I had an accident last weekend - I fell off a ladder and dislocated my left shoulder, tore my labrum, and hurt my hip.
I was in the hospital overnight, and will likely have shoulder surgery once the swelling goes down. The pain was just horrible, and I've been suffering ever since. Just sitting up right now to type is uncomfortable.
Admittedly, I was expecting news this week - and, in turn, a pop in GTXI - but it seems I jumped the gun. But, like any number of my other previous picks, there are any number of factors at play here, and things tend to be delayed sometimes.
Regardless, GTXI is still a strong buy. As always, just remain patient.
In the interim, I may not be actively posting for a while due to my shoulder. Sorry. :-)
You've been patient, and it's about to pay off.
If you are referring to the August pop from under $1.50 to almost $4.00, I did happen to post OPXA was a buy a couple of days prior to that bounce.
The run-up you are about to see, however, will be far more pronounced.
Seriously, do *not* sell your OPXA. Big news is coming.
If you are long and down, now is the time to average in.
And if you've simply been watching, now is the time to buy.
Actually, not yet.
When GTXI is trading at $12.00, I'll be right.
Until then I'm simply another silly trader posting on Yahoo.
Tough choice, if it's an either/or situation.
And if faced with this choice, I'd split my money evenly and buy both.
GTXI has been running up lately, while OPXA has been flat to down. That said, OPXA has a history of making quick, big pops; as witnessed by OPXA's chart.
Both stocks still remain well below their respective long-term trading ranges, which to me points to a lot of upside potential.
So, again, if faced with an either/or, I'd simply buy both and subsequently trade on an event.
OPXA has been a good trader.
But throughout these mini-pops and declines, I've held my core position. In fact, when I've made money trading OPXA, I've used the profit to buy more OPXA to hold longer term.
I'm currently down on my core OPXA position, but again I'm holding. This stock *will* see a big bounce, and when this occurs the wait will have been worth it.
Well, I sense we'll soon be hearing something on AMRN.
If the news is bad, it'll likely be released after hours.
If the news is good (and the company is smart) they'll release the news during hours; and preferably with a halt on the stock prior to releasing the news.
Or... I could be totally wrong about everything. :-)
It was fun watching CHTP last night after hours. I didn't own any, but was happy for the longs.
OXGN is a profitable trader, isn't it?
I'm currently in AMRN now, too; went long the first day of trading this year. Almost sold a couple of days ago on the pop near $2.50, but decided to hold through the upcoming news. Would love to see a CHTP-like move here, but if not I'm prepared to either take my loss or simply average down.
For the same reason I owned a car long before I ever joined AAA...
I don't fault anyone for banking a profit, but day traders are going to be very unhappy, as I'm expecting to see GTXI soon trading in the double digits.
ICPT is an excellent example of what can happen when a biotech stock *really* moves, ICPT went from $18 in NOV 2012 to $300 today.