the proposed appraisal, and links to any documents being consulted on in addition to the suggested remit.
Atrial fibrillation (non-valvular, stroke and embolism prevention) - edoxaban tosylate
Breast cancer (adv, taxane resist) - vinflunine (w capecitabine)
Breast cancer - bevacizumab (w trastuzumab & chemo, adjuvant)
Cardiovascular events - cangrelor (with surgery)
Cardiovascular events (secondary prev) - vorapaxar
Constipation (opioid induced) - naloxegol
Crohns (mod, active) - adalimumab (2nd)
Crohns (mod, sev, active) - vedolizumab (2nd line)
Dry eye syndrome - thymosin beta-4 & ciclosporin A"
I do not see where the NICE talks of doing a "trial"…the NICE says they have four choices after their review….They approve the drug….they grant limited use of the drug….they allow the drug only for research purposes…or they reject the drug for all uses.
Seeing how TB 4 is totally safe…..I don't think the options of "limited use" or "only research use" would apply….I think they either approve TB 4 for dry eye , or reject it. But teh data presented to NICE was the datat that was over the top good…and teh seriopus dry eye tests. The NICE didn't seem that concerned about the tiny sub section of cornea (the inferior) where statistical wasn't seen. They appear more impressed with the over the top good data seen in the central corneal region.
RGRX mgmt should not be silent on this possible TB 4 marketing approval meeting with NICE (it seems).
I am halted by yahoo. I CANNOT post the link. I'm sorry. I tried THREE times. TB 4 is being reviewed for it seems approval, under BATCH 34 drug group, and the final SCOPING meeting was held January 7 in the afternoon in London. You just have to dig or trust me. Yahoo stinks in they halt any link posting..it is too long.
Here is why I thinbk it is a marketing APPROVAL and not just recommending a final" trial". because the technology appraisal does not talk of trial, but they give RECOMMENDATIONS….of which trhere are four. Recommend for use…."optimize" (only for limited or special cases)….or only to be used in research…..or rejected. Below is how they phrased it:
"Each technology appraisal may contain more than one recommendation. We classify our recommendations into four categories:
• only in research
The final info meeting (or scoping meeting) was Jany7 7 in London. If it helps, TB 4 is listed in BATCH 34 of medicines in review. All I can find is that NICE has reseleased results of medicines before them for BATCH 32.
Okay, I think I found more on NICE….it does read that they are considering TB 4 for marketing approval. But they don't make it easy to figure out. I did a lot of looking at what a "TECHNOLOGY APPREAISAL" is……it does not look like a new trial set up, but a meeting for marketing approval. read these snippets:
"Technology appraisals are recommendations on the use of new and existing medicines and treatments within the NHS, such as:
We base our recommendations on a review of clinical and economic evidence.
• Clinical evidence measures how well the medicine or treatment works.
Economic evidence measures how well the medicine or treatment works in relation to how much it costs the NHS - does it represent value for money?
NICE is asked to look at particular drugs and devices when the availability of the drug or device varies across the country. This may be because of different local prescribing or funding policies, or because there is confusion or uncertainty over its value. Our advice ends the uncertainty and helps to standardise access to healthcare across the country.
The NHS is legally obliged to fund and resource medicines and treatments recommended by NICE's technology appraisals.
Each technology appraisal may contain more than one recommendation. We classify our recommendations into four categories:
• only in research
Thbis SCOPING Workshop seems to be important. It was JAn 7 in London. But what th F is a scoping workshop? Brits are confusing:
"Linked below are the Technology Appraisal block scoping reports which have been submitted to the Department of Health. These reports summarise the results of consultation and scoping workshop discussions. This information helps ministers to decide whether or not a technology should be formally referred to NICE for appraisal and whether it should be referred as an MTA or an STA. If ministers decide to refer a technology, the technology is formally referred to NICE for appraisal along with the final remit.
Please note that any 'commercial in confidence' information has been removed."
found sone more info of the NICE in England. there was sometrhing they refer to as a "scoping" meeting in London on January 7. It is a PAIN that I cannot copy and paste links…….So I try to put this in from the PDF of what's relevant. TB 4 was looked at for much of Nov & dec already:
Dry eye syndrome - thymosin beta-4 & ciclosporin A
To appraise the clinical and cost effectiveness of thymosin beta-4 and ciclosporin within their licensed indications for treating dry eye syndrome.
Consultation on suggested remit, draft scope and provisional matrix of consultees and commentators
11 November 2013 - 9 December 2013
Tuesday 7 January 2014 (afternoon) in London
What I posted this weekend of the England stuff…you all have to make your own "read" of it. The Brits use very confusing phrasing. I've still no idea is their "appraisal"…..is an "appraisal" of TB 4 to do n approval trial..or if the "technology appraisal" is an appraisal for marketing approval.
IF RGRX mgmt would dislose what is going on there…I agree..the warrants would be an incredible play.. there is no way…. if TB 4 gets a marketing approval in Englnd for dry eye…..that RGRX stays with a $20 million market cap…..it would be multiples of that …overnight…..and the warrants would be in the money, easily.
But what th "F" is happening in Englnd with NICE??? Id it marketing approval or a final approval trial??
I don't know what my judgment call is……First it looks like the "technology appraisal" is a new trial done by them…..then it changes… reads like the "technology appraisal" isn't a trial, but an "appraisal" for a TB 4 marketing approval…….then there are other committees that meet "on the border"..…but they are NHS……but other meetings are with NICE..…all the while they get their info on TB 4 from the UKMI.
