I think DVAX is a nice speculative play at this price point. Speculative is the key word. I bought in at $1.48. I'm gonna let it ride. Bankruptcy is unlikely, so what's the realistic worst case downside? $.90 pps?
As a buyout play, the price is cheap enough for the Suitor to take a risk, because the upside is substantial.
I've said this before and I'll say it again. DVAX's downturn is due is majority to the mismanagement of Dina and his team. YES, the FDA did blindside them.
However, had this been better managed, these issues could have been foreseen. A *competent* management team would not have been blindsided by the FDAs request for a study that is quite literally 10 times larger than their Phase III.
This level of incompetence raises a red flag for me that European approval is not a shoe in.
Good riddance to Dino and Martin. Bungling buffoons couldn't bring this home. They badly mishandled the FDA filing. Gray is a big positive because it is unlikely he will do worse.
I'm scooping these up. There's 2.23 sitting there too.
Rinse and repeat. We' ll see if these players can out maneuver my buy orders...
Hahaha. New CEO with practical experience from major pharma is some of best news to hit DVAX in a year and stock is down. Hahaha. Stock should be up .25 (and likely will be in short order)
Rinse and repeat begins in 3...2...1...
So stock today is retracing an old pattern - same old shenanigans.
This is how it works. On low volume, short sellers and small manipulators come in and try to cascade the price down. It has been a successful strategy many, many times in the past and again today.
Sell orders are placed and time throughout the day. Then typically between 3:10 and 3:30 they will drop big sell orders. On light volume they only need 30,000-50,000 shares traded to move the pps. It is such a typical pattern. When you know about it you can spot it all day long.
My point is tthis is just pure short and day trade manipulation. It is highly unlikely this is any signficant MM movement. In fact, the volume is actually too low to be MM activity.
Mid 2.30s is rinse and repeat territory.
noticed the same thing - someone is probing the sell triggers. Interesting indeed.
Leads me to believe that the stock will hover around $2.50 for a short period to shake out sellers and then will continue its run.
E X A C T L Y. The stock has almost recovered from the Gold-shock that hit the entire market earlier in week. And it recovered on extremely weak volume. The earlier pps fall was all on weak volume.
So what that seems to indicate is the weak hands got shaken out, and the only ones buying now are the MMs and funds. If that heats up again, watch out.
dnb, I have been a bull on this stock, however I am now a Bear. Did you see the shareholder notice for the gigantic dilution. "Protect against hostile takeover..." my #$%$.
Dynavax would never hold bad news would they? How about Feb 22nd?
If it sounds like sour grapes, it is. This company takes 2 and a half steps forward, and two steps back. I question the value of staying in this.
For a short term buy and hold in the Fall maybe there's some value, but staying in it now, it is hard for me to justify.
At the time OJ posted, I believe the pps was just below $2.30. So there would be no gain on that trade at this time. At the low on Weds, then heck yea.
Stock price headed to the crapper on weak hands and nervous nelly trades. 1/3 normal volume yesterday and today. No buyers because no news.
One thing is certain, NEWS=CLARITY. Clarity should give buyers confidence. As kachina says there's little reason to buy on no news.
How do you get an approval from the FDA meeting? I though the 6-week meeting was just to discuss how to address the CRL? Then don't they respond to CRL and then wait another 3-6 months (while more people become infected with HEP-B and Dr. Daum sips his red wine is his Chi-town pad while cavorting with GSK reps?
Any word? The 6 weeks has come and gone. Did the FDA give Dynavax a wedgie and send them home again?
Is Dino sharing the meeting status - presuming one - with the MMs and other funds, and not releasing the info? Would that not constitute insider trading?
I think the big Tech rally today has sapped some interest in DVAX. It had a nice swing down to 2.36 - which is in rinse and repeat territory.