Thank you for the update and feedback from IR, that was my take as well..Finally I think it was a good decision to take advice as mgnt did not seem very conversant with finance related matters. BK is out of question since debt is not even partly due before 2019. Bondholders will be I think involved in a buy back plan
Because they have no clue about finance and they have littel experience in dealing with publicly traded companies. Believe me this is no rocket science, Lazard will make it very complicated to justify their fees, any experienced CFO of publicly traded company would have acted long time ago. The only sure thing is that if they try and give away to company to bondholders when debt is not even partly due before 2019, they will face a hell of class action
Management clearly needed strategic advice. Lazard will propose to buy back bonds at distressed prices and possibly allocate some funds to share buy back. If OPEC and non OPEC countries agree to support a minimum long term sustainaible oil price, then you buy now a $200M-$300 net income company with $25M
False. In fact I had received a written reply on the issue from IR
QUOTE We will articulate our plan to regain compliance to the Nasdaq committee on Sept. 22nd. From that point we will have a six month grace period UNQUOTE.
No mention of RS and whatever is going to be the submitted plan there will be a 180 grace period. They would never tell anybody privately what is the plan
2M+ shares short with a pending potential multi hundreds millions settlement. PR can come any time now, as 30 days was an estimated timeframe. This is simply crazy.
Crazy is also whoever is selling now.
Who wants some exposure should buy now as well, as tomorrow may be too late. I expect any PR to be issue pre-market, give the posttive outcome
- Confirm it provides the necessary resources to complete the other trials
- Link the first success to a series of bigger and forthcoming successes considering the lawsuits involving the same technology (Cisco etc)
- Give an idea on how it compares to the immense infringdement Huawei was brought to Court
- Hint if it is a lump sum or also it has royalties attached
- Hint to special dividend if applicable
AH has the opportunity to resuscitate this company after having it brought to its needs. The chance finally to reward its shareholders and regain the trust and aurea he used to have as lawyer and he seems he has lost as CEO
$10 m i believe is really tHe worst case scenario, which would give though enough Money to chase Cisco. If I were ah though and i had a mk order Worth hundreds usd m, i'd rather try and fund the continuatIon than Take a tip also because the huawei and Cisco case seem similar although cisco much bigger (5-10 times). All this time and work to aim at Less than what spex paid for tHe patents? I Think that would be the end of ah career
That can be anytime now, tHe rePort of mediatIon was filed on aug 21st and it was estimaTed 30 days to finalize tHe paperwork. It May be a few days sooner or a few days later, But it seems a done Deal.
I think most of the people who think that the settlement will be significant have already invested what they are willing to risk. Thw rest who want some exposure will come on board in the next couple of weeks as we approach the 30 days deadline and also many will be reducing their short positions, so I expect a steady PPS appreciation in the next couple of weeks.
The others are not willing to risk also because this is the first real monetary settlement and they want to understand the $$. The problem is that when the $$ will be disclosed/known it will be too late as PPS will have jumped in a matter of seconds to whatever is the new projected cash flow , including the increased likelyhood of major Cisco win. I think we will have a fairly good idea of the outcome within 2 weeks time, but maybe we will have to wait until the next 10Q to have a more precise understanding of the $$.
"We are extremely pleased with the outcome of the Markman Hearing in the case of NNPT vs. Huawei. Claim construction is vitally important to articulating disputes in patent cases. By prevailing on the majority of all disputed terms that define the assertion and enforcement of these valuable patents, we can move on to the next critical stage of this case with increased confidence. The results of this hearing are also a clear indication of the strength of our legal team and the robustness of our case against Huawei. We thank the Court for its work on this matter''
One week later the PR about favourable MOU with Huawei.
Next will be the PR about the settlement.
The Huawei infrindgement has always been defined by AH immense and relating to most of routing and switching revenue al least from 2011 (ca $2-3B per annum). Normally you would get avg 5% royalty on patented technology. For the past 5 years this would mean $100M per annum plus the royalties on future revenue. Even if he will grant a discount, as settled, how low could it go?
Then to consider Cisco plus Juniper you have to multiply by 10 since infringdment start earlier (from 2008 for Cisco) and relate to at least $12B revenue per annum together.
All signs point to big payday. We might know in 10 days, or due to NDA, in the next 10Q, or when they announce a special dividend, but we will know eventually. I also think that there will be leaks. With $18M market cap only I also think this has now become a low risk bet with unlimited upside
You have serious comprehension issues, or you pretend you do not understand or you are depserate short. This is my last reply to you as it appears is more and more a waste of time to reply to your silly posts. They MUST definitively issue a PR once Settlement is finalized. That is a material event, there is no options. As hinted by IR, although an NDA will be in place the PR will likely let us understand how big and how favourable the settlement will be, although exact figure cannot be disclosed.
Regarding delisting issue, the stock has to be trading above $1 for 10 consecutive days before Setp 23rd, and sincethere are not enough trading days from Monday through Sept 23nd will be already even if PPS goes above $5 around Sept 24th , they have to submit a plan to regain compliance, regardless. The plan could also be ' look we have a revenue streamline of royalties going forward of 10 times our market cap, and we are already above $5, so starting Sept 25th there will be no issues'
I agree , AH will have many ways to pass the message to the markets without going against the NDA. Plus he needs to scare Cisco and let them know somehow how serious the issue is for them. So I am am very confident that the materiality of the settlement will be communicated somehow in the PR
It is fairly typical that the defendants don’t want the award known publicly in a PR. I agree, it is a poor and nontransparent public company model but legally we sign documents that preclude us from stating the amount in the PR.
I agree, the CEO or message to investors could suggest or give some idea if the settlement was favorable or what we expected.
I think we will not get the exact figure but we will understand the magnitude
Sentiment: Strong Buy
We will articulate our plan to regain compliance to the Nasdaq committee on Sept. 22nd. From that point we will have a six month grace period
Basically they are waiting on the last day ... my guess is that because we should hear about Huawei before then and that on Sept 22nd there should be already enough information to easily regain compliance
Sentiment: Strong Buy
I think it will give a better idea of what to expect from the settlement. That would be the most valuable post here for sure assuming it is availaible . Thanks in advance