If it's coming from the NHS Borders Formulary….the next meeting is FEB 12….
just checked RGRX's short interest figures…..on Dec 31, the short interest was 6,800 shares….the January 14 figures show that they covered, and the SEC now reports that the RGRX short interest is…….0….really, ZERO…. shares. Not a single, solitary share is shorted in RGRX. But looking at the FINRA SHO figures in January show into SIX figures….on some single days..…were shorted. It's obviously a few market makers…NITE is prime suspect…that have shorted significatn amounts and just mark the short as a MM short…thus it is exempt from borrowing shares or reporting to SEC……when actually the rules say such trades are a POSITION trade short and should be moved out of the favored MM status account and into a different one , a regular trading account. But then the MM's lose MM favors..…like, they lose MM margin.…MM exemption from borrowing stock. and the MM has to report to SEC what they are short.
Shh…h…the SEC beieves there is not a SINGLE share short in RGRX.
This is all too confusing….the British are speakimg in 'Brit Speak". There is this group, NHS Borders Formulary Committee.which apears apart from the NICE group..but this Borders Formulary Committee does make drug approvals.. It looks like it represent Scotland..but there seems to be a large number of NHS groups similar for counties and cities…
Anyway, whatever it is….the NHS Borders Formulary Committee meets the 2nd Wednesday, every orther month. I checked the web, and saw the results from their last meeting (a handful of drugs were approved, a handful not)..and it was DECEMBER. So two months hence is FEBRUARY…and the 2nd Wednesday of the month… is Feb 12…..that is 10 days from now (9 from Monday if you read this then).
I can't say for sure just what the heck is going on there with this NHS Borders Formulary Committee…but they are doing something with TB 4.…and mgmt won't tell us. Maybe we see news on Feb 12…….which is also tidy in that RGRX did a band financing aid knowing that the money ($40,000) would run out…..just around the same Feb 12..when the NHS Borders Formulary Committee meets..
The word "licensing" is not an issue IMO. Over here, we take the word licensing as giving the drug to another company. The way I read it…in 'Brit Speak".when they refer to license, they are just saying that RGRX is providing Britain's NHS a license to buy TB 4 at a specified price..presemably in bulk The license is the price RGRX agrees to charge contractually for the TB 4…..to get into to tha nationwide formulary.
I assume that license price of TB 4 would have to be very financially attractive for the NHS, to get into nationwide formulary…and I bet a lot less than RGRX could get if it was ever approved here. But that doesn't matter….even assuming the lowest posible profit margin, it is REVENUE for RGRX. And RGRX with an approval - and revenue - would not equal RGRX staying at a $20 million market cap valuation. Thats the biggest issue. Any UK approval would bring in more investors and a higher market cap…..higher stock price and easier to raise new money.
I think when they refer to license, that is the agreement deal RGRX would make to provide TB 4 into the NHS UK wide Formulary. It would be great news to get into the NHS Formulary….but I would also assume that RGRX would have to offer them a very affordable price… to get it into the countrywide system. But any possible approval, or real revenues, would jolt our market cap a lot higher than $20 million.
Well, that helps. The NHS Borders Committee meets the 2nd wednesday, every other month But WHEN was teh last Borders Comitteee meeting??. But all this is still confusing. This Committee meets for a Drug Approval….but they call it a 'Borders" committee..I found all kinds of county or city NHS committees..why isn't there one main one.
Is this NHS Borders Committee different tnan the NICE group which is part of NHS? Does this NHS Borders Committee approve the drug for use? Does the NICE gropu also approve the drug through their 'Technology Appraisal"? Or is the NICE doing a tachnology appraisal in the form of a new trial? It can read like the appraisal is an approval process..not a trial….the Brits aren't very clear, unlike our FDA.
I wish thet RGRX would put out some kind or release. Any other small speculative biotech would. whatever this is, it is material information. Something is going on over there and shareholders deserve to know.
"thanks again sno for your dd sharing…"
The sno haters here always think I have some"agenda". If I had an agenda, I woudl have waited to post all this new info until late MOnday after I bought another slug of stock cheap. I didn't. I just call it as I see it. But if RGRX does open down again..I'm darn sure tempted for some size. Finkestein better be careful. ANY other biotech that faces an APPROVAL drug meeting discloses that ahead, and let the chips fall where they may for investors. Gamble away… Finkestein is NOT disclosing the material information.and RGRX has zoomed up 500%. What happens if there is an approval from England? NITE will be VERY #$%$ off that they shorted a lot of RGRX, and this approval possibility was HIDDEN from them. NITE will immediately accuse all buyers of RGRX from 5 to 25 cents of having illegal non public information. Howwever, I have POSTED the way to get all the PUBLIC information on the possible England approval via the NICE website. Just google" NICE Thymosin". So any buyer of RGRX stock read this PUBLIC information and maybe bought stock. the buyers are off the hook. But is Finkelstein and RGRX liable for NOT disclosing this possible England approval meeting, so NITE and other MM's who may be shorted into it…get blindisided?? And lose a lot of money, maybe?? The message board had all the public info…..but NITE did not because of RGRX refusing to disclose this possibility? If I was NITE, I';d then sue RGRX for non diclosure of material information - that all others on this borad knew of ahead of time WITH PUBLIC DOCUMENTS.
Be very careful Finkelstein. Think of what you are doing by not disclosing this information to all others outside this board, who know, legally and publicly, already. we don't know if it will get approved..but if it does?RGRX shares will be FAR above a 420 million market cap. And MM's will lose a lot of money.