GL to all you holders of MDXG, I just got tired of the slow movement and unrecognized value in MDXG, and sold my entire position today.
I am doing very well in other sectors, like energy, etc. MDXG was like watching paint dry.
My sales usually coincide with a big move up, so GL to the faithful!!
Under 30 days from my post, we have the secondary!!! As to the comment about $25M burn for next yr, their balance sheet say they have $80M, but they are raising 100M, so I guess it will be well beyond 2015 before they get profitable.
If they have 80M, why are they raising now? More bad/terrible mgmt, the investment bank guys just needed their commissions now, so they made these idiots do a deal that could have waited 6-9 months.
This has gone from a speculative investment to a total loser investment.
My 2 cents, I know nothing about AMPE's problems (I do have a lot of shrs, but I defer to those on thsi MB who are immensely more knowledgeable than I am), but i know a lot about how mkts work, and esp naked shorting.
A primer on naked shorting...it's when large HFTs and HFs sell stock short without doing a "borrow". That, essentially, inflates the float, in some cases, by 200-300%. There are no buyers of AMPE that can withstand a deluge of stock coming onto the market at that rate.
So when do these naked guys cover? Well, the short positions are not even noticed until closing, ie, T+3. So when a naked short attack starts, you can be pretty sure it will last 2-3 days, maybe more.
After 3 days, do you think they are in trouble? Hardly, the DTCC (dep trust clearing orp, the agency that clears all trades) sends out a FTD notice (failure to deliver). The HFTs and HFs ignore those notices, bcse the DTCC has no enforcement authority.
So big naked short attacks last 2-3 days, or more, depending on news (see NQ), and the covering of those short shrs could take a month, or more.
Also soo LCI, when they pre-reported their Q2 results, the stock recovered huge (it had been under short attack), which you can always know is short covering, not real demand, but then they came under another barrage of selling.
I agree with the other posters on this MB, buy and be patient, but, imo, if there's a big pop, sell some, the short covering rally never has legs, too many people waiting to sell.
Fair disclosure, I am rarely a LT investor, I am a swing trader. My only LT investments are in large cap bio, I have held a very large GILD position since shortly after the Pharmasset acquisition. other than that, I am a swing trader.
Sorry, I like the current price action!! I had gotten out before the crash, in heavy under 2, rode that to 2.70, and have done 2 or 3 trades between 2.60 and 3.00.
My YTD % gain on CORT is huge, I only wish I was buying many more shrs. I hope it gores back to 2.90. Then back to 2.60.
I think 2.60 or so is a floor (could easily go to 2.45 on any given day, but not stay there for long...), unless the mkts collapse, which I don't expect. I also think 3.00 or so is a ceiling until there's some news that would get it back to 4, or higher.
On the plus side, look at a 6 month chart, and you will see, despite the bumpiness, it's clearly in an ascending pattern. Those patterns sometimes make me want to hold longer...but I won't do that with the mkt heading into a holiday, and a traditionally weak Sept, and with all the WW unrest.
GL, imo, at 2.70, there is almost no downside, and some huge upside, but that upside may take time to develop.
Jeffries took MDWD public at 18, and have supported it since with good reviews. It's now $7/sh.
Sure, they know that they are doing, they are doing what they can to manipulate the mkt....
Tks for your perspective. I hope you are right about 25M burn next yr.
The problem for investors right now is that small cap companies that are not going to be profitable this yr or next are wayyyy out of favor. No one is paying for future profitability.
I had sold over 20, but reloaded at 16, then again at 14. I see 20 or more at some point, but the recent report, and the ensuing stock price, really drives me crazy.
They shd show a clear path for financial success, not just technical success, imo.
I sold 1/2 of the shrs I had left yesterday at 40.23, and today, witht he dow up 100 and GILD up a lot, ENTA is back under 39.
Maybe ENTA will break out, but for now, it has all the characteristics of a trading stock, it doesn't follow the mkt, it trades in a range, and there is no catalyst coming int he next 90-120 days to change that.
It won't be going up, so, you can assume it will go down. I may re-buy those shrs if it gets under 38.
as HART continues to have no rev, and the price continues to decline.... It's called "investing", and the object is to make money. Did you miss that part??
I get it!
After watching it drop from 46 to 38, you think people shd hold their shrs, bcse you think they are worth 80??
I would point out to you that over the last 6 months, ENTA is basically flat. Certainly not on a trajectory to 80!
Apparently, you know more than the market. I sold some at 43 (bot at 26), and am holding just a little. But I think ENTA is dead money for another 3 months, or more.
So the sellers are the smart people, imo, not you. Stop preaching. Just hold the dead money and be quiet about it!
These earnings are all from royalty pmnts, when they go away, what will ENTA earn?
I have read the news, press releases, and all the discourses on this MB, it is just not clear to me that ENTA will have EPS of more than 2/s after the royalty pmnts end. What do they get from ABBV, what will ABBV's sales be? It's anyone's guess.
So you are betting on them using that money well, or on their pipeline.
At least, that's why I am still in it, that EPS for the next 12 months is meaningless. Using it with a PE is just not a useful thought, if it were, ENTA would be 2x where it is now.
Rev up nice, expenses up huge, and the stock plummets.
Listen to the CC, when do they talk about running a business? it is all about the marketing and technology. From what I infer, this company will not be profitable till late 2015, and will probably need to do a secondary between now and then.
Very bad business mgmt. The stock is down 50% from it's hi this yr, that is what you get with such bad mgmt.
"undervalued" implies there is any value. No rev, no rev fcst for a couple yrs, this is total speculation. There is no value in HART. The analysts that you refer to are no better than carnival barkers, bringing in the curious and uninformed.
They again raised 2014 rev est, which means that 2015 shd be much higher than the 150M now shown on YHOO/IBES. Maybe 2015 will be closer to 180? If so, the mkt cap will be about 1.5B, or about 2.5x where it is now.
The way they keep it down is thru naked shorting. At some point, they have to cover. Plus, when they cover first time, they always come back for a second try, preying on nervous investors. But, they will have to cover.
I agree that the rebound could be a while away, and very sudden, but I don't think that is the most likely outcome.
JMO, but I expect a couple gradual recoveries, as news is released, and earnings are released, and new business is announced.
I'll take any recovery, whenever it happens!
Watching the many govt interventions into the corporate world, and the outcomes, I can only come to the conclusion that the govt is blackmailing any company they can. They say they are protecting the consumer, but the money goes into the govt coffers. What a scam!
Look at the banks. Look at the govt helping Ackman on HLF. Look anywhere, the govt is blackmailing US corps left and right. And, us, the shareholders.
People think it's the tax advantage for these guys to move offshore. Maybe, but it is also the ability to get away from the govt thieves.
Bottom line, I expect a settlement this yr, probably in late Q3, and a return to the hi 40s before the end of the yr.
Remember, the prices of all drug/biotechs are down because of govt intervention, Yellen's comments. That has to be washed away, too.
The last 2 splits were done at prices below where GILD is now.
A lower price makes it easier to award stock options, easier for investors to hedge with options, but also makes it easier for hi vol swings.
On the other hand, many biotech stocks are now well over 100 without splitting, and that was the case for only REGN and BIIB at the last split.
For me, the evidence says they will split the stock, just based on what has happened in the past. I give it a 60% chance.
I have had a hard time with this sell off, I was so confident with ANIP that I didn't sell a share. Same for a couple of my holdings, and I got creamed.
But I thot ANIP was pretty strong, and would not sell off so badly. So, at under 31 today, I added. In the long run, their execution will be rewarded (imo...), and ANIP will see 40 this yr.