I read it as bullish. First minor resistance at $4. Then some more serious resistance at the $5 level. Then nothing serious until $7.
----- Potential detractors---
- Adverse Greek decision.
- Fed interest move.
That's possible. Jack said they were in discussions with several companies. Hard to say if those discussions were buyout offers, or partnership offers. Time will tell.
— 4:32 PM ET 10/05/2015
Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc. shares rose in the extended session Monday following an announcement by the company its chief executive was retiring. Arena shares advanced 5.1% to $2.26. The drug developer said co-founder Jack Lief was retiring as president and CEO, and that Harry Hixson will serve as interim CEO. Arena said it will initiate a search for a new CEO immediately.
SAN DIEGO, Oct. 5, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. today announced that, at the request of the Board of Directors, Jack Lief, Arena's President and Chief Executive Officer, has retired from the company, including its Board of Directors. Dr. Harry F. Hixson, a director of Arena since 2004, has been appointed to serve as interim Chief Executive Officer and interim principal financial officer. Arena will immediately initiate a search for a new chief executive officer.
"I leave Arena proud of the accomplishments made by our employees in advancing healthcare and science," said Mr. Lief. "I look forward to watching the company transition through its next phase of development."
If you mean EST, you missed it. If you mean PST, it's still possible.
Personally I think EGO is giving up its biggest bargaining tool by recalling workers before this is settled.
Some basic math on the Baker Hughes Rig count report.
N. America count. -26
US count -29
Gulf count -4
Canada count +3
N. America plus Gulf of Mexico count -30
Released On 10/2/2015 1:00:00 PM For Oct 2
N. Amer. Rig Count 1,014 988
U.S. 838 809
Gulf of Mexico 33 29
Canada 176 179
After hearing oral arguments for about two hours, the court gave both sides until Oct. 7 to make full written submissions, Eldorado's lawyer Eleni Trova told reporters.
The court will hold several sessions before it issues a ruling.
"We're awaiting the court's ruling which we believe will vindicate us," said Yiorgos Hatzis, head of the workers' union, after the hearing. "People in Halkidiki are tired of being unemployed because of unfair decisions."
You're right. We have a completely different idea of clever.
- Who is going to overthrow Assad now that the Russians have landed and they are backing him, and bombing U.S. trained anti-Assad forces? Those planes with air defense capability aren't for fighting ISIS. They are a deterrent to the only air power in the region, the U.S. Is Obama going to draw yet another Red Line in the sand? What a joke that would be.
- And the Russian people support Putin. Ask your Russian friends. He is making Russia a power again. Increasing the size of the army, gaining valuable territory for resources and defense, and bringing National pride back to the people by defying the U.S.
Putin is much more clever than U.S. and in particular the Obama administration.
- Backing Assad , who we want gone. Even bombing anti-Assad forces we support.
- Selling Syria weapons
- Driving up the price of oil. Which they need higher to support their economy.
- Gaining influence in the Mid-East
- Distracting the media from his continued action in the Ukraine.
With Russia and the U.S both sticking their noses in the Mid-East, there is all kinds of potential for conflict. Throw in a hurricane, or two, and who knows what oil prices will do short term. .
Sadly this is not a court ruling, just a summary of a discussion. My previous comment stands. The official Greek position remains..
- Please call the workers back, pay them, and continue to develop the mine. The workers need jobs, and we need revenue from taxing them. We'll decide later if we'll let you keep the mine, or actually remove gold from the mine to cover your investment.
Well said. Both in relation to Dan and the news.
- Releasing new information to a select group of investors is NOT how this type of information is supposed to be disseminated.
Dan. Thank for the clarification. Ha. Things are right in the world again, regarding GALE at least. ☺
I've seen Dan post on this board for years. That is why I questioned the comment. It appears that it may have just been poorly worded, which is why I asked him for clarification.
Considering this trade was at the highest price shares traded in AH's.... couldn't it have simply been a late settlement trade from a private trading pool?