Perhaps this is why they are cutting sales reps? Trimming the fat now for a deal in the making.....just something to think about. I have suspected Eisai would be open to share in a deal for this costly loser as they would have to repeat more expenses if/when approved outside the USA. We need a buyout now to get this dog out of the short hands, and move forward with a big pharma leader.
krionic just outlined a piece of the bigger picture.....selected responders and the cost to find out if it works for you. Belphen would solve some of that puzzle providing weight loss for more responders, but the cost is still hanging around your neck. Marketing hurdles to overcome for sure.
A very long way to approval, and making a dime of income. Hold for 3 more years through another dilution or two. No faith in management for shareholder value.
Phew.....shorts won't get squeezed at all. Over $5, still $2.22 below the 52 week mark and is nothing to shout about in my view. Over $7 when Jack goes away. They should have sold royalty rights to some of the Bel future USA earnings from Easai to raise money instead of dilution.
My view, this farm only has seeds yet to be planted for a crop to sell when it's harvest time. They can't afford the farm labor, the tractor, combines, and the field is to wet to plow. As far as dilution of shares, that was a 5th mortgage on the farm. They need to sell the whole FARM now. I laugh when people state they have no debt, new shares kept them out of debt from us suckers who bought more and have been holding for so long. We need a new team of horses to pull the plow instead of the Jack-O#$%$ team we have now.
Bingo, another smart guy figured it out finally. It's a R&D company, and Jack"O" wants partners to shoulder the D part of expenses for his research. Past partners have bailed out on him, and no one is taking the ball on current development needs. His business plan is not working, and the research is expensive. The timeline through development is huge. He, and cronies have milked the shareholders money for way to long. I will gladly pay my share of taxes on a buyout offer gain.
Don't be a smuck! The directors and officers don't even buy and hold their own stock. What should that tell you. Owned this for over 5 years and they don't buy.
Geez, we are having a good day, we just might reach $4.50 again for the 20th time. $10 Billion, not until we get rid of Jack"O".
Study after study, the health community knows the problems of weight loss, and the benefit to the patient. When the patient gets diabetes, a hip or knee replacement, heart attack or other serious weight related issue they might get off their fat #$%$ and do something about their weight. 20% don't care, 20% would like to lose weight but may not be able to afford the drug cost, 30% will actually go to the Doc and make the attempt, while 30% will make the lifestyle changes needed to be successful. At best, we might have 60% interested enough to see their doctor about weight loss, most will try over the counter meds, dieting, Jenny Craig, or Weight Watchers. It's an uphill battle when many people only go to the doctor if, and when the are sick. If I were King, I would charge airfare tickets by the pound, people and their luggage......wake up America!
It's not strong now! It's inching along one pound at a time.
You all still don't get it! It's not the drug, it's the management running the company.
Jack is taking our money, and barely doing much that would equate to shareholder value. ARNA now flirting with the potential to reach below $4. Jack needs to go, he is getting paid to much with our money.
Take it to $6 and many longs will sell a bunch of shares.
Don't wet your pants over the good news if it comes along. It's a very long way to commercialization before Arena see's a dimes worth of income. Let's be realistic about things from an investment point of view.
But it's not approved, and going to take a great deal of time before you see a dime of income.